Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Follow LPCullen's Westville'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• The Front Office
    • Welcome Guest!
    • Site Information & Feedback
    • Current Miniature News & Events
    • New Member Introductions
  • Miniature Forums
    • General Mini Talk
    • Question about a Particular House
    • My First Dollhouse
    • Community Projects
  • Off Topic
    • Question of the Day
    • Chit-Chat
    • Other Creative Endeavors
    • Community Trading Post

Blogs

• Mini Man's Blog
  • My Mini Shop's Blog
  • Calamari's Blog
  • The Arthur Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • Nutti happenings
  • The Glencroft Construction Blog
  • The Westville Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The Haunted Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The McKinley Construction Blog
  • darrellandmelissa's Blog
  • The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 24 results

1. I have actually been "finished" with the Westville for more than a week, but I have been waiting for some good natural daylight to photograph it. That hasn't happened yet, so I went ahead and photographed it today. Unfortunately, the actual colors of the house are not showing up because of the lack of sunlight, so I will re-photograph it at another date, perhaps when I do the actual "tour" of the house, since this is one that I will keep.I still have some exterior and interior trim to put on (as soon as I find it ...), but here is the outside of the house. The door is not actually installed yet, and the "stained glass" does not show well on the front door.I had a lot of fun wallpapering this house. Here's a full shot of the back of the house.Now I'll take you from room to room, and we'll start in the livingroom and work our way on around and up. The last picture of the livingroom shows the detail of the wallpaper. Jimmy designed me some trim to go around the bay windows on the inside, and he has not yet finished doing the window seat in the livingroom.Here's the kitchen and diningroom. I had been wanting to use this wallpaper for quite some time, because I like it. The last picture shows the detail of the wallpaper. I have not yet finished with the staircase.Now we go to the second floor. I wasn't sure if I wanted a bathroom in the house or not--mostly because I had found a vintage crib and wanted a nursery in this house, so, here's the nusery.Here's the bedroom. I got a beautiful comforter set with different colors of purple in it, and I have a white metal bed which will go into this room. I'll show you all of that when I do the house's tour.And, finally, here are the attic rooms.Compliments of LPCullen
  2. Today I've been working on painting the shutters. As I mentioned elsewhere, I really like the design of the shutters. I am using a combination of colors, and I have used the teal for the outside colors, and an olive-ish green for the interior colors.I'm also just about ready to install the interior window trim, so I went ahead and put the window panes into the interior window trim. Of course, I did it backwards, LOL! But that's OK. Compliments of LPCullen
  3. Well, I'm still doing trim. I want to put most of the shutters on the house, except for the bay windows--I plan to leave them off there. Jimmy has taken them out, and I have sanded their edges and gotten my standard coat of "primer" on them.Jimmy has also taken out some of the balcony railings for me, and I have sanded those as well. Now, for the porch railings, I wanted to have that mostly put together before I painted it. So, Jimmy took out all my pieces and I sanded them down and he then glued them together. Well, I wasn't too happy with the way that the posts themselves looked--it sort of looked like a bunch of pieces of wood put together instead of porch posts. So, I talked Jimmy into putting some wood putty on the porch posts themselves--not the railings, just the posts--and then he sanded it down and made it smooth so it looks like a porch post. This picture shows some of the shutters, and also the porch rails and posts. It's not a good picture, but if you look closely, you can see where the posts were wood puttied.Compliments of LPCullen
  4. I have been working on the trim for the house still. Sometimes I wish it didn't take so long to do trim, but I like it and I like the way that it turns out and how it makes the house looks, so ... I am making very few modifications from the original design on this house, so the majority of the trim is going on it. I think the only thing I plan to leave off are the shutters on the bay windows.I've taken out the shutter trim and have sanded that down and working on that. I like to put one coat of white semi-gloss on anything that I paint before I put the actual color on it because I like the way that it makes the actual color turn out. I really like the way that the shutters look on this house!Jimmy has taken out my porch pieces and I have sanded them. He has begun putting the pieces together to build the porch trim, because I think it will be easier to paint that way. While Jimmy was playing with the porch pieces, and while I was waiting for the paint to dry on the trim, I took the house outside to the front porch to stain the roof shingles. Because I still like an oil based stain better than a water base stain, I take the house outside to do that part so that it doesn't smell up the RW house, LOL! I have decided to go with the same color as the floors, which is Minwax Golden Pecan. I put one coat on the shingles and then considered doing another coat, but truthfully I like the lighter "blondish" color and the contrast against the darker wood "floors".And now I must tell you my funny! Of course Jimmy and I, as well as various other members of our family, are quite used to seeing dollhouses in various stages of construction, but we forget sometimes that other people are not. The Westville is nearing its completion and is a very pretty house. So, anyway, we obviously had the Westville sitting on the table outside waiting for the stain to dry, and people were driving by and they kept slowing down. Then I saw a couple cars that had already went up the hill coming back down the hill and slowing down again in front of my house, and I was thinking what in the world are these people doing? It took me a few minutes to realize that they were eyeballing the Westville!Compliments of LPCullen
