• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Peggy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,158 profile views
  1. The details really do make it all come alive! You've done a great job. Thanks for sharing! Keep on sharing, too!
  2. So here's my latest...a grand ball gown out of gold silk. More pics in my album. Next is a riding dress with a mid calf coat made out of embroidered gold silk with ribbon bow trim.
  3. That is really nice! I surely admire your talent! Thank you for sharing!
  4. What a gorgeous little house! They did a wonderful finishing job! The colors are so nice. Thank you for sharing!
  5. I've put some pictures in my album...not quite finished with this outfit but I thought I would share what I've got done so far. The fitted bodice doesn't show up very well in the pictures. The bodice has a little peplum that isn't showing up well either. I'm going to put tiny pearl "buttons" down the front and the back of the boddice. Her overdress is made of a heavy, striped silk in shades of olive green. The under dress is made of gray silk, trimmed in an intricate ecru lace with a deep gold, slightly metallic ribbon trim. The sleeves are wide and trimmed with the same lace as the underskit. She has a dark gold trim around the high neck of the bodice. The back of the dress is gathered up in the style of the period and a large, self-fabric bow holds up the gathered fabric. I'm going to crochet a lacy, ecru colored shawl for her to wear over her shoulders...she'll hold down the edge with her right hand. Her left hand will be holding onto the top of an umbrella trimmed in lace (like the ones in the Paradise doll pictures). She'll wear a jaunty little hat, made out of the same green silk of her dress, trimmed in tiny ecru roses, ribbons and lace. All ready for a stroll about town!
  6. peggyquade

My doll faces

My try at sculpting and painting!
  7. I've put a few more pictures in my gallery of the outfits I have done. One I call the ribbon dress and the other is the bodice to a gold gown I am working on. Also another sculpted face but, the camera sure doesn't do her face justice...not to sound vain or anything but she's much prettier in real life!
  8. Thank you! I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Super Flamemaker. Now that I have found it in the catalog...looks like you have to put the orange blub behind a stack of wood on a grate or something? I guess if you do that and then put a fireplace screen infront of the fireplace opening, the flickering light will be realistic enough...you don't have to see little orange pretend flames or anything?
  9. Absolutely stunning! You are a great inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your artwork!
  10. I need to attach the Pierce's front door and french doors and would like them to be working doors. I've seen the tiny brass hinges with the even tinier nails to use with the hinges but I'm just not that nimble fingered! Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this? I once tried instant glue with the hinges but it either didn't stick or glued the hinge solid and unmoveable. Help!
  11. I saw a new flickering firelight unit for sale somewhere and now I can't remember where! I don't see it in the HBS website. I remember it was about $25 and it had a little circuit board attached. Does anyone know where this can be found? Thanks!
  12. Beautiful job! I wish I could see a closeup of her!
  13. I have started two new galleries: one for my first costumed doll (more to follow soon) and my first three sculpted faces. Seeing these photographs, especially of the faces, I can see I have a lot of practice ahead of me! And I really need to get a finer paintbrush. But it's fun.
  14. Really, really nice! Where did you learn to do that?