Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Follow heidiiiii5's Orchid'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• The Front Office
    • Welcome Guest!
    • Site Information & Feedback
    • Current Miniature News & Events
    • New Member Introductions
  • Miniature Forums
    • General Mini Talk
    • Question about a Particular House
    • My First Dollhouse
    • Community Projects
  • Off Topic
    • Question of the Day
    • Chit-Chat
    • Other Creative Endeavors
    • Community Trading Post

Blogs

• Mini Man's Blog
  • My Mini Shop's Blog
  • Calamari's Blog
  • The Arthur Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • Nutti happenings
  • The Glencroft Construction Blog
  • The Westville Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The Haunted Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The McKinley Construction Blog
  • darrellandmelissa's Blog
  • The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 18 results

1. I am donating the Orchid to this years Toys for Tots drive. I have spruced her up a bit, dug deep in my mini stash. I reinforced all the decorations on the outside so they dont get broken off. I hope it finds a happy home with a little girl out there somewhere.
  2. I forgot to post this when it happened so... The Fallen Acorn Fell...down the stairs and went BOOM! It was beyond repair and I had to trash her. Rest in Peace Fall Acorn...we knew you well.
  3. Ta da! I finished her yesterday. I had alot of fun building this house. I have no idea what I am going to do with her or where I am going to put her. Here is the staircase area. I made this stained glass before and I mounted it and secured it to the ceiling. One view of the gallery area. I put bowls with tiny star fish in the window. Here are another views of gallery. This is the staircase landing in the studio... and the studio. I made the lil easel. A full view of interior... A full view of exterior... Thank you so much for having the opportunity to join in on this fun group build! :angry:
  4. I finished the roofing on saturday. It was kinda tedious but I loved the way it looks. I just glued and trimmed lengths of the twine to the house. I let them overlap so I could get a good tension and pull without messing up the glue. I used twine and made a spiral on each side of the gable. I noticed later that they werent even. I dont care at this point..LOL I waited to finish the whole roof before I started to trim.
  5. I painted the house chocolate brown! Reminds me of a Hershey bar. Mmmmm. I was staring at the roof today and I really didnt want to have to dig out those blasted shingles. Then another click went off in my head. Jute Twine! As I was sitting watching Oprah, I cut off lengths and glued and glued and glued. I glued for about an hour and got one side done. After the glue is completely dry, I am going to try to color some of the twine and weave it into the parts that are already glued. I really like it. It is really different. I am thinking of twisting it into circles on either side of the gable roof. We`ll see how that goes!
  6. I finished papering the outside and started working on the front porch yesterday. I think I am going to use some wood to reinforce the porch to the house to make it sturdier. I am using 4 colors of brown for the outside. Today I am going to add some more color and I am going to reattach the boards that I had from the stoning fiasco! Thinking about adding something else but it is going to take some time today to sit and stare at it and think it over. Maybe some cracks. Maybe some faux stones. I dont know! :angry:
  7. Okay the stones were not what I had wanted. They didnt stick. There was a big mess. Alot of swearing. That is all I want to say about that. It took me an hour to pick off the remaining gunk and figure out HOW was I going to cover this mess.. Papier Mache! I was thinking it was going to look kinda gnarly but I like it and it will look good painted with little touches here and there. I have finished both sides and am getting ready to put the porch together. Then I will mache the rest of the house! I used school brown paper bags, water and glue!
  8. I finally sat down and painted the staircase. The colors are Steamed Milk and Safari Taupe. It took a few tries but I finally got the staircase to behave and stay in place. I noticed that I have to do a lil touch-ups on the stair treads. Today i started working on the outside. I finally finally got the bay window together and to fit (kinda sorta) in the window. I am using strips of basswood painted Steamed Milk on the outside. I am thinking of filling in the gaps with little black stones. I am using tile grout on the base of the house and covering each section with Black aquarium stones. This is a pure experiment! I do not know how it is going to turn out! You will all see what I see as I progress.
  9. I am almost done with the finishing touches of the upstairs studio. I brought the Orchid into the livingroom yesterday (it fits perfectly on tray table) and watched a scary movie called Ginger Snaps with Nat and really got some headway. I put wood flooring using skinny sticks in the lil alcove. That is going to be wear the model can sit and pose. I worked on covering up wallpaper mistakes and put the carpetting down. I havent glued the carpet down in the stairwell because I have to trim it for bannisters so my mini artist doesnt take a tumble down the stairs. I am hopeing to get the downstairs done and start working on the staircase today.
