• Real Name
    rbytsdy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

12,977 profile views
  1. Love that textured wall treatment!
  2. So cute-- love the colors.
  3. Thank you! I had alot of fun with this one.
  4. rbytsdy

Newberg is done!

Thank you! Duracraft is a bit of a pain with the corner posts (I like Greenleaf assemblies better) but I enjoyed this build after I got through those wretched posts!
  5. Hi folks, not much to the Shadybrook, just gluing the pieces together: Shadybrook assembly, from my blog I could try to find the instructions and send if that's helpful. Looking forward to seeing your cabins!
  6. Nice find! Hopefully it still has good bones. I have been eyeing the Cambridge but it's running too dear on eBay for me. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
  7. Thanks for the tip, Joel-- I'll look into those after I get through the Ngaio Marsh (Inspector Alleyn) series I'm reading on kindle. Before that was Josephine Tey (Inspector Grant) and Michael Innes (Inspector Appleby). Very sad that I ran out of Michael Innes books on kindle-- those were the best.
  8. Great question! Depends on the house and its intended recipient. Current house has definite whimsical bent, being for the Calico Critters mouse family. I think one of my favorite "quirky" builds was the Shadybrook cabin for the Calico Critters hedgehog family.
  9. After the quilts were done, I got into classic British murder mysteries-- I read all of the Inspector Appleby books (Michael Innes) that Kindle offers (very sad to run out ), then I read all the Inspector Grant (Josephine Tey), then I started in on Inspector Alleyn (Ngaio Marsh). Very absorbing, and a nice break from everything. Meanwhile I have picking here and there at the house: I discarded the turret because it didn't look good or fit well, and decided to go a different way that I think fits the rest of the house better. On Amazon, I found this plastic railing that I bought several of-- a full piece is lying on the right side of the photo, and it can be cut up easily to fit in a variety of places. Which is what I'm doing with it. I also found this "grass"-- I haven't cut it yet so we'll see how it does. First I have to figure out how much space needs to be taken up by shrubbery beds, so can't cut the grass to fit yet... I've been struggling with how to finish the porch. I will have to get on google and look at inspiration. Meanwhile I did decide that since I like porch lattices so much, this porch will have one.
  10. Love that aquamarine color! And I have that same "shell" embossed paper but never thought of using it for flooring-- very nice.
  11. Welcome, Erica! The Newberg is an interesting house-- I finished one last year. Looking forward to seeing your build! I think if Holly were here, she would point out that you have five posts now and can start a gallery.