• Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kathie
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

8710 profile views
  1. Slightly odd shaped dog house

Whimsy at its finest.  
  2. That's a good thing to keep in mind no matter what house has your attention.
  3. What's everyone working on?

I get a 404 error message when I click the link. It's trying to send me to google.photos, not your album
  4. My next project

What a sweet house.  I especially like the elf's bedroom.
  5. Jefferson House

I've found that the handle of a utility knife/box cutter is easier to control than the pencil-shaped handle of an eXacto knife when cutting wood or heavy card stock. In either case, be sure the blade is new and sharp, sharp, sharp. As soon as it feels as if it is pulling, replace it.
  6. The Linfield

Hi Sue. Welcome to the forum. It appears that at this time you've posted only twice -- the two above messages. Perhaps you forgot to hit the Submit Reply button when you wrote your into. (Please don't ask me how I thought of this!) Look at it as a chance for a do-over and give it another try.  
  7. The Linfield

Hi Sue. Welcome to the forum. It appears that at this time you've posted only twice -- the two above messages. Perhaps you forgot to hit the Submit Reply button when you wrote your into. (Please don't ask me how I thought of this!) Look at it as a chance for a do-over and give it another try.  
  8. It depends on how the basement is finished. If it's a living area, then treat it as you would on any floor. In our Missouri house we had ceramic tile in the family room area. The rest of the basement (laundry, half bath, and work/craft areas) we painted the concrete floor, which turned out to be a mistake, as dampness from beneath caused the paint to bubble and flake off in a few areas. Not pretty, but hey, it was a basement. In a mini house, you can assume it is in a dry area that won't trigger any issues with whatever you use for flooring.  
  9. Solar Eclipse on August 21

I'm way too far off the path to even consider it. Have seen eclipses of both sun and moon in my 76 years and don't feel a need to make any special effort to see this one. It is going to pass right over Marshall, Missouri, where we used to spend our summers. I understand from friends there that all of the RV parks and campgrounds were reserved months and months ago and farmers are renting out camping spaces. They're expecting a huge influx of people. Don't know where they're going to put them. It's a very small town.
  10. Painting the exterior

Gesso will also provide a smooth surface that does not need to be primed once it has dried. 
  11. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

The salt/vinegar mix has been applied and the tower roof tented. It's out of my hands now. Chemical reaction, do your thing!   Photos here.
  12. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

Double post on my blog today. Click here to see the latest verdigris test patches and then click on the Newer Post link at the bottom of the page OR click here to see the panels in place.  I'm going to use the salt/vinegar mix on it tomorrow and tent it with a plastic bag over the weekend. We'll see if I have the patience to wait until Monday for the Great Reveal!  
  13. Paddington movie's dollhouse

Too cool! What fun you'll have, Carmen! Thanks for the link.
  14. What a precious project. Thanks for sharing it with us!
  15. So how is the weather where you're at ?

One tornado warning for Orleans Parish set off the warning alarm on my phone a couple hours ago. The swirling winds and clouds moved out over Lake Pontchartrain without causing major damage on shore.  Tornado watch in effect until 7 pm.  A pattern of scattered heavy showers has developed, short bursts of sun between relatively brief gully washers. The storm is moving very fast. Got an email from my doctor's office saying they're closed for the day because their power is out. They're only about 6 blocks away from here. Don't know what caused their outage, but electricity here hasn't even flickered.