• Real Name Kathie
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

14775 profile views
  1. nanaroma

So far: excellent!  
  2. nanaroma

3. HELP!

Sleep on it. Give your mind a chance to relax and come at the issue from a different direction. It may still be fixable. Be sure you can live with the flat panels before you go ripping out the 3-D panels. 
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Wow! Fantastic! ... at that bargain price, how about you present it as a great opportunity to do a Chip and Joanna Gaines to rehab and flip? Of course later you could ... ummm ... forget to list is anywhere. <G>
  5. This has been reported as a duplicate post
  6. Signage6L.jpg

It is beautifully elegant. Your persistence paid off, big time!  
  7. "Destroying" a couple Lawbre houses?

The one thing at Oak Alley that I love is the cradle in the master bedroom. The carving is wonderful.  After the first few times, we'd send our guests in for the house tour while we enjoyed sitting on the porch and gazing at the oaks. When I did go inside, I tuned out the guide's spiel and took in the decorative details.   
  8. "Destroying" a couple Lawbre houses?

There are no hard and fast design rules regarding the size of Creole houses. I love your modified version. If you decorate the interior in the manner of Laura Plantation, folks looking at it are going to be so fascinated that they won't criticize the overall size of the house. I've been to Laura Plantation several times. It was a favorite place to take out of town visitors because Lloyd and I enjoyed it. We also took folks to Oak Alley, but not as often.The sugary wedding cake aura of the fancier plantations gets a bit old.
  9. What would be your dream dollhouse?

Sometimes punctuation gets in the way of expression. You express yourself very well. I can easily imagine your lighthouse keeper's house in its wild setting.  
  10. Turntables: best one for the money?

Look for a lazy susan turntable from Home Depot or Lowe's and add a base. You can probably do the whole thing for $15-20, maybe less if you have base wood on hand
  11. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Not I. I'm more about building and less about pedigree.
  12. Except, perhaps, for the killer in The Lovely Bones ... Dollhouse
  13. Then there was the supposedly NIB Glencroft I bought on eBay. What I received was a box of the punched out boards. Not one piece of the house in the mess. I've forgotten the outcome. I think I got my money back after a while. I tend to leave disappointments in the rear view mirror, where they quickly disappear.
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

I love a happy ending  
  15. Cutting a monster down to size

Is this the house on the unpainted wooden base? Link I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of the base. It's not all that lovely, and putting it on a new base would solve a lot of problems. Lots of houses don't have basements.