Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Follow Nuttiwebgal's Lily'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• The Front Office
    • Welcome Guest!
    • Site Information & Feedback
    • Current Miniature News & Events
    • New Member Introductions
  • Miniature Forums
    • General Mini Talk
    • Question about a Particular House
    • My First Dollhouse
    • Community Projects
  • Off Topic
    • Question of the Day
    • Chit-Chat
    • Other Creative Endeavors
    • Community Trading Post

Blogs

• Mini Man's Blog
  • My Mini Shop's Blog
  • Calamari's Blog
  • The Arthur Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • Nutti happenings
  • The Glencroft Construction Blog
  • The Westville Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The Haunted Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The McKinley Construction Blog
  • darrellandmelissa's Blog
  • The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 16 results

1. it is finished and waiting for my Aunt to come pick up sometime in March. she wanted to do some of the finishing touches so I am doing nothing else decorating wise. the steps are built but not attached so she can transport it better. my thoughts ...The house when done is fantastic. the rooms are not bad size and the layout is different from other houses making it a unique addition to any dollhouse collection. Due to all the little extra trims this house does take some extra care. maybe not a good choice for a first time crafter...although one of my favorites was built by a first timer. so there ya go. if you are looking for a challenge with a beautiful house as your results this is the house for you! a disclaimer....I had this kit almost finished but for the trim work soon after I got it...due to surgery and my lack of interest I took far longer on this house than I needed to. so if using these blogs to judge how long it will take to do these houses please keep this in mind. TTFN nutti
  2. here we have it as it looks tonight. all of the windows have their sills and are installed. I also managed to get the porch peices punched out and painted a couple of coats of white and installed all I have left are the dormers and the steps and the finishing touches. I called my aunt and she is very excited about coming to pick up her house...she told me she has a sofatable to set it and her other things on it...I said oh you have other things? she's like well no coz Im waiting on the house to pick the other things. so a miniature enthusiast is awoken! nutti
  3. after months of doing other projects and getting them out of the way I rolled miss Lily back into work room and started adding all the trim. it is the trim of this house which gives it its special look and there is ALOT of it. now once again I want to stress LABLE lable LABLE you think you will remember where you leave off but you wont. as I am so close to being finished my plan is to go floor by floor and completeing the windows and the trim. as I go. the first floor will be first as I cannot install the porch rails untill the windows are finished off. a trip to Hobby Lobby for more door knobs...misplaced the jagillion I already have now for the photos here is a photo of the trim layers(verge) here is the house with most of the verge and trim on....you do remember what I said about lableing? this is what my widows will look like. that is my trial run oh another small peice of advice...write down somewhere what color stain was used and paint because if you do like I did you will not remember and have 2 or 3 different stain colors. I did stain most of the window trims but have alot more to do...try to do this in small sessions it will make the big job seem smaller TTFN nutti
  4. I gathered all of my punched out peices and those that were stained got installed all of the windows! ....NOT nooo I had all of them done but for the sills and the fancy stuff on top sooo I had me a staining session. and how I wish that this was all of it but Im afraid I missed some. but now I have all of the window trim and doorways and most of the stair rail...dont have it all installed but I did manage to finish the double windows and the doors so thats where I am as of tonight. I have painted the roof as my Aunt has decided she wants to do some stuff on the house. so she will shingle it. :wub: she also will be doing the baseboards and crown molding and now wants lights she wants to pick it up in march. TTFN nutti :wub:
  5. I was reading through the post and photos and realised I do not have any of the inside photos included so I thought I would add them so you can see just how far I am and what I have left to do as you can see the construction workers are a messy crew who cant use a broom. I need to add baseboards and some crown molding and the window and stair trims. so not much to do but alot to do. and this last photo is of the small bedroom behind the bathroom....now this photo was taken before the bay walls went on. and the furniture is a Welaine Original. how lucky can a girl be to have a set like this! the plants were made by me from kits from Chicago. this set is so perfect for this room I almost hate to give the house away! lol...almost! :lol: well that is all till after monday when I have all my up to the Library for the display for dollhouse/miniature month. TTFN nutti :angry:
