• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kathie
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

12570 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks for sharing. Jane Peterson was a new name to me. Her work is lovely.
  2. Victorian lighting

Hmm ... I scrolled down the page a bit and found the same lamp listed for about the half price of this listing .... a different seller name but from the same city in China.
  3. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

Miracle Gro! Who'd a thunk it? This is great information, Denise. Thank you. I think with all the messing about I've done already with the tower roof, any modifications will have to be color brushed on. The roof is sitting over to one side while the electrification happens.
  4. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

I thought about doing something like this, but  tipping a 3-story house with several dangling ceiling lights to get at the underside if something needs attention (like replacing a fuse) would be daunting. Unless I buy the compatible cord with the on/off switch, the power cord will have to be unplugged when the house is unlighted, so relatively easy access to the power connector is a must.  The power connector could be under the house and the short switch cord could come out through a notch, but it would still mean a hassle to replace a fuse, and the switch cord is no beauty itself.  I think hiding the power connector under the bay window overhang and using artfully placed shrubbery will do the trick.
  5. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

I've blogged the outcome of the wire conundrum. I know you've been waiting for it ...  As the man said, some day's you're the statue, some days you're the pigeon. *sigh*
  6. She Sleeps in a Piano!?!

Google "antique murphy beds" images for some nifty examples
  7. I am not new, but...

Hey, Greg! Welcome back. Sounds like an eventful life.   It's good to hear your mini business is growing. Do you have any shows scheduled near Atlanta?
  8. My Heritage really is haunted.

Now I see the woman walking. I was concentrating on the paint smudges that to me look like ... paint smudges. 
  9. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

While I was in Walmart I got a call from Carl at CR2. I hadn't left a message, but he saw my number and called me back. It's too late tonight to act on what he said. Will report in the morning.  
  10. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

Good idea. It's after 6 pm now, no answer. Will try tomorrow. The AC/Adapter cord had two skinny wires inside, about the size of the miniature fixture wire.  It's a no go. Meanwhile, I think I'll hit Walmart and see if they have any lamp repair stuff. It's about 30 miles closer than Cedartown.  
  11. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

Don't know why they wouldn't sell them. The trick is to find a Radio Shack that's still open.  Meanwhile, I found an old AC/DC adapter that looks as if it might fill the bill.
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

That's an elegant house, but the carpeting made me laugh. The pile is so high in most of the rooms that it looks as if the surf''s up. You could lose a small dog in there!  
  13. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

Well, shoot! I got out all of the light fixtures and placed them where they will be installed to help guide where the tape wire runs should go. I got out the power source, cranked up the video for a quick review, and hit a brick wall. <SPLAT!!!> The first step is to insert the white and black wires into the power  connector. Ha! No white and black wires came with the power source and power connector. The wires in the video appear to be more robust than the wires on the light fixtures. There is no mention of what size the connecting wires are. So, I printed out a picture of the wires from the video, including some fingers for scale, and hied off to Home Depot. Had a hard time finding small wires and smallest spools were 50 feet. So, for $12, I bought a spool of what looked like the right size diameter. The outside diameter may have been okay, but when I got it home, snipped off the pieces I'd need and stripped the ends, I discovered the bundle of copper wires inside are too big to fit into the power connector sockets. Grrrrrrr.   I am about to search out the box of dead electronic equipment that I know is around here someplace in hopes of cannibalizing usable wire from something.
  14. My Heritage really is haunted.

Not seeing it ... hint? Positive or negative image?
  15. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

Thanks, Holly, but I'm trying a new method, using a power supply rather than a transformer. The suggestions for placing and connecting tape runs in the video are well worth reviewing. The beginning of the week is going to be busy. I'll probably start on this toward the end of the week.