• Last visited

0 Neutral

About CALLACO-Karen

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Country
    United States
  1. I doodle vines with different kinds of flowers on.... all over the page Karen
  2. We have satalite here..... your all settled down watching...a movie, drag racing, what ever fits your fancy right at that point and BAM! blue screen, and the words "Searching For Signal" you talk about a temper tantrum.... :yikes: B) luckly that dosent happen to often..... Have a great day Karen
  3. Okay talk about a weather change... good grief... foggy and cool, well cold to me, here today... now its startin' to feel like the holiday season, that 80 degree weather was just not cutting it..... Have a wonderful day and a warm cup of tea...... Karen
  4. Yep, old houses have flaws... I live in one... Gracie May, (my house) was built in 1889, the walls are Lath and Plaster and a few still have the "cheese cloth" on.. I have taken most of that off... the walls are plaster with lots of coats of paint on.., but it seems to add to her charm... On my dollhouse... I started out not sanding, but have caught up and sanded all the walls, and repainted, the paint does look better at least in the Fairfield I am doing, maybe it is because I am using all white paint.. one coat paint should not take 3 coats to cover... :yikes: Have a wonderful day.. Karen
  5. 1. Peace (so families dont have to be separated) 2. Tolerance (we are all unique individuals) 3. All Kitties and Doggies (animals in general) to have warm loving homes, it kills me to see strays. Have a great evening Karen
  6. Happy Thanksgiving...... Dishes are done Kitchen is cleaned up Everything is in the Refrigerator..... Time for Mom to relax..... ahhhh.... Have a wonderful evening all Karen
  7. Ready to laugh...... forgot the pan to put the turkey in... yep, needed to buy one of those disposable roasting pans, I dont have a pan big enough to put a turkey in... Thought about using a cookie sheet, nixed that idea, the thought of turkey juice all over the inside of my oven was not pleasing... :yikes: at least I had the forsight to think of that before I put I did something like that B) Hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and family time.... Karen
  8. I live in Southern California.... I have a ski resort almost at my back door but we rarely get snow this far down the hill... I live at the base of the mountians, and the snow sure is pretty at the upper elevations, and it does get cold, for us anyway, in the 40's and 50's. Right now it is in the 80's here... haven't even gotten any jackets out yet, no rain yet either. Would love to see a "White Christmas" one year. Happy Thanksgiving Karen
  9. Breath Taking!!!!!! I am awe struck... beautiful work. Karen
  10. WOW! This is beautiful.... Thank you Dean and the Greenleaf staff for making this forum so pleasing. It is really putting me in the Holiday spirit... Have a great evening... Karen
  11. Wow!!! beautiful work.. Karen
  12. I opt for Gift Card also, at 11 they are right at that age of still liking toys, but dont want anyone to know, and wanting the stuff no one can afford without going into debt... yes I am the mother of a 19 year old son, been there done that.... Now it is the Gift Card thing because I dont even have a clue what he is "In to" and frankly I am not sure I want to know..... :welcome: Have a great day Karen
  13. :welcome: ;) :jumping: :queen: :wish: Boy is that the truth.... I needed that laugh, thank you so much what a great way to start the day, with a laugh, I should mention that I had a mouth full of coffee at the time :yay: Have a great day. Karen
  14. HI Ellen I am so sorry to hear you are having surgery.... you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you feel better soon. I am loosing about a pound a week... I have had 4 blood tests now in as many weeks.... it seems my thyroid is out of whack still, and I am having a bit of trouble with sugar levels in my blood (to high) I am on a sugar restricted diet at best, have been since I was 8 years old, I guess the diet is just not doing the job anymore, the old pancreas is giving out.... I have come to the conclusion that getting old is a royal pain, I am falling apart. Feel better soon my friend. Karen
  15. I live in Southern California... good grief, there was a riot at a Wal-Mart store over the darn things and to make matters worse people who were standing or camping out in line were getting robbed of their cash I dont get it, I guess I am just to old. The Best Buy here had 6 of the things in the store, "6" the line went clear around the building... the staff kept trying to tell people that they only had "6" and only the first "6" people would get them, but pleople just did not leave... Goodness. Something every year. Have a great day Karen