• The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 19 results

1. From the album: Minikin Township

Have to have a little hobo cabin tucked into the side of the mountain.

© checkmouse miniatures

2. From the album: Minikin Township

Coming in on the home stretch. I'm using more products from Woodland Scenics. The lake is made with Realistic Water and Water Effects. Much easier to work with than melting the E-Z water.

© checkmouse miniatures

3. From the album: Minikin Township

Here it is in place. More flowers and trees will be added later.

© Checkmouse Miniatures

4. From the album: Minikin Township

Getting the base ready.

© checkmouse miniatures

5. From the album: Minikin Township

Actually needed 2 screws to keep the Mountain steady,

© checkmouse miniatures

6. From the album: Minikin Township

A park will be beside the Garfield mansion. For this I used Shaper Sheet from Woodland Scenics. The "mountain" is a piece of driftwood I picked up on the Washington coast several years ago. It looks like layers of rock. The screw will hold it in place.

© checkmouse miniatures

7. From the album: Minikin Township

The Garfield is already glued to a 1/4" base, so I built up the surrounding area to make a sloping hillside. I don't want the house permanently glued in, so the Paperclay is shaped to fit the oval base of the house, which can be lifted out if need be.

© checkmouse miniatures

8. From the album: Micro Georgian Townhouse

Wonder of wonders! The lights work!

© checkmouse

9. From the album: Micro Georgian Townhouse

Got the lights connected and they work! Whew!

© Checkmouse

10. From the album: Micro Georgian Townhouse

There are 22 of these little sheets of pieces! Actually, I only have 21 - one is missing and I sent an email to the company. They will mail it to me.

© CheckMouse

11. From the album: Micro Georgian Townhouse

After doing some research on these houses, I decided I wanted a larger room for the Entertainment Room - not to be confused with the Drawing Room or the Parlor. It was usually on the second floor. So by removing one wall, I can make a room big enough for a party. And I found some wonderful train-people to be at that party! Pictures of them are in my Greenleaf blog

© CheckMouse

12. From the album: Micro Georgian Townhouse

These are all laser cut so they are attached by only a tiny connecting piece of wood. I separated all the components and put them each in a small baggie, carefully labeled. I can't believe how many pieces are in this tiny house!

© CheckMouse

13. June 5, 2013 I got an email response from the makers of my little kit, and yes, the piece was supposed to be in the box! She will be mailing it to me ASAP. This kit is made in England and I thought I was fluent in "British" but I'm finding some words I don't know. One of them is "sticky ply" - found out that it is a sheet with an adhesive back to it. Had to look up the word "chamfer" - the instruction sheet said to "chamfer the vertical edges". Okay - I'll get right on that! It means to cut a groove into, or bevel an edge. Maybe all the gurus here already knew that word but I didn't. I didn't like their color choices for the house (in the instruction sheet), using colors I don't really like (yellow or pink), so I got back online to research some more real Georgian Townhouses. Was there something about them that required those colors? Fortunately I found many different styles and colors, so I'm going with one of my own favorites - burnt sienna. June 8, 2013 Just spent almost 3 hours this evening popping out all the pieces and putting each sheet, carefully labeled, into individual baggies. I can't believe how many pieces are in this tiny house! There were 22 squares/sheets of pieces, and I've separated all but the missing sheet. One of the door frames split when it came out of the sheeting, but he mentions that there are extra doors and windows in the kit. Hope this is one of them! I put all the slivers in the baggie in case I have to reconstruct it.
  14. Started the actual construction, finally. This was a very peaceful mini-day. Got the base painted, top and bottom, just to keep it from warping. Put together the front and back steps and the walls that they connect to. After the paint is completely dry I will put them together. I am very impressed with the precision of this kit - everything is lined up perfectly! As long as I don't mess it up by letting it slip while gluing it should be great! I used "Krylon - Make It Stone! Textured spray paint." Hope I don't regret it - I like the look of a cement or stone foundation and steps to the house. I just hope it isn't too coarse for this scale. I don't know why the steps are different - the squared ones go in the front of the house; the rounded, fuller steps go in the back. I would have thought it was the other way around, but I Googled images of the Georgian Townhouses and they all seem to have the simpler steps in the front. I tackled the stairways next - I started working on the back wall, but I was starting to get tired - don't want to make a mistake. So I put it away. I have decided I want to add lights to this - so must get online and order 9 teeny lights for it. Which means I have to put in wallpaper, to hide the wires. The kit suggests just painting the interior walls, but I want lights, so that won't work.
  15. Started the actual construction, finally. This was a very peaceful mini-day. Got the base painted, top and bottom, just to keep it from warping. Put together the front and back steps and the walls that they connect to. After the paint is completely dry I will put them together. I am very impressed with the precision of this kit - everything is lined up perfectly! As long as I don't mess it up by letting it slip while gluing it should be great! I used "Krylon - Make It Stone! Textured spray paint." Hope I don't regret it - I like the look of a cement or stone foundation and steps to the house. I just hope it isn't too coarse for this scale. I don't know why the steps are different - the squared ones go in the front of the house; the rounded, fuller steps go in the back. I would have thought it was the other way around, but I Googled images of the Georgian Townhouses and they all seem to have the simpler steps in the front. I tackled the stairways next - I started working on the back wall, but I was starting to get tired - don't want to make a mistake. So I put it away. I have decided I want to add lights to this - so must get online and order 9 teeny lights for it. Which means I have to put in wallpaper, to hide the wires. The kit suggests just painting the interior walls, but I want lights, so that won't work.
  16. I got all the pieces laid out on the table last night, and began checking them off the master list. I am impressed with the instructions included with the kit! I've built other micro kits that have one small page of instructions, no pictures, and - for me - not enough details. Can't say that about this one! There are FIVE page of instructions, printed in 10-pt type on 8.5" X 12" paper; and five more pages with pictures of the part-sheets, and then colored pictures and diagrams of how to build the more intricate parts, like the stairways. WOW! So I'm checking off the little square pieces one by one, on the first page of the instruction sheet. There are 22 of them, plus a small square of fine sand paper. I checked them off the diagram first, then went down the list and checked them off again - ONE IS MISSING!! I went through the whole stack again - and this one is definitely missing - On the checklist it is called "W - Windows - 1/64 Sticky Ply". I thought I was pretty fluent in "British" but what the John-Henry is STICKY PLY???? Included in the pile of parts is a square of acrylic, which is not mentioned in the listing. I'm putting it all away for tonight and will email the company to ask about the missing part.