Rocio

Gold Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About Rocio

Profile Information

• Interests
    Shabby chic furniture, and decor, computers, classic novels, and miniatures.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Rozy
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

495 profile views
  1. Thank you! I'm going to have to look and see if I find white cartridges. I may have to settle for a lead color then. Too bad! Thanks again, if I find a white cartridge I'll let you know.
  2. Hi, I have a quick question. I purchased some transparencies to make some windows for my Willowcrest, however, they will not print out in white. Do I need to buy a separate white ink cartridge? Doesn't the regular ink cartridge include white? Sorry if it's a silly question, but they are not printing out as planned. I have an HP laserjet printer by the way, and the same company brand transparencies for the type of printer. I completely misspelled the title huh? lol
  3. Hi, well I've been looking at stain glass pattrens, and found a good site with beveled prints of windows. However, in order for them to be functional we need to do a lot of photoshop on them. I'm not that experienced at photoshoping unfortunately. As of now, I am thinking of settling for a very simple design, since the more intricate beveled ones are a bit out of my reach. Here's a site you might want to take a look at. Glass By Design Free Glass Pattrens Beveled Window Stained Glass Pattrens The ones I liked most were from the last link, I did a sample on a transparency, the lines came out nice, but maybe if I switched them to a lead color, and did some shading they could work.
  4. Hi, thanks for the good ideas. I bought some transparencies, and I think they will do. They seem strong enough. I just have to come up with some designs for them.
  5. Hi, I'm starting on my Willowcrest windows, but I do not have the acrylic sheets for the window screens. I've been looking on ebay and some styrene sheets are being offered as dollhouse windows. However, I remember the windows being made out of acrylic sheets. Hmm, anyone more knowledgeable on what would be my best bet? I figure I can always go back and make little lines or designs on them to give them more character. Here's the link to the styrene sheets on ebay. Is their thickness ok?
  6. Thank you so much. I'd really appreciate it. I promise to pass on the good gesture, if you ever need anything that I can send your way.
  7. Hi, I had to drop in and say hi to everyone. I'm getting a lot of work done with my Willowcrest, but have hit a bit of a bump. I can't seem to find the second sheet of instructions. I'm almost done wallpapering, and need the second sheet to complete the job. Any chance anyone can scan them in for me? Please? I'd try to figure it out, but the mansard roof is a bit too complicated. I can't remember what goes where, from the dry build. I'd appreciate some help, even if it's just for the mansard roof part. Thank you. *Just smiled to myself*, light bulb moment..., I can always look at the galleries to figure out what goes where, if no one has them.
  8. I had to smile when I read your post. Hello my fellow clumsy person LOL. Ugh, clumsiness is something I am very familiar with. Ever since I started dollhousing I've noticed it more. I've had the point of a pair of scissors stuck in my thigh, (yeah open scissors, and I sat on them), xacto knife cuts in most of my fingers, last cut was really bloody on my pinky (thankfully no stitches), hmm, and of course breaking mini lights, and things. I have learned to be more careful though, I now make sure I know where my scissors are, and I try to go slower with the xacto knife. Hmm I got a Dremel last week, I wonder...NO, I hope not! LOL. (Now that would be a serious injury).
  9. I've used a couple. The Krylon Make It Last clear sealer, and the Folkart Clearcote Arcylic Sealer by Plaid in a matte finish. I'm sure there are better ones, I read of a sealer for pictures, made from Krylon, but you can't really find that one everywhere. I think I like the Folkart Sealer best though.
  10. Yes, try YES paste if all else fails. I tried using MP before, and got so frustrated. Dried way to fast for my newbie slowness. Then I tried Grandmother Stover's and that was awesome. It doesn't dry so fast, so you can actually reposition the wallpaper 'a litte' if you make a mistake. I've had no bubbles as of yet. I ran out of Grandmother Stovers, and since my hobby shop didn't have it in stock, I bought the YES paste. It works just as well, although a little less thick than GS. I am curious to try real wallpaper glue though. Maybe next project I will. Oh, and little observation; I printed out my wallpaper, and I did find that if I don't seal it before gluing it to my templates, it won't go on as smoothly.
  11. That's great, I want that Sue Heaser book as well. I just recently bought her other book, about making 1:12 Dollhouse dolls with Polymer clay.
  12. <<<This one. Sorry, my link in the first post seems to be disabled, and I can't edit my post for some reason.
  13. Hi, hope everyones doing good. Well, I'm finally getting into wallpapering. A little too much maybe, since I'm already running out of glue. I'm using Grandmother Stover's glue, and I really, really, love this glue! I had been trying to wallpaper with Mod Podge, and was getting so frustrated, when I had this glue sitting there the whole time! Now my problem is, I can't find this glue anywhere but in hobby stores, and it is a little pricey for its small size. Is the YES glue I read mentioned as a similar glue, really the same thing? If it isn't I'll just order the GMG, I don't want to jinx my wallpapering mood LOL. Thanks!
  14. US based online sites have it too. You can find it at Earth and Tree Miniatures, ebay, and I think Miniatures.com too. It's the same thing no? Or maybe just similar.OakRidgeHobbiess.com Ok, the product these sites offer is called magic brick. So not the same brand.
  15. Hi! I'm currently working on my Willowcrest, and here's the staircase. I finished it up a few weeks ago, as I prepared for my Willowcrest build. I'm kind of proud of it to be truthful hehe . Especially since I economized. I'm trying to do that, since I went a little crazy with my Fairfield; which I haven't even finished yet! So here's a pic of it finished, and another of the materials I used.