Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Follow My Mini Shop's Westville'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• The Front Office
    • Welcome Guest!
    • Site Information & Feedback
    • Current Miniature News & Events
    • New Member Introductions
  • Miniature Forums
    • General Mini Talk
    • Question about a Particular House
    • My First Dollhouse
    • Community Projects
  • Off Topic
    • Question of the Day
    • Chit-Chat
    • Other Creative Endeavors
    • Community Trading Post

Blogs

• Mini Man's Blog
  • My Mini Shop's Blog
  • Calamari's Blog
  • The Arthur Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • Nutti happenings
  • The Glencroft Construction Blog
  • The Westville Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The Haunted Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The McKinley Construction Blog
  • darrellandmelissa's Blog
  • The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 12 results

1. Today I selected the wall paper. My customer says her mother has flower wallpaper. She has blue flowers in one, forest green and she also has a yellow colored wallpaper in here house. So I looked through my big stash and came up with these I add my wallpaper as I build. To me this is the easiest way and the neatest way to add the wallpaper. I sure wish Linda lived closer to me! I added the bay windows today too and there sure are a lot of gaps here. I took out my handy dandy spackle to fill those spots & I tell you, this stuff really does a great job for sure! Here is another shot The window Sills has been added. I also added stained windows in the living room bay area on the inside and decided to add a dim light there so that light will shine through and highlight them. Complements of Minis on the edge
  2. I am so in love with this house! My customer is a Dream. She is so easy to please and she has been so kind the entire ride. I posted pictures every night and she always told me how much she likes it. I was so worried at first about if I would be finished in time and would she like.....Well as of today, she still has not seen the completed pictures but I found out that this is a gift from her AND her sisters! This will be a gift for there mother's 80th Birthday and they promised to send me pictures of the event! I hope there mother love the house and find much delight in shopping for furniture and carpets for it. Okay, I'll shut up and let you see the pictures. Tell me what you think of the house!! I painted the clay green to look like grass! :angry: Please see my Westville Gallery for MORE pictures!! Remember you can build Memories for your family too. Start your house today!! Complements of Minis on the edge
  3. Today, I woke up with butterflies in my stomach! I can't beleive this house is almost completed! I have to add clay to the base, flowers, and grass & trees and have it done TODAY!! :angry: I am so worried about accomplishing this. This house MUST ship Monday which means it has to be at the Pack N Mail place Tomorrow! Well I started with the grass lawn and added it in some places. I then added paper clay because it takes a while to dry. I sculpted stone in the back foundation and fed the lead in wire through it. I also added clay to the chimney! At 1:00 am, things were dry enough for me to paint. You gotta look at tomorrows blog to see it . I am Done!!! Complements of Minis on the edge
  4. Well today is a challenge! I still have the base to do. She want it to have the appearance of a lawn and I am thinking a a good way to create this effect using paper clay. Mean while, I did touch up paint, checked all lights again and stained the shingles! I have to have this house at the Pack N Mail place on Friday! I could sit and stare in the house all night! Lights make the house look so real! I even started playing with my dolls just to see what it would look like with "life" added to the house This is Anna coming up the stairs (which is carpeted with plush hunter green carpet) On the porch Complements of Minis on the edge
  5. I added all of the shingles today and added clay to the foundation of the house (Three sides) I fed all of the wires to the bottom of the house so that a Power strip could be used OR you could add a strip of tape wire and solder the hardwire to the tape wire (I will show this on my next house). This house I used a power strip because of the time constraints :angry: I am loving it though! I also added the Chimney! Complements of Minis on the edge
  6. My hobby knief decided to bite me hard today on my right thumb!!! Sheesh, why does these things happen when I cannot afford a delay? :angry: I also spent a while the other day in the doctors office with Rachel because she has strep throat again! The doctor treated me for it too so we are both on meds . Moving right along anyway, I took a day off and waited a day to start working back on the house. I added window seats, the stair rail and more trim (to make the wallpapered rooms look more manicured ) and the closet door & front door and trim Ohh my! I even started on the shingles! I have decided to move the position of the chimney since the fireplace is in between the two living room windows, I thought the chimney should be there also. B) My customer says so far she is so pleased with the house. She has no idea how much she is encouraging me! Every night I go to bed I look at the list of things that still need to be done and I feel I will NEVER get it done in time!! I only blogged this because I wanted to show everyone what determination can lead you too. Besides going crazy, you can end up with a fully completed house built, painted, electrified AND wallpapered witha base :lol: :lol: This shot show the inside. I am pleased at the time of taking this picture .When I downloaded it on the computer, I noticed the walls look unfinished and shabby! I can't have that happening now so do I run to hobby lobby AGAIN? Of course! :lol: The window seats are removable just in case my customer wants to change the fabric. Shingles started before I dozed off to sleep :lol: Checking to be sure that all of the lights are still working Complements of Minis on the edge