  10. I have gotten the flooring down in the gallery space on first floor. I am keeping the flooring and trim pieces nude. I want a blonde tone to the gallery area. I found these pictures at the $1 store. I put them on the ceiling of the gallery. Also keeping the nude theme. I also used one on the wall as a art piece. The studio area on the second floor has a sky wallpaper. I wanted it to be inspirational.. :lol: Of course the cat got into it and messed up the bottom section that is ripped. But all these are easy to fix and hide. I also found these pics online. I shrunk them with Photoshop, printed them, and mounted on wood. They will be some of the art work I will put on the walls. I am going to take the girls out yard saling today. When I get back I am going to finish all the trim and finish painting the window sills and such. It is a beautiful day and I want to get as much done before it gets warm again!
  11. I had this fabric sample saved and I am using it for carpeting in the stairwell area and the upstairs studio. It feels nice! :angry: I finally figured out the the dangnabit windows upstairs. They were giving me a facial tic! I must have glued them and taken them apart 10x before I finally got them right! I dont know how much I will get done today. Still a lil sad about the dog. But I will plug away and try to get her done before my deadline.
  12. I am truly going to Hari Kari (sp?) myself or someone else if I dont figure out how the heck you get the left and right to fit on the dormer front!!!!!! I thought, Cool! I am moving along.. Doing good...start glueing...then they dont fit. I must be not reading the instructions correctly OR I dont know!! LOL Any help people? EDIT: Okay.. Never mind. I need to eat dinner. I switched them around and it fit! Phew! I was getting ready to throw in the towel.
  13. I have finished glueing and sanding the downstairs floors. I am going to Home Depot today to buy a light colored stain for it. I did it a little different and had the floorboards go in different directions. I am satisfied with the result. I have to fill in the gaps and sand some more. My table is an extreme mess. We are TRYING to get the humoungo tv upstairs and alot of the stuff in the livingroom is in the diningroom and on the table with the Orchid. Hopefully I will get this stuff off the table today and get the rest of the house glued! :lol:
  14. I went to get the bucket of stones and guess what? They werent there!!!!! :lol: So I have to brainstorm and get some supplies and figure out what I am going to do to the outside. I have been working on the inside ( no pics, camera batteries are charging) I wallpapered the downstairs and I have almost finished making the flooring for the 1st floor. I fixed that pesky problem with the base piece. It was the humidity. The glue set fine yesterday. Will post pics later and hopefully I will have figured out what i am going to do to the outside. I just remembered I have to start working on my swap pieces too!! :o Calgon! Oh Calgon!
  15. I had a slow start on the Orchid. It is kinda hard to get the groove going when you have major heat and then a major thunderstorm going on.... All of the trim is Steamed Milk color. The door panel is Aegean Blue. I am going to use this color as a accent trim color. I have all of the windows done. I stain glassed the top portions in Old world and Ruby Red. I have gotten the rest of the windows done also. Took a lil while for them to dry but the humidity has broken and I am now ready to start glueing house together!
  16. I was having the hardest time getting the juice to flow on this house! It just wouldnt work on the side. So I took it all off and put the splice underneath the house and now it works. Need to go buy more tape wire. I am only going to have two hanging on first floor and a lamp on the second. I hate the base piece!!! It doesnt like me!!! I think it also has to do with the humidity of yesterday. It is cooler and drier today, so I think I will take it off and try again. Otherwise I will spackle it into submission. I have gotten part of the roof on and I am starting to wallpaper the first floor. Going to work on the first floor flooring today too.
  17. I went to AC Moore to pick up some supplies today. I have finally decided on what this Orchid is going to be. It is going to be The Fallen Acorn Gallery. Downstairs is going to be a Art gallery with paintings, sculptures, and a table in front for a receptionist. Some chairs and lighting. Upstairs is going to be a studio. I think that lil alcove by the window will be perfect for a stage for a model! The main area will have easels, art supplies, and canvas`. I havent decided if I will set it up for classes or not. That all matters if I am successful making the easels. I have painted the outside of the house Dark Granite. I have a huge bucket of stones and tile grout that I am planning to use to cover the entire outside of the house with. The stones are colored and small. I have gotten part of the structure together so far. Because of the humidity, the carpenters glue is being persnickety!!! I am using a combo of that and crazy glue. I am also using a toothpick to build up more carpenters glue in the cracks. I want this to be as strong as Fort Knox! The extra room on the second floor will have a bed and maybe some extra supplies for the gallery. Just a place to crash when my artist has spent many hours working on their masterpiece!
  18. The UPS man came today! I went out the back door to go water the veggie garden and I heard the familiar sound of a Big Brown Truck leaving.... I rushed around the yard (navigating the dog droppings) and came up on the front porch..Nothing! :lol: Going inside.. I saw Nat putting the box on the diningroom table.. Isnt she pretty? Of course she came at the worst time. It is hotter than Satan`s backside. Going to sit down in the semi cool livingroom and read the instructions. Hopefully my MHM can`t read. She will become highly jealous!