anpak

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About anpak

Profile Information

• Interests
    Making things with my daughter, reading, gardening, animals, outdoor adventures,

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Abby
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

753 profile views
  1. We decided not to put stairs in our Orchid to allow for more room in the house.
  2. anpak

100 4165

Love the bedroom! Sweet and cozy!
  3. Thanks - you really helped me out with the difficult parts!
  4. Thanks everyone! My daughter is now going full gear into the interior. Good thing she got some money for Christmas, she has discovered all the fun things you can find on Etsy! She is very artistic and has a wonderful sense of color. I am very proud of the work she has done on the house. I have actually been thinking about building another one as a fundraiser for a silent auction...but I need to wait until summer to start a new project. Also, there is still a yard to be created for this one!
  5. We finished our first dollhouse - the Orchid! We (my 11 year old daughter and I) started in July and finished today (day after Christmas). It was really fun! Thanks to everyone who provided advice along the way - we couldn't have done it without you. And thanks to my sister, Chris, for introducing us the to the joy of making doll houses and giving us the Orchid kit. To see photos, look at my gallery (Alaska Orchid). :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
  6. anpak

Hannah and Alaska Orchid

Thanks! My daughter picked out the color scheme!
  7. anpak

Alaska Orchid

8. Thanks Kathie! Of course that would have been easier before it was all glued together, but that will be a technique to remember if there is a next dollhouse. Just to clarify - do people glue the shingles onto the templates and then glue the templates onto the rood sections? Or do they just use the templates as patterns for cutting the shingles? Abby
  9. OK, all you been-there-done-that folks! We are getting close to getting to the shingling of the Orchid. Scary. Any tips/tutorials out there? So many angles, etc. with the gable roofs. Thanks in advance! Abby
  10. Thanks for the suggestions! I did not use hot glue so I can't take it apart again. However, I hadn't thought about putting the whole house onto a board to stabilize it - I do think that is a great idea. I can then put the floor joist underneath the first floor to keep it from sagging more. Too bad about your first Orchid, Amy!
  11. Ok, we have the main parts of the Orchid glued together - BUT both floors sag in the middle. The top floor sags even with the bottom partition in, and the bottom floor also sags. We have not even put in the wood floors/tiling we plan to add. Any suggestions? Have other people had this problem?
  12. It's good to hear I am not the only person who has this problem! Sand paper is my friend!
  13. Do you have any close up photos of your chamois strip system? Is it too late for me to do something like that if I already glued the two halves of the door together?
  14. anpak

Fairfield landscaping

Mmm, it must smell wonderful too!
  15. anpak

Fairfield landscaping

LOVE the tree and the landscaping!