• Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name rbytsdy
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

7112 profile views
  1. Another pink Tennyson

Where have I been? Quilting. Had a request from a family member to make another pink Tennyson; found this old Whitney Tennyson kit on eBay-- I guess it was back in April-- figured today was a good day to break er open and see what we have here. Got the big structural pieces sanded and together for a dry fit. Those 1st floor right front walls' top tabs will need a bit of sanding down so that the 2nd floor right front walls will sit nicely on them, but I have to say, I have definitely seen much worse bay gaps. Not bad. Ed is "helping" the primer dry. (And looking for something to chew.) Got some yardsticks to affix to the underside of the 1st floor to give some height, as I did with the last Tennyson. Hubby took my previous pot of pink paint (Valspar interior latex satin "Pristine Petal") to Lowe's and they did a tint match. Off to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get some papers-- and fresh paints because just about all of my acrylics have hardened up on me. Papering and window-works are next.
  2. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

Chicken pot pie. Fresh-cut spuds and mushrooms thrown in with the carrots and celery.
  3. New 2017 Hallmark Stove ornament

Thanks for the link! I have been getting my mother Hallmark ornaments for years-- the Fisherprice toys until they stopped a few years ago, but looks like they're resumed. Nice little piano this year too.
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Got the side strips stitched on (hand-stitching), did some ironing: Time to break out the batting! I showed a progress pic to some ladies at work, and now they're asking me every so often "how's the quilt going? Have you finished yet?"
  5. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

Found a great grilled cheese sandwich recipe-- not that one really needs a recipe to make grilled cheese sandwiches, but the punch line is slices of avocado and tomato. I used gourmet herb bread and added sauteed onion and Canadian bacon. Excellent!
  6. Orientation of flooring?

Somewhere/somehow I'd gotten the notion that the planks should run perpendicular to the room's main entrance-- or perhaps this is particular to a certain style? (I don't always do that, just got the idea somewhere... )
  7. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

I cook on the weekends (Progresso soup and Lean Cuisine during the week) and like to try new recipes, so interested in this topic also! Tried out a recipe for cream cheese coffee cake this past weekend-- it turned out really good.
  8. Suitcases

Neat! Reminded me of Amber's tutorial-- keep meaning to try a suitcase sometime.
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

A milestone of sorts: I think I'm done with the paper-piecing. Needs some width so thinking of piecing assorted pattern/length strips along the edges. Then it'll be time to pick out all those papers! (And do some mending, as some of the seams have come loose from handling...) Edit: the rosettes on the lower left and right are ones that I added (they aren't in the original pattern) because I didn't think I had enough filler material to make up those spots. I have just a scrap of that beige filler remaining as it is!
  10. Half Scale Raggedy Ann and Andy House

It's wonderful-- love the Raggedies!
  11. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

No crown moulding. For some reason, I always look for the crown moulding. Pretty house, though.
  12. My Belated Birthday Gift From My Sister

Wow! What a wonderful piece.
  13. BeaconHill-kitchen-floor.jpg

Beautiful-- love that beadboard. Was it a pre-made piece or did you lay individual boards?
  14. Help a mama out! (Newbie build on the cheap)

I've been using battery-pack light deals like this for my recent houses-- takes some wire-routing, but I am pleased with the effect (example here, for the San Fran). Designed and built my own staircase for the Country Cottage-- basswood/cardboard/foamboard, with square dowel reinforcements, if I recall. Used kit scraps also to bash the country house (bashed Laurel kit) staircase into shape too. Other things I've been doing lately to keep costs down is using alot of matboard for mouldings and trim, like in this Laurel build. I also get scrapbook paper (or print out wallpaper designs) instead of buying proper dollhouse wallpaper. Some things I just have to splurge on (though I do look for those sales), like staircase posts and door hardware. And siding. Welcome, and looking forward to seeing your build!
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Took some time this weekend to make another one of my upholstered chairs, this time in green, for a dear relative who is dying of cancer-- weeks, maybe months... Didn't get around to photographing it before putting it in the mail, not sure why not...