rbytsdy

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by rbytsdy

1. Got this house for a new niece-- it is not much to look at: I got it because it has similar basic structure to this house, which is actually a place of business in California; I found it while googling "victorian houses" or some such: Isn't it a beaut! Anyway, here what the Artply house looks like in rough dry-fit: Not much to it: So I got to whacking and hacking. Took the 2nd floor down by an inch, widened the front door, added matboard and scrap wood to extend walls and floors. That front wall roof pitch will get reduced, and will have to figure out what the rest of the roof looks like; will extend the base by a couple-few inches, and may extend the porch a bit. Need to get the windows measured and cut out. Need to start looking for colors and papers, and get my siding and shingles ordered-- looks like small fish-scale shingles on that front gable. I like the greens in the original house, so I think I'll do a green palette.
  2. Well, I might add some sealer here and there, but it's ready to box up and put in the mail. (Aunt J, I need an address!) Sourcing: Inspiration: Robin Carey's "The Darling House" [Chantilly] , the color purple, and the desire to make a Newberg like nobody ever saw before "Duval" railing, "Barbados" and "CiCi" porch grills, "Cumbria" brackets, "Marissa" gables (3 lg, 1 sm): Heritage Laserworks Corbels and "Victorian picket roof ridge cap": Manchester Woodworks Papers, fabrics, "greenery": Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's How to do the windows, door, 1st floor ceiling moulding, furniture, banjo clock: Kris' tutorials Window treatments: my own
  3. Is that lattice green on green? Love that.
  4. 490 kb. I saw a pic in the Gallery-- looks like a great start! Looking forward to seeing more pics of your build.
  5. rbytsdy

Duracraft Newberg

This is a build for one of my cousins, whose little daughter likes purple, so it definitely has a purple theme. My inspiration was Robin Carey's Darling House, which is actually a Chantilly; I bashed the Newberg's front porch in order to be able to use some lovely trim pieces from Heritage Laserworks. Used alot of matboard here for trim including windows and door (thanks, Kris' tutorials!); needs a bit of sealing here and there and it's ready to ship. Thanks for looking!
  6. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

The cabinet is my own design, as are the window dressings.
  7. rbytsdy

Newberg attic

From the album: Duracraft Newberg

The flooring is a flocked paper from Hobby Lobby. I made the peaked trims to fit from matboard.
  8. rbytsdy

Newberg bedroom

The flooring is from a fabric sample. The bed and side table are from Kris' tuts. The window treatments are my own design.
  9. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

Found the bathroom set cheap on amazon. The battery box is in here-- the tiffany lamp shades are from Dejoux miniatures.
  10. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

I love the clock-- it's from Kris' banjo clock tutorial. The chairs and end table are also from her tutorials. The window treatments are my own design.
  11. rbytsdy

Newberg parlor

I made the piano some years ago from a tutorial on Dada's dollhouse. The floor is basswood strips.
  12. rbytsdy

Newberg kitchen

The little sink and the parson's chairs are from Kris' tutorials.
  13. rbytsdy

Newberg front

The gable trim is "Marissa" from Heritage Laserworks. The exterior paint is Valspar Interior Satin "Moraine".
  14. rbytsdy

Newberg right

The base is covered with textured paper from Hobby Lobby-- painted and sealed.
  15. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

I made the windows and door using Kris' tutorials as a basis.
  16. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

The grill is "CiCi" from Heritage Laserworks. The brackets are "Cumbria".
  17. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

I made the flower boxes from matboard with sticker accents.
  18. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

The fence is "Duval" from Heritage Laserworks. The kit's porch steps were too wide for the porch entrance I'd ended up with, so had to cut them down a bit.
  19. rbytsdy

Newberg left

The lattice is made from matboard. I used alot of Krylon "chalky finish" spray paint-- works great.
  20. From the album: Duracraft Newberg

The plants are from Hobby Lobby.
  21. Welcome! I have built a few Duracrafts-- a couple SanFrans, and finishing up a Newberg. Looking forward to seeing your build!
  22. Welcome, Susan, from another in the Land of Enchantment. Looking forward to seeing your build-- the Newport looks quite a house!
  23. Will have to try leeks. I didn't care for the sausage (pork sausage disagrees with me) so I picked that out of my bowl, but I liked the flavor result. I guess I like the presence of pork sausage, but not the actual stuff!