• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    holly
  • Country
    Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

33,367 profile views
  1. Oh, Kathie, how thrilling! Now I personally know two published authors!
  2. Karen, dear heart, dollhouses are like potato chips...
  3. Why not recover the sofa and use it in another house?
  4. Welcome to the little family, Ann. When you have made five posts you can share photos of your house and what you want to fix. BTW, there's no law against fixing up a dollhouse for YOU to enjoy.
  5. Painters' tape will be a major help. When I rehab a house (including repaint) I take it apart first as much as possible, which doesn't sound like much of an option for you. I will wish you all kinds of luck, since painting the interior, especially the details, is probably going to be a bear. Ihave never understood building a house totally unfinished, without at least priming the interior walls first.
  6. Welcome to the little family, and we all love eye candy, so post away. As you can see, I post a whole lot (but I've been here nearly 20 years).
  7. We are all ready to hunker; got the generator into the shop after it wouldn't go during the last storm-caused power outage; fortunately we got power before everything in the freezer died. Hurricane season begins 1 June.
  8. I rather like the effect of tapping an expired credit card over freshly applied spackle/ joint compound for a stucco finish; go back and lightly drag the card over the surface to flatten the peaks for plaster. It's how I did the "stucco" exterior: and the plaster interior of my Greenleaf pub.
  9. Ah, but with beautiful burl you can go with pain brass or bronze or even black.
  10. Sorry, no. I haunt the bead aisle at the craft stores, so I can only suggest you do the same.
  11. Spackle/joint compound is always your best friend!