• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jenn
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

7106 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Her dolls are so much fun and so well done. Another Cariola
  2. House Beautiful Dollhouse Challenge

Yeah get the feeling it is non-miniaturists testing their chops in mini...the chandelier being a great example of a non-mini maker doing something. Just because someone is a great/admired artist in 1:1 world doesn't mean they can recreate their work in 1:12. But nice idea! 
  3. Please help Identify this house

sure looks like it! Yay!
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Ghost couple dolls for the haunted dollhouse - I think they are so charming. I'd love to have them just sitting in the attic, or livingroom.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Ghost-Couple-set-Haunted-dollhouse-Miniature-1-12-scale-Pat-Benedict-OOAK-/193296283881  
  5. cookBooks.JPG

From the album Odds and Ends

Printable from etsy. I love the better homes cookbook, and I remember a lot of these from my family's collection of cook books handed down.
  6. Please help Identify this house

So the porch trim - did that come with the house? it is definitely walmer porch trim. I'm not used to seeing a Walmer with the door off to the left like that tho.  If the trim is original to the kit then Walmer. If not - and the kit is something else - then I'd consider Earth and Tree too.  
  7. triang theatre

40pounds for a childhood dream. Seems like a bargain. I love the idea of the curtain going to the side. Or center opening...fun!!! Good luck!
  8. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

You should offer $50 now and see what they say - if they say no, then it is decided - no more handwringing! lol!   OH! one time I offered $65 for a $120 house (bargain no matter what but I didn't have room for it, so I told myself if I got it for $65 I'd make room for it) - well, seller never replied. I figured that was a no. But then 2 weeks later it appeared listed again - for $50!!!! I guess he never saw my email because I bought it for $50. Free delivery too. Bam! So you never know - good luck!
  9. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

PS: I really like these book kits (the one above) - with a straight edge and sharp cutter, they come out to my satisfaction: https://www.etsy.com/listing/126430714/dark-brown-photo-album-dollhouse-scale?ref=yr_purchases They are really quick to put together.
  10. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I wanted to put in a smaller pic, but I cannot figure out how to get it to work - when I try Greenleaf gives me a loading error...so not there's a pic that's HUUuuUUUUGE. Not easy to see how lovely it looks in 1:12, but there ya go.
  11. 5e19db90b34a7-IMG-04131.jpg

Thanks - it was an etsy download and it was very easy to make: https://www.etsy.com/listing/126430714/dark-brown-photo-album-dollhouse-scale
  12. triang theatre

40 pounds for all that? I saw why not. I like the scenery and the scripts...you could build your own new structure or try refurbishing the old one. I do like the idea of a tiny stage like that...with curtain that goes up...sorta magical and different. I'd be tempted to make some new scenery too - just for fun. I vote yes. And the height seems very normal - I was actuallly expecting it to be larger since theatres are often tall with lights high above.
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Here's a book I put together from a printable kit  by Jean Day - really cute and easy. I love it when you can open a book and see pictures!
  14. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I think the answer is more complicated. I have had to really practice to get my handmade books to look right. I wasn't sure what paper to use because my binding often creases a little too much, I have to very carefully cut out the covers and pages with rulers and razor blades to get a properly sized page/cover, I have to use a laser printer because my inkjet is nice but not as detailed as the laser jet...So sometimes I really prefer the book i bought off Etsy for $5-$7 - it seems so perfect, and instant, and better than I could make. I also have purchased printablebook kits, but still struggle with the quality paper and printing part. I find I AM getting better the more I try to make books, tho.  On the other hand, I have purchased some books that were definitely not as good as I could have made. So it's variable. But recently I got a book for my mini haunted attic - it has a faux leather cover with a scaly texture and an eyelid with glass eye on the cover! It is so much better than I could ever have done - in fact I would never have thought to create such a fun thing - so it all depends really doesn't?