• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jenn
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3591 profile views
  1. 1:48 scale dollhouse - which do you recommend

Jane is a total icon/mini-celebrity, no? I love her kits! They have such a distinctive elegant style. So much to look at in 1:48!!!!!!!
  2. IMG-3939.JPG

From the album Smaller Scales ( 1:48)

This is a 1:48 scale Cottage from a kit by Sue Herber. I love her kits.
  3. cottage1.JPG

4. cottage-interior.JPG

5. cottage_door.png

1:48 Scale "Miss Marple's Cottage" from Sue Herber kit. I love the door (from the grandtline architecture components). Paper brick and stone, but I think it works at this scale. I l love that Sue includes everything in her kits so you can make them look just like her prototypes.
  6. 1:48 scale dollhouse - which do you recommend

Yes! I bought some gorgeous little kits from other makers and various bits would break off while I was building it. I guess the sturdiness of the PetiteProperties kits had spoiled me. So now I use great care with the fiddly furniture if I end up making any. Petite Properties kits take acrylic paint nicely if it isn't overloaded or watered down. I wipe my brush and almost dry-brush it on. And I have found the Pitt Artists pens fantastic for wood effects. There were a few chairs where I put too much acrylic on it and a leg of the chair began to expand. I guess I really watered it down...oops! Less is best in 1:48 lesson learned.
  7. Does anyone know this house

Great deal for $20!!!!
  8. Kitchen Stairs with Carpet

That carpet looks fantastic.
  9. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

The sock is part of the pull cord --the dryer interior lights up and spins. For $10 it is awesome.
  10. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I think a print out of control panels onto your own foamcore or mat board structure would be awesome. And with some good shiny paint. I understand the fun feeling have little metal washer with working doors and all those details...it is fun.  Oh! I also really love this hallmark ornament for a more vintage look - the door doesn't open, but it SPINS! I have one in a house. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hallmark-2016-Santas-Dandy-Dryer-Magic-Ornament/252429279096
  11. 1:48 scale dollhouse - which do you recommend

That is such a gorgeous and tiny house.
  12. 1:48 scale dollhouse - which do you recommend

Postage to US from Petite Properties is quite fair and it arrived quickly for me.
  13. 1:48 scale dollhouse - which do you recommend

I have several Petite Properties kits and they are great, but...their ceiling heights are routinely very short for me --this is, I am sure, realistic for the cottages they make --but their beautiful chateau dollhouse has short ceilings for what I think should be a grander interior. 
  14. Cobweb Cottage

I really like PetiteProperties stuff...it is very affordable and well designed. At those prices, I don't feel so nervous about experimenting and customizing. They design the kits with little notches and slots so they are almost foolproof.  
  15. Regarding the Greenleaf villages

Those are HO Scale (1:87)! I wish they were O scale (1:48)!