lil buttah

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by lil buttah

1. I saw a pic in the gallery by Color Me Holly. I think it had them together.
  2. From the album: My new projects as of 9-12-07

I made the stockings from ribbon and used glitter and mini holeless beads to decorate. I made the wreath from mini garland, ribbon, mini holeless beads and a plastic glitter christmas bow and mini candies.
  3. Ouch!!! I think I got queasy just reading about the heel cut, grrrr....I always force myself to remember to put the blades somewhere I won't get hurt. I've had to many incidents cutting myself, but never the feet, I hope you feel better!!
  4. lil buttah

DSC05571.JPG

I'm coming to dinner at your house *yum*
  5. Grrrrr..... now that I've read all your honest and wonderful comments I think I'll keep it. I would definately hate to hear another negative thing from her, and I would not want to be dissappointed in her reaction if she just blew it off. I think maybe I can find a way to store it for if my younger daughter ever marries, I know she loves my minis and will definately appreciate my efforts more then my grandmother!! I love her so much but sge says a lot of hurtful things sometimes, and as some of you pointed out it's because she cares, she just goes about it wrong. Thanks for all your advise. At least I know I have a place to go where people understand how hurtful a comment like that can be and can vent, thanks everyone.
  6. I think I might give it to her, maybe it will make her change her mind about my hobby. Thanks for the encouragement, now I'll be working even harder *smiles*
  7. Thanks for the foil tip. I have beeen trying to figure out how to stop my dolls hand from burning, grrrr....
  8. Grrrr..... I had been making a wedding shop out of my Buttercup. I was planning on giving to my grandmother for her 50th anniversary. Today she came into my work and saw me working on my miniatures. She gave me one of those looks and said she wished I would use my talent toward something more profitable. Grrrrrr..... now I feel stupid for even thinking of giving it to her. I don't know if I still should or think of another gift. My spirits are down a little now. Should I just stick with my plan ,or is it silly to give it as a gift ? (pout) I was really proud of the house!!!
  9. Wonderful job. I love this house, it's definately the next houose I plan to buy.
  10. I love the tree. The topper is cute. Oh, how I love fall themes.
  11. I am so sorry, my prayers are with you and your family.
  12. So very beautiful!!! Makes me wish it was Christmas!!!
  13. Oh I do hope shipping isn't bad. Gook Luck. I really like it , you should have a lot of fun with it!!
  14. Awww how sweeet!!! And just in time for sweetest day. I just love a happy (well besides the lightning and storms, hehe) ending. The dolls are great!!!
  15. You are totally justified and they should be more understanding. They should look at dinner out as a special treat.
  16. Yep, that sounds like my Belle. She will be holding onto the perfect dress, hehe.
  17. Grrrrrrrrr......I started building the Buttercup and already made a boo-boo!!! I should have painted it first, now I have to take extra pains to get the window seat painted. But I am really trying to do a good job. I painted the interior in vanilla and the window sills in suede, I am only using a few windows from the kit and am going to try to paint the rest with wedding themes, doves, rings, ect. I really think this was a good choice of shop to do, I can do a lil bit of everything. The dress shop is going to be on the second floor, my boyfriend said I needed stairs, I told him to use his imagination, (that there were stairs outside), he then asked me where the door was , grrrrrr.......men, lol. I love that he helps me though so I try not to get too frustrated with him.
  18. I painted the upstair window casings and they turned out ok, not quite professional looking but I like them, I'm to impatient to wait till I get new paint and brushes so I worked with what I had. I like it
  19. I found a name for my shop with help from everyone on the forum, especially Rosalind (Shy Spirit) and Gayle (bookmarm) whose names I combined. Thank you. My shops new name is "Wedding Belle's Bridal Boutique and Bakery" a big name for such a lil store but I think it will carry it well!!!!!!
  20. This is Belle, the owner of the shop. Her hands and feet are kinda big but I was having such a hard time with the clay, lol. I dressed her in gray felt and a skirt made of micro-suede. Here is another pic of my room with the doors on (no handles yet).
  21. I am starting to work on the tile for the cake side of the shop. I haven't decided if I'm going to grout it yet. LOL, I haven't even painted the outside of the shop yet and already I'm working on the inside. Oh well, it all makes since in my head. I hope to have pics of my finished tile up on monday along with my stucco ceiling. I will work on wood filling the outside next, and trying to decide what colors I want.
  22. I finally finished the tiles. I put tiles with gold entwined wedding rings surrounded by tiles with a glitter gloss coat. It isn't as even as I like but it looks better in person then on camera. I wll wait and see how it looks when finished with the carpet and such, if I decide I can't live with it I can always grout it and that will make it appear more even.
  23. They had a topic posted awhile back in this section titled " Oh,this is so much fun, aging shingles", she talked about a vinegar, steel wool mixture that when left over night makes a good aging agent for wood. In the search topic button on the bottom of this page type in (steel wool )and they should direct you to it.