  5. I've put my first coat of the teal back on the trim. It will need another coat. I will also use the other medium green in another area, because I liked how those two went together.I have begun putting on my exterior window trim. At least Jimmy told me it's exterior window trim ... last time he told me that on the Arthur, I ended up putting the interior window trim on the exterior and had to take it back off, LOL!Also, I've been playing around with furniture in the house, LOL, but I didn't take any pictures!Compliments of LPCullen
  6. Jimmy has continued to shingle the roof, and he is almost finished. He bought a little ridge cap thingy to go over the top of the roof. I have decided to leave out the chimney. For the creases inbetween the roof lines (where you can see some blue tape), he took a piece of siding, cut it in half (long-ways), and then scored it down the middle and bent it and placed it in the creases.I have gotten stuck on the trim colors. I have just not been happy with anything that I have tried, and it has gotten me confused as to what I want. I tried a medium green, which you can see in the next picture, and it was OK. I also tried an olive green, which I didn't like at all. I have decided to go back to using the teal, because every other green that I use makes my base color not look right ...Compliments of LPCullen
  7. Because of time constraints and my boss begging for extra time to be put in at work because of rapidly approaching deadlines, it took me two days to paint that little bit of trim! And that's only the exterior window trim! Yikes!Also, for the past two days, Jimmy has begun shingling. Because of the thin little shingles, he can only do three rows at a maximum, tape them down and let them dry. Otherwise, they want to curl up.Chloe has decided to investigate the Westville. It might be bit small for her.Compliments of LPCullen
  8. Jimmy took out the exterior window trim for me--at least he tells me it's exterior trim. I'll have to check because he has a habit of giving me the wrong thing.Anyway, first I had to sand it all, and there's a lot of little itty bitty pieces.Then I have to paint it. I'm not sure where it all goes yet, so at this point it's all being painted white (along with the tips of my fingers). Do you all realize that it takes about 2 1/2 hours just to paint one coat of paint on just that small amount of trim? Compliments of LPCullen
  9. I've still been working on getting the edges of the house painted, and trying to reach that near impossible angle that Jimmy created for me when he put the roof on before I was ready. It took me four different paint brushes to accomplish it, but I did get to that angle. I almost took a sponge paint brush and cut it off to paint it, because it was difficult to even just get my fingers into the area ...Compliments of LPCullen
  10. I have been trying and trying and studying and studying and eyeballing the attic area of this house and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it. After much trying, studying and eyeballing--as well as discussing it with several other people, I have decided to make it into -- an attic! It's just too small to do anything else with it, and I am afraid that I DO NOT have Judith's abilities, so bashing it was out of the question. Especially since hubby has already put the roof pieces on ...So, what to do with an attic ... hmmm .... thinking ... I have decided that part of it will be utilized for something else, but I am not sure yet. Not sure if I will make it a place to hang clothing, an office, a sewing area, or what, but I've decided to wallpaper it.Now, the other section of the attic I have decided to make pure attic. So, I'm wallpapering it in a sort of pink textured, something, sort of trying to achieve maybe an insulation look? Not sure if it will look that way in the end, but that's the general idea.Before I can complete any more of the attic papering, I have to finish up the painting, especially the edges. Jimmy has also installed the back part of the boards, so I have to get those painted too. I also changed my mind about the teal accent color, and have "whited" it out. I am still not sure what color I want to use ...Tomorrow I will take a picture of that almost impossible angle that Jimmy created for me to paint ...Compliments of LPCullen
  11. Today I've been working on the wallpaper for the second floor. I originally wanted one of those rooms to be a bathroom, but decided I wanted a nursery instead--so this house's bathroom will be in the side that you can't see.Anyway, for the master bedroom, I picked up this wonderful purple bedding set, and so the master bedroom had to be purple. I am not sure if you noticed in the first floor wallpapering pictures, but I am doing a sort of textured wallpaper to the ceilings, and that is better shown in the second floor pictures. That paper is actully scrapbook paper. Anyway, here's the wallpaper in the bedroom:I wanted to do a nursery because I have a very cute little vintage crib! So, here's the wallpaper that I chose for the nursery:I still have to cut out those small windows in the nursery ...Compliments of LPCullen
