CJEP

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

5 Neutral

About CJEP

Profile Information

• Interests
    Crafts, crafts and more crafts...doll houses (of course), quilting, knitting, needlepoint, scrapbooking, rubber stamping, creating cards, photo collages, etc. on computer.<br /><br />I also love to read, watch movies, hang with my husband, cat and friends. I love to cook as well.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Carrie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,707 profile views
  1. Hi All, I know I haven't been around in a long time, but I just came across this post on Emily Henderson's blog and knew it would interest some of you. She is hosting a challenge for decorating a dollhouse. I wish I had the time to do it but I'm still working on my real life miniature and doing things her speed right now. And a 2.5 year old speed is not quite ready for decorating a dollhouse (at least not to show someone). When I let her play with them now all the furniture ends up broken or in one room. It isn't pretty. Anyway, here is the link, http://www.stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/imagiantblog-challenge.html Hope some of you join and have fun. Carrie
  2. Great news, Heidi! I'm happy he is doing better.
  3. You can also go to an office supply store and buy overhead projector sheets. Some go through the printer if you want to print anything on them.
  4. Another thing we are hoping to get my daughter for Christmas is an art easel. She is just starting to like to do painting, coloring and such and I want a space where she can stand and paint. I think my parents are going to get her one for Christmas since they had bought my nephew one around this age as well.
  5. What a great find! I love the Pierce. It would be amazing to bash them together. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
  6. My 21-month-old loves her kitchen set (but they are expensive we got lucky and took it from a neighbor who had it out for recycling). She also loves her table and chairs and shopping cart. She loves to push anything around--shopping cart, doll stroller, cars, etc. The other thing I found very helpful was the Sesame Street doctor kit. We have been practicing going to the doctor and she isn't as bad when I bring her during the examination. She also loves the FP Little People. We got her the house and someone gave her the school bus last Christmas. She likes to pile all the people in and play the music on it. As for toys that say 3+, I buy some, but my daughter is past putting most things in her mouth, so I'm not as worried about choking anymore. That is the only thing to really consider on them. Good luck!
  7. CJEP

checking in

Thanks, everyone!
  8. CJEP

checking in

Hi All! I'm just checking back in and found 58 pages of new posts. Needless to say I don't have time to read them all, but am happy to report I snuck some time in the other day to work on my Brookwood. I have decided on giving it a completely different exterior than I originally planned, but am happy with it. In the mean time, I work on my real life mini and have included a picture. She will be 21 months tomorrow and is already very interested in my dollhouses and minis. Well that is all for now, but I will try to check back in more often and hopefully finish up my Brookwood.
  9. CJEP

checking in

Thanks, everyone!
  10. The one in Framingham definitely is. I went to it many years ago, but was sad to see it closed a while back.
  11. There is also one in Danvers, MA. I believe it is called Den of Antiquity. It is small but very crowded with lots of choices.
  12. CJEP

checking in

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on here in so long, but thought I would check in. I know I see a bunch of you on facebook as well. I haven't been able to work on my dollhouses since Hazel's birth, but she is doing well. She turned 15 months last week. I'm including a picture. Hope all is well with everyone! Carrie
  13. Congratulations, Jen!! It is beautiful!
  14. You did a wonderful job! Now I'm ready for my trip to the Cape next week. Thanks for sharing!!
  15. Oh, Peachie, I hope you have a very speedy recovery and that you are all fixed now!! I'll keep you in my prayers. Can't wait to see your Laurel. Enjoy!!