Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Follow nuttiwebgal's Arthur'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• The Front Office
    • Welcome Guest!
    • Site Information & Feedback
    • Current Miniature News & Events
    • New Member Introductions
  • Miniature Forums
    • General Mini Talk
    • Question about a Particular House
    • My First Dollhouse
    • Community Projects
  • Off Topic
    • Question of the Day
    • Chit-Chat
    • Other Creative Endeavors
    • Community Trading Post

Blogs

• Mini Man's Blog
  • My Mini Shop's Blog
  • Calamari's Blog
  • The Arthur Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • Nutti happenings
  • The Glencroft Construction Blog
  • The Westville Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The Haunted Dollhouse Kit Construction Blog
  • The McKinley Construction Blog
  • darrellandmelissa's Blog
  • The Lily Construction Blog
  • The Coventry Cottage Construction Blog
  • Deb's Blog
  • kristenrice's Blog
  • MiniMadWoman's Blog
  • Ms. Mini's Blog
  • Charlene's Blog
  • Peggi's Blog
  • The Orchid Construction Blog (Community)
  • The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog
  • ColorMeHolly
  • My First Dollhouse - The Pierce
  • Starfire's Blog
  • dragonfly's Blog
  • wenlaine's Blog
  • Annette's Blog
  • KathieB's Blog
  • peggyquade's Blog
  • my Orchid project
  • ilovecats' Blog
  • heidiiiii5's Blog
  • Anna's Blog
  • uppitycats' Blog
  • whippet-gal's Blog
  • Shelly N's Blog
  • Carrie's Blog
  • Irene's Blog
  • Thelma the Bear's Travel Blog
  • The Magnolia Construction Blog
  • SusannaT's Flower Tutorial Blog
  • Jeff's Blog
  • Poor (Wo)Man's Brickwork
  • kellee's Dollhouses
  • newt's Blog
  • A & A blog
  • Sherr's Blog
  • minime's Blog
  • Christine's Blog - Small World Builders
  • lil buttah's Blog
  • Mini Musings from Mt. Vernon Street
  • Northern Twilight's Blog
  • Muriel's Blog
  • tracibobs' Blog
  • Shannon's mini blog
  • rbytsdy's Blog
  • LPCullen's Blog
  • Tako's Blog
  • asherah's Blog
  • MrsClarkston's Blog
  • Violet2Dawn's Blog
  • Busy Little Bee
  • james dean's Blog
  • Beacon Hill back to back extravaganza :)
  • THmini2's Blog
  • cwoods' Blog
  • My orchid
  • Scratch-built Tudor Progress
  • Greenleaf Gazette Blog
  • Glencroft Bash
  • dollhousediva's blog
  • BuilderJohn's Blog
  • Diana M.'s Blog
  • bookmarm's Blog
  • CheckMouse's Blog
  • Elsbeth's Blog
  • Dollhouselady's Blog
  • ItzKathyP's Blog
  • brandaen's Blog
  • minifan's Blog
  • CraigWoozy's Magnolia Blog
  • amandabee154's Blog
  • cranky's Blog
  • My Beacon Hill Build
  • LifeUponTheWickedStage's Blog
  • Alamom's Blog
  • Merri's Moggie Manor
  • Fairy House Under Construction
  • Making mini things
  • Calamari's Blog (PUBLIC)
  • Mike's Miniatures
  • KathieB's Blog
  • RGT Glenwood Journey & misc projects
  • shamrockgirl18's Blog
  • Trips, Shows and Other Stuff
  • Ravenswing's Blog
  • The Mosaic Dollhouse
  • grynche's Blog
  • Pierce/Annabelle Rehab
  • Fairfield Rehab Blog
  • The Hobbit House Blog
  • Roxxie2's Mini Things
  • ~morningstar~'s Blog
  • Haunting The Orchid
  • kellee's Blog
  • pats' Blog
  • The Kiwi Pierce Build
  • Treedydi's Blog
  • Soapz's Blog
  • Pretty Stone Chantilly
  • Joel's House of Miniatures Tutorials
  • The Glencroft: Master Build Blog
  • First time builder "The Laurel"
  • Glencroft Rehab
  • Barb D'Angelo
  • Johnson Towers
  • Using Paint for Wallpaper
  • Melanie
  • Foxhall Manor REFURBISHMENT
  • Icewolf's Mini Projects
  • Dianne A
  • Spider Cottage
  • BigKahuna's Little Corner of the World
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish
  • The Ginkgo House start to finish