  12. Well, it took a couple days, but I have the Westville completely primed, and the interior has two coats of semi gloss white on it as its primer for the wallpaper.I now begin putting the paint on the exterior of the house, and I will use two coats of it. I am using a very pale mint green, semi-gloss, and I plan on using different shades of green as accent colors. Because this house will be one that I keep, it's going to have some color to it. As usual, I turn the house upside down to paint it. I have no clue why I do that--it's just easier for me for some odd reason.And I now have the exterior of the house's base color completely painted, or at least those portions that are installed, LOL!Time to WALLPAPER!!!Compliments of LPCullen
  13. I didn't get much done today. The RW house seemed to want some of my attention ... don't know why it can't clean itself!Anyway, I've finished priming the second floor rooms to be wallpapered:And I've begun priming the attic rooms to be wallpapered:And something tells me, as I'm attempting to prime that attic area (and yes, the house is upside down so you might want to tilt your head) for wallpapering or whatever I'm going to do with it--still haven't quite decided--that I might should have done that area BEFORE it was put together .... Hmmm .... that's gonna be tough!Compliments of LPCullen
  14. Uh oh. Jimmy done gone and messed me up! I asked him to install some of the roof sections, so that I could wallpaper the second floor, and instead he installed the whole roof! I wasn't quite ready for the whole roof to go on, and it's going to make wallpapering some areas VERY difficult!Compliments of LPCullen
  15. I haven't gotten much done today, except for painting the side trim on the house. I have to get that painted before Jimmy can install some roof sections. I've chosen a teal to paint the trim, but I am not yet sure that is the color I want to stick with ....Also, since I keep talking about the door that Jimmy installed in the RW house, here is what the diningroom looked like when the window was in:And here's that area now where the window was ...Compliments of LPCullen
  16. Today I've been wallpapering. I've gotten the livingroom wallpapered, and this is what it looks like:Because Jimmy didn't realize that area in the bay was a floor, he had already gotten glue and putty all over it so I couldn't stain it. It will eventually be turned into a window seat. I also wallpapered the kitchen/diningroom area, and this is what that looks like:You may have noticed that there is a space left in the wallpaper at the bay window areas, where the decorative trim is. That is left there for a purpose, because I intend on putting some moulding there to bring it out more.I can't wallpaper the second floor rooms until Jimmy puts some roof sections in, so I have to pack the house up and take it back to the other house. Well, that way you all can see the new door at the other (RW) house ....Compliments of LPCullen
  17. Jimmy is FINALLY finished with the siding. Did I mention that siding was very tedious work? Very tedious!Now I get to play for a little while. I am putting a "primer" on the exterior of the house, using one coat of white semi-gloss paint. I do this for two reasons: 1) the siding really absorbs paint; and 2) it helps the actual color of the paint that I choose to go on evenly. If you looked closely at the siding in the previous posts, you will note that the siding pieces are different colors. I have discovered that when I don't put a coat of primer on, then those pieces that are different colors show a different hue when my chosen color goes on.Compliments of LPCullen
  18. I wasn't quite happy with the way that the siding joined together, so Jimmy "trimmed" it out. He took a piece of siding, lightly scored it down the middle and then bent it. He then took those pieces and placed them on the edges of the house. Here are pictures of what that looks like. Compliments of LPCullen
  19. Jimmy has continued to put the siding on the house. Once he gets a section on, he then takes his exacto knife and trims it down.Siding is very tedious work! You have to put a little on, weigh it down and let it dry, put a little on, weigh it down and let it dry ... Then once it's dry you have to trim it down. Jimmy spaces the siding pieces 1/2 inch apart. He has now gotten most of the siding on and trimmed up. Just one little area to go.Compliments of LPCullen
  20. The bay windows have been installed, and Jimmy is putting on the siding. Because the siding will curl up, once he glues them on there, he is using paint cans to hold the down while they dry.Compliments of LPCullen
  21. The walls are now all up and the base shell is almost complete, but I've realized that once the bay windows become installed, the decorative wood work from the outside will not be accessible, unless you are triple jointed in every bone of your body. So, I've painted the areas that will be inaccessible after the bay windows are installed.Compliments of LPCullen
  22. Jimmy now has the walls up for me. He really likes how this house is going together. Because we're going to use the siding, wood putty will be used minimally.Compliments of LPCullen
  23. I've got my floors stained and have put two coats of polyeurethane on them. Jimmy is now installing walls.Compliments of LPCullen
  24. I've opened the box and pulled my floors out. I have them sanded and ready to be stained. I'm going to use Minwax Golden Pecan for the color of the floors.Compliments of LPCullen