• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kathie
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

15900 profile views
  1. My 3rd First

Lee, I love your persistence. As to the stairs/no stairs issue, keep in mind that your house can be anything you want it to be in whatever form suits your fancy. There is no such thing as a construction or decoration faux pas in the miniature world. Fellow miniaturists will not question your choices unless asked for an opinion, and as you have already realized, the invisible part of the house can be used to justify your choices for folks who don't understand our obsession hobby.
  2. Ceiling height and Aster Cottage

It is frustrating to have a particular plan in mind only to find out that it won't work in a particular house or that the house itself demands something totally different. Ask Holly, who's plan to create Miss Marple's cottage turned into a jolly pub instead. Or when my plan to build a regular 1:12 scale houseboat turned into a 1:24 scale two-story houseboat containing a two-story formal ballroom housing a retired merchant marine captain who happens to be a bullfrog. Or a farmhouse that I just couldn't bring myself to finish until it let me know that it wanted to be a haunted hangout for a gang of skeletons! Who'd have thought? We have learned to listen to the kits and follow their lead rather than trying to impose our will on them. Your Aster is telling you something. It seems as if your inspiration photo isn't going work in this house. You need to listen to the house and go with the flow (as we aging flower children used to say).   If you share your inspiration photo, perhaps someone here can suggest a house that would suit it better than the Aster.
  3. What's everyone working on?

I like that each of the rope-molding columns is different. I immediately sensed the pride of artistry and craftsmanship that the cottager-builder must have felt as he built his house. 
  4. Marquetry class by Cris Malcomson

Beautiful.  
  5. Hint for choosing color schemes

I don't see this as a bad habit. I think it adds to the realism if the mini house looks as if real mini people had a hand in decorating it. If I wouldn't be happy living there, I'm sure neither would they.  
  6. Hint for choosing color schemes

More like personal taste, I think. No reason why it couldn't be done.
  7. tree exterior finished (3).jpg

That little bit extra makes a big difference. It really looks good.  
  8. Birds on a Branch - 24.75 hours

I'm  whiz with cupcakes. Just got back from dropping off some a the local police station, thanks for patrolling our neighborhood.  
  9. Birds on a Branch - 24.75 hours

Do you think the postmaster's wife or mother might adopt me?  
  10. Birds on a Branch - 24.75 hours

The colors are stunning ... this looks way too elegant to be found in a rural post office.
  11. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

The bottom of the box appears to have some damage from dampness. I'd steer way clear of this one.
  12. wood arms Yea or Nay

What a fabulous little chair. I love that it folds up.   As for the arms, I could go either way. It's great the way it is, but the wood would add another element of realism. 
  13. Beautiful Crissy

Neat gift! I was in my 30s 49 years ago, so missed the Crissy craze.
  14. What's everyone working on?

Hi Linda! Is this what you're looking for? Walmer Victorian Farmhouse? is your most recent album. I wanted to post a link, but the program won't let me. 
  15. can anyone help

Reported as spam