Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Follow darrellandmelissa's Orchid'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• The Front Office
    • Welcome Guest!
    • Site Information & Feedback
    • Current Miniature News & Events
    • New Member Introductions
  • Miniature Forums
    • General Mini Talk
    • Question about a Particular House
    • My First Dollhouse
    • Community Projects
  • Off Topic
    • Question of the Day
    • Chit-Chat
    • Other Creative Endeavors
    • Community Trading Post

Blogs

• Mini Man's Blog
  • My Mini Shop's Blog
  • Calamari's Blog
  • The Arthur Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • Nutti happenings
  • The Glencroft Construction Blog
  • The Westville Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The Haunted Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The McKinley Construction Blog
  • darrellandmelissa's Blog
  • The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 8 results

1. I have finished and decorated the Orchid. I will be taking it down to the TV station Friday morning. Here are a few pictures of the outside. I put a small wreath for the holiday season on the door, since it will be offered at the holiday auction. The plant on the trellis is from a swap here. I thought it looked perfect and it kept telling me it wanted to live there. Here is a full pic of the inside Now for pics of the individual rooms. I really like how this house turned out.
  2. This is not all my progress, I decided to save some pictures for the next post. I got both sides of the house sided and the bay window attached. I made a curatin for the bay window. the flash sort of washed it out, but it is a purple tulle net material with sparkles in it. There will be a nice pediment shelf across the top. To make siding the dormer peek easier after gluing on the window frames I founf the peice the frame punched out from and used it as a template to cut the siding. The living room has been carpeted and the coffee stirrer stick wainscoiting applied; The bedroom has been carpeted and the baseboards attached. I still have a pot to do. I need to find something to use on the kitchen floor and baseboards for that room. But am currently working on decorating. I am not in the mood to sand and paint thr gingerbread yet. and and I do not even want to think about shingles. I need to get the shingl;e at least up to the bottom of the dormers before siding them.
  3. I have been progressing slowly. The bay window is now attached and I am painstakingly adding siding on the sides 1 board at a time. It seems I will never finsh, but I know I will. I packed up the dollhouse in the car today and took it to Joann's what a mistake. As I was pushing a basket around the store, I think half of the city I live in had to look at it. There were a lot of women there getting spuulies for a beginning serger class at the community college adult community programs. I finally did get some material suitable for carpeting and drapes. I had accidently tossed the wallpaper scras in the trash, that Is why I needed to take the hosue with me. I am glad this is a small house I could see trying to get the "Garfield down the isles to find carptet and drape material. LOL. I hope to have some pics of the progress in a few days. Melissa
  4. Since my son was still at camp untill he got home 3:00 pm Sunday, (school starts 8:00 am Monday), and my earache is starting to feel better, I started decorating the outside. I glued the windows and most of the frame minus the pediment caps. I forgot to take a picture of this step. I figgured painting the siding strip individually would be easier to work with considering all the angle cuts I will need to make to go around the window frames. Next I started gluing on the siding strips. The front of the first floor has been sided. The pediments glued on. I just love these windows. Finally I test fitted the porch. I like the design of the porch, but it seems a little delicate. I will have to figgure out a way to reinforce it. I have already added an extra bord behing the posts, but it seems wobbly still.
  5. I finally felt well enough to work on the wallpaper today. I have been fighting an ear infection for the past few days. ( I HATE earaches), The printer is still having a problem so I took Darrell to the scrapbook store to help me find paper. These are the best we could find and still match the overall purple theme I wish to stay with. I would not have chosen most of them in a house for myslef, but for a house that may possibly belong to a little girl, I think they will be great. This is as far as I have gotten on the walls. The lower half of the living room will have coffee stirrer stick 3" up the lower half of the wall. I think Holly may have used this before in a house she made, and that is where I got the idea. Melissa
  6. The walls went together very quickly. The roof has only the front half installed at this time. I finally got the dormers to go together the right way. There was not a problem with the directions, there was a problem with the reader of the directions. For some reason I kept gluing the narrow ends of the dormer roof together and putting that to the top of the dormer. I believe I lost cound how many times I made the same mistake. here are pictures of the shell I painted part of the trim a medium lavender. The other trim will be a darker shade of lavender. The walls will be painted a pale lavender. The window frames will be white. I have not attached the windows yet as my printer is still dead. I want to papaer and cut out around the window openings instead of trying to paper around the windows once the frames are on. I plan to run glue a thin strip of painted paper to the part of the wall that is the window frame.
  7. I glued on the roof and built and attached the dormers. They gave me quite a fit, For some reason I kept gluing the roofs on upside down with the narrow end at the top. It looked right to me until I placed them on the house. I then took them apart and glued them back correctly. I will have pictures to post of this in a day or so. My printer is still acting up. I may stop by the scrapbook store on my way home from work today. If I can not get there today, then tomorrow will do. I may end up using scrapbook paper instead of the designs i wanted to use. So far the only changes I have made is to turn the first floor divider wall around to have the opening neer the back of the house. I am also omiting the stairs. I believe nutti had a good idea to " streghthen the porch posts for play by a small child. It looks to me like the dormer will need more support. Melissa
  8. I started the house this weekend, I painted around the windows in the walls and the window frames. I have not broke out in a rash this time. My hamds did start to itch twice and i stopped and washed them and came back to working on the dollhouse later One everything had a coat of paint on it I stopped itching. Melissa