  6. first I have to say that I am having problems with this kit....I am so visual that the lack of photos really has me frustrated to the point of wanting to skip stuff....DONT do that. this is such a gorgeous house! although I didnt get much done tonight...mostly my own doings :lol: I did realize that at this point I have to get the pices together to see what to paint what color and how it all goes together...I have had to repaint 3 different times. so now Im dry fitting and marking g or w on each peice. than when it is off the house I will know what color to paint. arent I clever. :lol: first photo is with all of the 2nd step of verge painted and on...thats the gray. and 2 peices of the 3rd layer of verge trim. not all of this is found yet...remember my advice about marking each peice as it comes out of the sheet? :angry: everytime I add another peice to this house I love it that much more. another reason I stopped tonight is because I realised that I have to put the back peice on before I go any further on the 3rd floor. and I have to decide how I am going to finish it. probably paint the inside white and the out side the yellow that is on the rest of the house. except the kitchen is also the same color :lol: . next photo is of the 3rd layer of verge trim showing how it goes on to the roof peices. roof,3rd floor and porch all have this trim. it really gives it a finished and elegant look! I also have to spend some time staining all of my windows I need to have them in before I put the porch rails on. TTFN nutti
  7. after another break from the house...real life yanno? I decided to buckle down and make a big push! lol I didnt get very far....when last I left the Lily wehad been painting verge....lots and lots of verge...but alas we did not get it all painted. so tonight I put on what I did have painted and it wasnt much. this is the verge Peice that closes the attic this is the verge trim on the roof and the 3rd floor. and here you can see I have the dormers on now....I did put the together before attaching them to the house. and some spackling has started. Im thinking of using foil to go down the creases....forget what that is called. I also got out my first porch peice to get some inspiration...but since I need to do A LOT of painting and staining Im going to do that tomorrow. all of the windows will be stained inside and out. natural wood tones for this house. this is a photo of the porch roof which I am less than satisfied...the blue is the same I used on the Orchid and I really like it....Im just not sure...think I may paint it and see if it says yea or nay...I can always repaint it ...again :angry: and if I do paint the roof and the base of the house this blue what color should the little brackets be? its always something with me. :lol: Happy Building! nutti
  8. a word of advice to all dollhouse builders. make sure you mark all of your bits as they come out of the kit...never assume you will "remember" I have taken a long break from this house...first from surgery and recovery and when I got ready to restart the house my grandmother got ill and I had to go spend 8 days in hospital with her and bring her home with me. and here she still is. so after finishing up some other projects to move stuff out my way I have now restarted the Lily. today I cleaned up my work area and tonight I reopend the box and started punching out bits and marking them to many of the sheets had only one or two things left in them so I got rid of all that excess I cut the 2 photos out of the box and the rest of box went to the trash I was suprised at how little I have left to do to have this house finished which is a good thing. I have all of the dormer bits punched out and sanded... tomorrow I will attach one and see what I need to do to it before I attach them to the house. TTFN nutti :angry:
  9. now Im not one to go round spread gossip! but my roof turned into a nightmare for me that my poor DH had to help me out of. I have put mansard roofs together before....Linda and Tracy both tell of how theirs just snapped into place. well not mine. I wet the roof peices and scored them a little deeper than they were...this helped for the Glencroft roofline. and than I snapped them into their place under the notch...easy enough.... but it wasnt curved into the supports....so I got out the handy dandy clamps...after much finagling I had the 2 ends on the supports...but the middle said...NOPE I AINT BENDING! I pleaded but it stood firm. so I asked DH to help me bend the around some paint cans well he found a long cylinder he had and it took the 3 of us to get it all bent and bungee corded yup this is my roof...he ran it under the kitchen sink 2 times and than took it out to let it dry. next day he puts them in place and says hey looks good and goes to work.....DUH...hunny still no on the supports! so I once again get out the clamps...still no bend in the Peices...this morning Im like put the roof together or Im gonna melt down. so he did...here are the pictures of how he bent the roof to meet the supports for glueing. no it aint pretty but so far it works. no it isnt pretty and although he used alot of weird things to get the roof to bend I assure you the kitchen sink was not one of them. now I have to wait at least 24 hours for the glue to dry and set up. TTFN nutti :lol:
