papercrafting, decorating, gardening, cooking,and DOLLHOUSES

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    marti
  • Country
    United States
  1. Wow! Did you do all the bedding too? Amazing!
  2. The steampunk telescope is amazing! And the minions are just way to cute!
  3. Hi everyone! My mini work has been on hold while I wait on the electricity kit to arrive but I haven't been completely idle. I am working on the granny squares for the master bedroom afghan in my daughter's dollhouse (she decided on a beach theme for the room. I also have a craft room room box I am working on and went in search of fabric for upholstering - thought I had hit on some things but alas I have made the same mistake in my mini that I ALWAYS make in my real house - I chose paint color first and am having a hideous time matching it! I am going to do pink and green so I think I will ditch the idea of pink fabrics and just go green and cream....
  4. pezadoodle

craft room roombox

5. pezadoodle

Allison Jr

My first dollhouse build!
  6. Interesting read! I am still fairly new and only have one dollhouse which I am nearing completion on - waiting on my electricity kit to arrive. I also have one room box I am doing - a craft/scrapbook room. I do not have the money to hoard kits and hate to have undone projects though I have many since I do so many hobbies I have seen lots of kits mentioned here that I hadn't heard of so I am going to check them out. Of course there are lots of houses that call to me and I would love to have a dozen but I lack funds, space and time! That being said I do know what I want to make next. I am beginning plans for a house from scratch - I am going make a replica of a New Orleans French Quarter townhouse (I am from there and miss it.) It will be complete with outbuildings and a courtyard. Should keep me busy for quite some time! And as many of you stated I often feel like I will need to live to be 437 in order to do everything I want to do and have an interest in! The craziest part - I have several SAHM friends who complain constantly that they are bored and sit around all day with nothing to do! Can you imagine?????
  7. I do have a 14 but haven't tried it yet - not sure I can SEE it! Lolol!
  8. I am bound and determined to accomplish miniature crochet with sewing thread and it is driving me batty! I have been in total obsession with it for a week straight! I also just ordered the electricity kit for my first dollhouse so I think it will arrive about Wednesday or so and I will be attempting that - a little scared but hoping for success!
  9. pezadoodle

Mini afghan 1

I used size 80 tatting thread but am trying to manage sewing thread - there are so many more color choices and the scale is even better I think.
  10. pezadoodle

Mini afghan 3

This was done with size 80 tatting cotton and a size 10 hook. I am currently determined to accomplish crocheting with sewing thread and a size 12 hook and boy is it tough but I am making headway!
  11. I also used Aleene's Tacky Glue and painters tape on ym first one - worked wonderfully. I am actually surprised how strong it holds!
  12. Yes I loaded them to the Gallery!
  13. I plan on using scrapbook paper as I am a scrapbooker and have hoards of it! What glue/paste do people usually use?
  14. Seems toy companies are missing the boat here! Hahaha!
  15. I am building my first one too and I have struggled a bit with this. I wanted to do it the way Selkie described but in the end I was unable to plan that well ahead for the interior plus It all needs to be together to run the tape wire properly from what I understand SO I have mine all put together except the stairs and next I will run the wire and then I will do the finishing/decorating on the inside. Now on the outside I did do all the painting before glueing anything together, That is an excellent tip about the stain not taking where glue has been spilled though - I will remember that!