• Days Won

SallyG last won the day on November 2 2020

SallyG had the most liked content!

96 Excellent

4 Followers

About SallyG

Profile Information

• Interests
    Antique doll restoration, sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, dollhouses, photography, scrapbooks.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Sally
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,559 profile views
  1. thanks everyone. I have used the pin and bead for years for little drawer pulls, and while they give a good effect, I can't believe no one has come up with some really nice half inch scale hardware.
  2. I am hoping that someone may be able to help. I am searching high and low for 1/2" scale hardware....furniture pulls, knobs, etc. So far, there are the same Houseworks set of doorknob sets, which are fine. And I ordered a set of 1/2" scale knobs made by Housework. But that is all I can find. No lovely sets of .... well, anything...that you can easily find in 1/12 scale. I love working in 1/2" scale...since I no longer have the room for my big houses, and am working on a fantastic San Francisco Painted Lady...but I can't believe that someone does not produce hardware in 1/2" scale!! Does anyone know of any sources?
  3. Jackpot on the Sue Cook miniatures!!!! Thanks so much!!
  4. hmm...good idea. I think I will contact Mini Etchers...she makes beautiful laser cut things...see if maybe she could work up a design for me.
  5. SallyG

Bathroom

It's a tin ceiling available at most dollhouse supply stores. It's the smaller version. They are great because you can cut them to size and paint them any color you want...but always use spray paint so you have a nice uniform color.
  6. Ok, I have scoured the internet and can't seem to find a source of ceiling medallions in half-inch scale. Does ANYONE know of a source for them? If so, please let me know....I know someone must make them!
  7. I have recently completed my new Fairfield (see new Album in the Gallery) and it's available for sale. Please let me know if you are interested. I am in Gainesville, Florida.
  8. SallyG

The Fairfield 2

I loved the Fairfield design so much I decided to make another one!! I did hardwood flooring, tin ceilings, cloth plaster ceilings, beadboard in the bathroom, baseboard, crown moldings, and custom stair posts. The ceilings are either painted "tin" ceilings, or a plaster cloth ceiling. The interior doors are custom copies of doors from the old house I lived in as a kid. The front door is a copy of the front door of my grandmothers old victorian house. The parlor and dining room have a herringbone pattern floor. The porch roof is a simulated "tin" roof, while the house roof is individual shakes finished to look like slate. The brickwork is egg carton bricks. The exterior finish is part siding and part plaster cloth to simulate a stucco finish. The underside of the porch ceiling is a beadboard painted pale blue, while the floor is hardwood painted grey. I decided against finishing the attic and instead gave it a traditional attic finish...rafters and newsprint. Please see Community Trading Post for more info.
  9. SallyG

A New Fairfield Album

This album was created by the Admin. There was an incorrect setting that allowed members to upload images into the Member's Gallery without creating an album. As a matter of house cleaning, we are creating an album for those member that were effected and moving their images. Feel free to edit the album name and description or if you would like, you can delete them.
  10. SallyG

The 2nd New Fairfield Dollhouse

This album was created by the Admin. There was an incorrect setting that allowed members to upload images into the Member's Gallery without creating an album. As a matter of house cleaning, we are creating an album for those member that were effected and moving their images. Feel free to edit the album name and description or if you would like, you can delete them.
  11. Emily, the one I got was the 3d printed one from Mini Etchers...I added some legs to it. It actually looks pretty great! I've gotten a lot of Kits from Mini Etchers and she has done some custom Eastlake pieces for me...she is working on a few more pieces now. I have a ebay alert set up as well, so we probably bid against each other on some of them! LOL!
  12. I remember that one, Holly. I’ve done a bit with 3D printing and got this one from Shapeways, but saw the Cassidy Creations one on eBay a couple of months ago and am still kicking myself for not getting it!
  13. Not new here but I had to create a new account. Anyway, I am working on my 2nd Fairfield house, and am looking for anyone who has any unbuilt Cassidy Creations kits they want to sell. I have a bunch of them, but am looking for some of the older kits that aren't made anymore. I am especially looking for the kitchen sink kit, but any of the older ones I would be interested in. Please let me know if you have any you are looking to sell.
  14. Well, the Garfield has a home! I sold my Newport on Monday and the 22 year old and her mother who bought it decided that they can't live without the Garfield and all it's furnishings as well! They are coming to pick it up tonight and I'm confident it will have a great home! I's like re-homing a pet!!!
  15. Greetings, all! Due to downsizing, I am needing to sell my completed Garfield. (see photos in my gallery). I am in Gainesville, Florida. It would have to be local pickup only. If anyone is interested, please PM me. I am also interested in letting the furniture go as well, which is all hand-made from The Scale Cabinetmaker plans. I think I am going to focus entirely on half-inch scale from here on out since that is all I would have room for. I would be amenable to a trade of half inch house/kit as well, especially if anyone has a half-inch Victoriana (little McKinley) kit. Let me know if you are interested.