• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    jeannette
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

637 profile views
  1. absolutely wonderful!!!! my old dial up is very slow, but it was worth the wait..
  2. a really great job..I love it!! the shells look nice as does all of the decor..I too like the kings chair.. I saw some sea items at the dollar store..a bag of fish etc..like the toy soldiers come in...I was tempted to buy them for you but was not sure if you would like them..
  3. I agree..blake or lakisha going home.. Lakishas' attitude is awful.. Jordin looks like an idol..has an amazing voice..only 17 Melinda has the best voice but in my opinion does not look like an idol.. there will be a close run between the 2 for sure..
  4. I do not know how you ever came up with a water heater out of that..truly amazing.. I look and look at stuff and my mind draws a blank!!
  5. I love that house!! and I love the stairs too..it gives it a special look..imo..
  6. I just joined too..there is a whole other world over there!!!
  7. Thanks for all of the ideas.. I like the idea of putting them together..arthur porch on orchid is what I am going to seriously look at.. if I hadn't stoned the orchid I would be tempted to try them together to make very deep rooms..but I have not done the arthur yet so just for fun I am going to see if there is a way to attach them..just leave the front wall off of the arthur .. if not L shape is another option. thanks..hmmm, maybe this is why I never finished my orchid..there was more to come that I didn't know about??? something just popped in my head..turn the arthur around attach the back of the arthur to the back of the orchid and attach the front wall of the arthur on hinges so the whole house will open and close and then the dusting will not be such a problem..and the rooms will be very large..
  8. I have been working on my orchid for...lets see now..6 months.. but that is only because of the dreadful disease..on the way to work on the orchid, I saw my tv screen was dirty so went to kitchen to get..on and on ..and never got to the orchid..
  9. ok ..where is the mermaid house?? I need pics!! is this one of the signs of that dreadful disease we have..on the way to dust the orchid I saw this arthur that needed to be fixed... you have so many great ideas!! I agree with stucco in the kitchen area....maybe w/bricks showing through in places.. large kitchen on first floor..w/large kitchen you can fill it up with all kinds of goodies that will attract the children..candy..cakes...cookies... I like the potion idea..small jars w/labels of innards for the pot..plants..large black iron pot is a must love the cage idea too
  10. ok..thank you..but...I am still pondering..hmmm only I can make the final decision..I guess.. I have read the blogs on the arthur and I have built (almost) an orchid.. so..off I go to work on the orchid.. have a nice Sunday......
  11. Deanna..thank you for going to all that trouble.. and thanks too all you guys for your post.. which one do you like better.. which house is true to 1"??
  12. I found my Arthur dollhouse I had bought at an estate sale years ago..totally forgot about it..nice surprise for me!! it was made in 1985..and was packed away at my daughters house. most of the pieces look like they are there, and someone did start it..no shingles but by a quick scan it looks like the other pieces are complete.. I built (almost completed) my orchid..my first house..and the 1" scale furniture (most) is too big for it in my opinion.. and I do not really like the space wasted on the big gable area..although I will make it a bed area.. my question is, is the Arthurs scale the same as the orchid or will it take the 1" scale furniture better than the orchid? are the rooms bigger..by the pic they appear to more roomy.. thanks
  13. you did a great job on the stonework..I too did my orchid w/stones and I really like it.. love the change in the window..looks so much better in the front.. when I finish mine I will post pics..great idea..
  14. I am having one on the 19-20 of may..I have so much junk.. but not my mini stuff..I will never part with that!!
  15. I love your floors.. how did you do them? the rest of the house is great..