  10. another break due to my gran getting sick! and than when I got home I realised I had not marked anything I had punched out. big mistake! another mistake is not highlighting thru each step when finished...this helps keep the build from getting to big and overwhelming....one step at a time. the last I had done was the porch. when I got the house down to where I could work on the roof I saw that my wall had a big gape...so I got a little creative with the clamps to get it to cooperate after that I glued in my 8 roof supports! I was so happy when I did not glue them together like the directions tell you NOT to I did have to do a tad bit of trimming and again the creative use of clamps and a nice full tub of drywall to get the roof to comply! now I am on to the verge peices. I also have finished the Wallpaper in the staircase bedroom and painted the bathroom a very pretty Lavender I used spackle to give the kitchen stairwell a old plaster look and I am pleased with my results so far! I will include pictures of the interior next time! TTFN nutti
  11. after getting over my paint crisis my mother put me in another. lol I have decided to stain the outside trim and the sashes will be white. I was Happy...but nooooo she's like it will be to much.....so I painted one double window trim grey.....NOOOO instantly. I painted all the out side window sashes will install the windows tomorrow. while waiting for that to dy I put the roof on the porch. my side roof corner peice was shy of meeting the edge of the roof support....hopping the trim will cover that. The Verge! the porch roof the clamps help it stay on the supports while the glue dries! TTFN nutti
  12. Everything was gfoing together so well and than I hit the wall...yes the decorating wall. The following photos show the base going on. and than we come to the part I have had troubles with. I really did not like what the Black did to the house. so I tried brown not a big change just enough of a subtle change...it doesnt look half bad. but than I tried grey ....this really gave the house a softer look keeping in tune with the cream. and if I change my mind I can always repaint it....wouldnt be the first time! today sometime I will start puting the porch roof on. if I can round up all those peices. TTFN nutti :lol:
  13. I thought to myself the bay area looks unfinished. so I went looking at photos and found that I had missed a peice...this one and here it is installed staircase number 1 is in bathroom wall in and this is what the back looks like now. next I used the tissue/paint method on the outside to give it a plaster look and now I am ready for the porch! I like it! and its going to stay yellow and the trim will be in white and black. the front door will be stained. oh here is view from front door to staircase. TTFN nutti
  14. well due to surgery I had a long(2months) break from building. last night I cleaned up after the Coventry and put the lily on the workbench again. after many color changes I have settled on the foyer look. remember with this kit it is a good idea to decorate the foyer before installing the staircase wall as it will be next to impossible to do it later as it is an inclosed area. I painted it dolphin grey and used cherry stain for the trim. I am using some antique looking rose paper for the staircase wall. today I installed al the trim and the wall when the door trim has dried; I will install the staircase. last night I installed the bay walls and papered the dining area. now I have all the walls up on the first 2 floors it is time to finish the wallpaper and move on to the third floor. TTFN nutti
  15. well I have been feeling guilty! to wrapped up in anticipation for our trip I cant decide on anything. but tonight I was like well I can texture the ceilings and while I was doing that I remembered that wall treatments are big as a tuscan feel so I als textured the foyer. Im hoping to sponge paint itand maybe than I will be happy. because I cannot decide how the foyer should be decorated I cannot put the stairs in or add the wall. so I am STUCK! but like I said I think Im on to something! yes the house is upside down! a must if you do not want paint on the pretty floors. and because it cant be upside down on the table it is sitting in the trash can...ohh the indignities of these poor houses! nutti
  16. I got off to a really good start on this house the parts just fell out of their sheets and that almost never happens. it was nice. the first thing I did was make sure all sheets were included in my kit...check the next thing was to lable all the parts that fell out of the sheets and put smaller ones in baggie....check I than proceeded to put the main parts of the house together for a dry fit. Now this is the fun part because as in the Glencroft the Peices practicly have to lay on top of each other in order to slide smoothly into their slots. It helps to lay the house on its back while doing this. Now the bay is attached with tape. I really like the wall less wall here. its really a nice feature for decorating! please also note the arched partition. thats where it goes....by the front door. although it might be nice to leave it out to make a larger room and easier access to the foyer! The kitchen and bathroom walls in place. The first floor staircase. now the reason for the dry fit is to locate any areas which will be hard to access after the house is all together the foyer where the first stair case goes is the main one. so its a good idea to decorate this area before proceeding. all three of my floors were stained with cherry and than Americana minwax stain with a coat of polyurethane on top of them. the wrap around porch got a nice mahogany stain. I have the floors glued in and the front on. I also have wall papered the bedroom. and its there I have had to stop. I had to put in an order from HBS for more Wallpaper and so it sits and waits. more later nutti B)