• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kathie
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

10277 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

Love their little noses! 
  2. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

There may be an Atlanta in California, but the map included in this listing is definitely Atlanta, Georgia. And the 770 area code given for the phone number is also in Atlanta, GA. Perhaps the seller listed it in several areas where they thought there might be likely customers with the cash to purchase.
  3. Grandpa's new project

There is a forum thread on making chimney pots here. The site for the Romney pots that MikeUK mentions are here. Additional options here.
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Savannah is one of my favorite cities. Savoring the seafood with you.  
  5. Still need to add the trim

I'm glad I don't have to shovel the walkway to the outhouse!  
  6. Grandpa's new project

Great minds think alike, eh?  
  7. Grandpa's new project

With the amount of thoughtful, skilled craftsmanship you are applying to the build so far, I don't think you'd be happy with paper bricks for that much coverage, embossed or not. It might work for small areas, where it wouldn't be front and center, but for such a significant part of the house? ...   What is this saving time and hassle nonsense? You know you're going to spend as much time as it takes to meet your own high standards, and you will fuss with it as long a necessary to get it just right. As for cost -- I can see that. Your routed lines on the ground floor turned out well -- very well. Can you route grout lines to delineate the bricks  on the upper floors and paint them? (Prime with grout color all over, then sponge brick colors onto the brick surfaces.) It would be sweat equity well invested, I think.
  8. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

It is listed in the Los Angeles Craigslist but is located in Atlanta ... some days I wish I were rich and had unlimited space. *sigh*
  9. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

I think any bean recipe improves with time. It takes a while for the flavors to blend well.
  10. Grandpa's new project

It's turning into a little gem, Colin. No wonder your wife wants it!  
  11. Grandpa's new project

Colin, the verdict is in. You are found to be having more fun than is allowed by law.  
  12. Vintage Vinyl Horsman Doll

Did you use a dish liquid with a grease cutter, like Dawn? Not all dish liquids are the same. You might try alcohol on a Magic Eraser to cut through the sticky. Good luck!
  13. Vintage Vinyl Horsman Doll

I Googled "how to clean a vinyl doll" and found this website. It recommends baby wipes, among other things. I think you'll find it useful. Here's a YouTube video that will also be useful ...  this one is using a Magic Eraser with 70% alcohol. Works well! She cleaned off Magic Marker and paint. 
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks! We have three already on the agenda. She may want more, but that's enough for me (the non-quilter), and I have the car keys. Will keep it in mind for a girls' day out with my sis-the-quilter when the weather gets nicer.  
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Will let you know when we get her itinerary worked out. With quilt shops to visit as well as Miniature Designs, we'll have a busy week.