• Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name rbytsdy
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

5678 profile views
  1. Half Scale Rosedale!

I'm glad if they're helpful-- I am just now realizing that it's been four years since I did that build! Wow-- time flies. I do vaguely recall that the second floor install did give me fits until I figured out something about the correct way to twist it out of plane, apparently...
  2. Half Scale Rosedale!

Here are my 1/2-scale Rosedale stairs: Looking forward to seeing your build!
  3. IMG_3005.JPG.jpeg

This is going to look so good in white.
  4. quilter

Welcome, Joan. Would love to see some of your quilting projects! I've been doing some English Paper Piecing lately, some in miniature:  
  5. Wood floors

Thanks, Joanne-- sorry about the small pics in the album; maybe these are better, from my blog post: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=entry&id=1865
  6. Wood floors

Yes, the Beacon Hill drawing room:  
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

The Willowcrest has some tight spaces in it-- notably, the first and second floor landings. This and this, respectively, are about the best views that you can get of them. I believe I'd spend that money on a Willowcrest kit and make it from the ground up.
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks, Holly-- it's slow going, that's for sure. Would help if certain furry people didn't make me have to replant things.
  9. Stained_Stairs.jpg

Beautiful-- love the stain and white combo.
  10. Greenleaf Willowcrest Third Floor Question

Looking through my Willowcrest build pics-- haven't done this, but looks like it wouldn't affect sturdiness. You'll have to patch holes in the 3rd floor and in the roof, though.
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Had in my mind to make Mother's Day cards this year-- took some hours all told this weekend (inbetween bathing the dogs, laundering the rugs, replanting the planter boxes and hardening their perimeters with chicken wire so hopefully I don't have to replant due to one of the dogs being a bit of a cheeky monkey who likes to dig up planters apparently , cooking, and I don't know what-all else), but here you go: I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I found the pattern via a google search for "epp quilt pattern".
  12. Laurel - back

Thank you! I had alot of fun with it, and definitely got out of my color comfort zone. Looking forward to seeing your Laurel build.
  13. 10 days later?

Love the fishscales! Very nice, with the color variations.
  14. Newbie Questions--Arthur Kit

Welcome, Marlyce. I think you're in the right crowd. I like to prime after I've removed the pieces and dry-fit them, so that I can avoid getting primer where glue needs to be. I like to use Kilz water-based (easier to sand) for large pieces, acrylic for smaller, and I do like to sand well after priming for a smooth finish. I prime where I'm going to wallpaper. I do like wood glue, colored or not, for main structural joints. I keep cloth scraps handy so I can wipe down excess glue after the joint is in place. I label larger pieces-- for many smaller pieces, I'll put them in a plastic container to keep them separate and maybe label one of them. I don't photograph everything-- just milestone steps or particular things I want to remember, or areas that will be hard to see when assembly is complete. I've taken to photographing my supply labels (scrapbook papers, paints, etc) for reference. Looking forward to seeing your build!
  15. Adhesive for egg carton bricks

One of my favorite egg carton brick demos.