• Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name rbytsdy
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

10464 profile views
  1. Newberg is done!

Well, I might add some sealer here and there, but it's ready to box up and put in the mail. (Aunt J, I need an address!) Sourcing: Inspiration: Robin Carey's "The Darling House" [Chantilly] , the color purple, and the desire to make a Newberg like nobody ever saw before "Duval" railing, "Barbados" and "CiCi" porch grills, "Cumbria" brackets, "Marissa" gables (3 lg, 1 sm): Heritage Laserworks Corbels and "Victorian picket roof ridge cap": Manchester Woodworks Papers, fabrics, "greenery": Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's How to do the windows, door, 1st floor ceiling moulding, furniture, banjo clock: Kris' tutorials Window treatments: my own
  2. My house basically taped together to begin with.

Is that lattice green on green? Love that.
  3. The "Lily" dollhouse!

490 kb. I saw a pic in the Gallery-- looks like a great start! Looking forward to seeing more pics of your build.
  4. Newberg kitchen closeup

From the album Duracraft Newberg

The cabinet is my own design, as are the window dressings.
  5. Newberg parlor closeup

I love the clock-- it's from Kris' banjo clock tutorial. The chairs and end table are also from her tutorials. The window treatments are my own design.
  6. Newberg front

The gable trim is "Marissa" from Heritage Laserworks. The exterior paint is Valspar Interior Satin "Moraine".
  7. Newberg front closeup

I made the windows and door using Kris' tutorials as a basis.
  8. New member - old follower

Welcome! I have built a few Duracrafts-- a couple SanFrans, and finishing up a Newberg. Looking forward to seeing your build!
  9. Hi, New dollhouse enthusiast.

Welcome, Susan, from another in the Land of Enchantment. Looking forward to seeing your build-- the Newport looks quite a house!
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Will have to try leeks. I didn't care for the sausage (pork sausage disagrees with me) so I picked that out of my bowl, but I liked the flavor result. I guess I like the presence of pork sausage, but not the actual stuff!
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Found a good potato, kale and sausage soup.
  12. Duracraft roof fit issues (Linfield)

I've had fitting fits with my Newberg, which looks to be almost the same as the Linfield. It's the corner posts-- too much slop in them, and if one doesn't take care from the bottom up, I've learned the hard way , huge gaps emerge at the top! (I filled in 2nd floor gaps with matboard additions... And roof gaps with trim...)
  13. bathroom knee wall plan

Great idea, and looks great! I keep meaning to use more knee walls and keep forgetting, but I sure am tired of those awkward corners...