Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Follow CatColorado's Glencroft'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• The Front Office
    • Welcome Guest!
    • Site Information & Feedback
    • Current Miniature News & Events
    • New Member Introductions
  • Miniature Forums
    • General Mini Talk
    • Question about a Particular House
    • My First Dollhouse
    • Community Projects
  • Off Topic
    • Question of the Day
    • Chit-Chat
    • Other Creative Endeavors
    • Community Trading Post

Blogs

• Mini Man's Blog
  • My Mini Shop's Blog
  • Calamari's Blog
  • The Arthur Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • Nutti happenings
  • The Glencroft Construction Blog
  • The Westville Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The Haunted Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The McKinley Construction Blog
  • darrellandmelissa's Blog
  • The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 10 results

1. Guest

Day Three

I worked my tail off, but have little to show for it since it was mostly finishing type work. Here I am assembling the staircase and priming the wall for painting. This is the brick paper I am using inside the fireplaces. The wall is primed, textured and painted and the stairs have been carpeted with felt. The felt made for excellent carpeting, I was surprised because I wasn't sure how it would look. I still need to finish off the outer edge. The bookcase. I didn't glue the shelf in because it fits pretty tightly. By not gluing, I can adjust the shelf later on if I need to.
  2. I have a picture! <_< There is some minor work to be done, like permanently attaching the windows and door, adding the door knocker and handles, chimney stuff, etc. I am assembling the garden/yard separately, it just seemed easier that way. I hope to finish the yard by this evening <cross fingers>.Compliments of CatColorado
  3. Although I haven't blogged in quite a while due to losing my password (as well as being entirely too busy to remain sane), I have been working on the Glencroft. I'm at the truly tedious part of the house, the shingling. The windows are hung and the doors in place. This turned out to be a very handsome house and I am very happy that I was given the opportunity to build it. B) I even have the perfect rug for it, or more accurately, part of a rug. I'm still stitching it and I have misplaced my chart (why me?). How I lost an eleven page chart remains a mystery. I really look forward to the garden part of the house which I will complete after the shingles are on.Compliments of CatColorado
  4. Roof's up and just waiting for the glue to finish drying before I spackle the joins. Next step involves preparing my shingles and windows so they are ready to go when I get to that step.Compliments of CatColorado
  5. Of course I feel like I've been saying that for a week now B) I don't have new pictures yet but the exterior walls are finished except for some touching up. I used a product called Sculptamoid on the walls and it takes several days to dry. I'm now priming my roof sections, I ran out of the texture paint I was using for the interior so I had to substitute a different kind. I'm hoping that there won't be a noticeable difference once it's all together. My exterior trim is already up because of the Sculptamoid, so after the roof I will work on the window boxes and windows.
  6. I took some time off from building to get reacquainted with my family. Fortunately they still recognized me I decided to hinge the Outer Left wall so I could access the stairs. I wanted to be able to hang pictures on those walls and leave some toys on the stairs. I also have a Borrower's scene planned for underneath the stairs. I guess I am keeping the house B) I'm almost finished installing the beams. They are taped in place, in case I have to remove them when I finish the exterior. I don't want to get stucco on the beam ends.
  7. Finishing off the fireplaces. I liked the idea of a shaped hearth, so I turned the hearth piece around so the shaped part projected into the room. I used a granite image on both the hearth and mantel. I couldn't figure out how the extra trim pieces for the fireplace went, so I used them to frame the bookcase. Still need to add a wood strip to the edge of the stairs. That will be one of the last things I do. I upgraded the staircase railings because the kit pieces kept crumbling on me. The more I sanded, the worse they became and I didn't feel like they were worth the effort of applying wood putty. I had some railings sitting around so I used those. This is the granite pattern I used. Here's the upstairs fireplace so far. Still working on the trim...isn't having a fireplace so close to the stairs a fire hazard? B)
  8. Guest

Day Two

I didn't accomplish as much as I hoped. I spent alot of time waiting for glue and or paint to dry. I'm also discovering some misplaced ownership pangs developing as the house begins to take shape. I had decided originally that I wouldn't keep this house, buuut I'm becoming attached. Maybe I do have a dollhouse addiction, there's always room for one more This piece popped right in, that made me glad B) That bottom left window gave me fits until I realized I had parts I&J upside down. After having a good laugh at myself, the window unit went together easily. Now for the staircase. The stain made the pieces swell a bit so I had to spend some time enlarging openings. I finally resorted to my trusty hammer (as seen in picture), I have used the hammer several times to knock things into place. It gives me that extra bit of muscle to move those stubborn pieces. I stopped here for the night because I didn't want to punch out anymore pieces. It was also late.
  9. Guest

Day One

Here I have my wall plastered and floors finished. I'm finishing the interior as I go along so I won't have to go back and try to paint and paper. The kitchen floor is hand painted with a crackle effect, the living room floor is stained rosewood. Here I am working on steps 4 through 7 in part A. I forsee problems with the "tack glue" approach recommended in the directions. Interior center partition plastered and in place (step 8 of A) The interior of the kitchen, I plan to stain those two unpainted pieces. Step 10 of A, so far so good. Here is the second floor piece, the ceiling side being primed. Putting this piece in was a terrible battle, everything that was "tack glued" came unglued in the process. I finally had to remove part C, to get the floor in place. Here is the house with the floor in place.
  10. Guest

It's here!

I didn't think it would happen to me, but here I am building a Glencroft. After shoveling off my work area, I did the usual "checking the parts" against the list. I was very pleased to see that shingles were included. They usually are with Greenleaf but for some reason I didn't think this kit did. Maybe that's because I've never seen anyone actually use the shingles. I also think the doors on this house are very pretty, so I plan to accentuate them as much as possible. I have a small work table, so it will be a challenge to keep things neat.