0 Neutral

About schmaff

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Kathryn
  • Country
    United States
  1. I am finally finishing my Beacon Hill and purchased a pre assembled and electrified turntable from RGT. I’m waiting for the turntable to ship. The turntable is smaller than my house and is meant for the house to be directly mounted on without seeing the turntable underneath. However I may want to have a board under the house larger than the house to add some landscaping. I’m not keen on the gap between the house and the display table that the turntable would create (probably look like the house is floating above ground. Just wondering if anyone has experience mounting a board to a pre assembled purchased turntable and if I can still wire it through the electrification system on the turntable.
  2. Awesome! Thanks for all the help and encouragement! I think the doors will actually work without any real problems. I just had to measure the opening for the doors carefully and cut a little wider on one side more than the other. I think I can do the shims as shown in the pictures -Yay!!!! I love how that turns out. Thank you again!
  3. Okay, so I am just getting started with the Beacon Hill and have gone through the first few steps (my first build as well) and I happen to have some 6 panel Houseworks doors (#6007). I preceded to cut the doorways on the first and second floors to fit the larger sized doors and suddenly thought, " I hope the staircase landing doesn't run in front of the door on the second floor or that the stair case on the first floor doesn't need the same space as the moldings around the door." I double checked and I think the first floor issue will be okay, but I am still worried about the second floor stair landing. I would hate to have a doll running across the hall to the bathroom and have to jump over the bottom stair just to get into the bathroom. Has anyone out there used Houseworks doors 3"x7" openings in a Beacon Hill dollhouse and have they had any problems with them? Just want to know if it will work or if I really screwed up. I do realize that they are made for a thicker wall and I will need to do something there. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. Pictures would be great as well! Thanks, Kathryn
  4. schmaff

My Beacon Hill

After 26 or so of collecting items and 13 years of building the house I am finally close to being finished!
  5. schmaff

Kathryn

6. schmaff

My Beacon Hill

My Beacon hill is nearly finished after 26 years of collecting and 13 years of building!