  7. Well today I painted the fireplace and I also added burning embers to it so that there will be a nice warm glow! To see how I do this, click HERE to see my other technique on doing this click HERE. Here is one of it lit up I also added the roof parts today! I am a little busy bee I don't like the gaps showing up in between the roof line and the siding. Though it is glued down correctly, it just don't look clean :angry: I can't have that! So I added some wood strips. You can see one on the left side and the right side has not been added yet. I will paint this white too. Complements of Minis on the edge
  8. Well, I talked to my customer on the phone and she did not picture the trim to be Hunter green around the windows. She wants it white. I am so worried because too many coats of paint can make an item look sloppy and because the green IS dark, I will have multiple layers on painted to prime and cover the dark color . She only wants the shutters Hunter Green :angry: Well, I guess I missed that detail so today I started doing that. I also decided to add the shutters to the house (Thats right more punching out wood peices and sanding them and painting them) but the effect is WONDERFUL!! I Love the stark white background and then the shutters on top :lol: She also wanted me to make a wood fireplace for the living room and she wants window seats where the bays are. I think it will really add that special touch to this house! I added paperclay and sculpted the bricks for the inside of the fireplace. Complements of Minis on the edge
  9. Well, I cme up with an idea for those boring bays!! I took out my spackle and found my brass stencils and decided to add some details to the rectangles that are in the bays. I also started painting the house. As I started doing this, I decided that the Bays were still too plain and I decided to add some wood rope trim to the top parts of the house. Complements of Minis on the edge
  10. The bays are looking a bit too plain to me! I keep looking at thhis house and trying to figure out what I want to do with it. My customer does not want paper clay on the bay :angry: . I gotta put on my OTHER creative hat to figure out something. Meanwhile, I decided to add all of tthe siding on the house now. It is easier to do this now instead of waiting till the roof is on. I also tape down all of the lose wires now and cover them with siding. Complements of Minis on the edge
  11. Today I added the window sills & Trim to this beautiful house. I love the style of this house! This was all l did today. It seems like just a little bit but you gotta remember that each one had to be punched out and sanded then painted :angry: Will I be finished in time? I also decided to add the siding to the porch so that I could add the door trim. I had a problem with the window & siding. I did not like how it was butting up and decided I have to do more cutting tahn I anticipated: It looks more neat cutting it this way and looking at t his house, I see I will be doing this a lot! Complements of Minis on the edge
  12. I received a order for a Beacon Hill on September 18th. The house is to be for my customers Mother who was brought up during the Depression and always wanted a dollhouse. This will be a surprise gift for her. My customer needed the house completed and delivered by October 6th. Could I do it. Well I said of Course I can :angry: . But after finding out the size of of her mother's house, she decided that she wanted me to build the Westville house instead. And then the fun began!! I ran downstairs to my garage and pulled out the Westville kit and opened it. As usual, I checked all of the sheets to be sure I had them all and all the while, I was thinking about my customer. How sweet of her to do this for her Mother! So I started to get nervous. Will I meet her expectations? She want the house to be White & the trim to be Hunter Green. Of course, I told myself last year that when I build this house again, it would be ALL paper clay. Well, maybe I can get a little bit in but my customer wants it to be built as it is on the box so I must restrain my creative ideas! Join me for the fun! These are the picture from my first day! The shell went together so fast that this is the only picture I took. I blinked and it seemed all of the walls were up! She mentioned she would love for me to electrify the house so I am doing that. First I drill a hole on the first floor ceiling and the 2nd floor "floor" I then pull the wire through that I did this for all of the rooms. I then cover the wire with tape to keep them flat and to be sure that they are covered when I add the glue to cover the wire with the hardwood floors I am using This is what the house looked like at the end of Day one: Complements of Minis on the edge