Categories

• Dollhouse Instructions
    • Greenleaf Dollhouse Instructions
    • Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Website URL

Interests

Real Name

Member Title

Found 13 results

1. I finished the construction of the Arthur yesterday.I had loads of company so I didnt get a chance to blogso here goes.I finished the shingles and put on the parts of fussy trim I liked.I have the last 2 windows ready to put in I just wont do it till after I finish the decorating in the bathroom and the kitchen.this is what I liked about the kit.....at first I had my nose stuck in the air because it was a "small" house but as I worked on it I developed a stong liking of its charm. it has great lines inside and out. the small windows look wonderful on the outside and leave ya wondering how to decorate that wall on the inside. but they give the house nice charactor.as a kit and its ease of putting together...I give it a 8 this would be a great first house for a beginner or a quick build for someone making a gift. the only thing I really disliked about the kit was the windows. I didnt like putting them together....but after the first one the others were not so bad....Im just spoiled to the one peice window trim and I never figured out how the porch post went on but that didnt stop me from having a nice porch.advice I would give to a first time builder...take your time and read all directions before starting!this was a fun project and I look forward to my next. Complements of nutti ;)
  2. I was on a role today.I got all of the front shingles on and they look mahhhhvolouswithout breaks it probably took about 2 hours to prep shingles draw the lines and glue them on....took about 10 to stain after the glue had dried.all the shutters are on and the step is on.all I have to do is paint all the fussy stuff white and glue them on. a comment on the windows....its not to bad to have to make the winow frames for the outside....but the inside too?? ugggg I have had some arguments with the windows to get them up. Complements of nutti
  3. Well I had to take a day off and regroup....I have to do that often when doing projects...another reason I take so long in getting things done.I was not going to decorate so I had nothing but all of a sudden the house is screaming at me. so I took a trip to Hobby Lobby and got some wonderful fabrics,trims, and scrapbooking papers...photo#1I have the porch shingled but had to stop and will have to move house to the rolling cart hubby made me. the house is to high to reach the roof shingles.photo#2 shows half the porch shingled and the shingles being prepared for the roof. I like to use an Emry board to do shingles. I didnt like the front door so I have made adjustments. do you recognise the embellishments? they are the fancy apex trims punchouts.I am very Happy at how this house looks.its beginning to look like a keeper! Complements of nutti
  4. well the house is looking better!took some advice and used spackling in the cracks on the front.looks much better.I stained my shutters but only 3 sets came out looking ok! I will paint the other 2 for the side windows white.the porch post just didnt look the way I liked so I went into my stash of things bought for other projects and came up with cake dowels I cut them to size and they dont look to bad. kind of a farm house look.even Catriona had to get in on the pictures she really likes how the house is turning out. now I find myself wishing I would have wallpapered. coz maybe Ill just keep it myself Complements of nutti ;)
  5. well I tried to get some things done on the Arthur but RW just wouldnt allow much.but I did make some progress.the first photo is of the window trim...I stained all of it. this house has started a picture and now I have to see if I can finish it.can we say Gingerbread house?my shingles and shutters will also be stained.very glad that the rooms are square...will make for some easy wallpapering now that I have a picture in my head.2nd photo is the new porch and foundation.somehow the walls just dont meet up around the door. I will add a piece of trim and no one will know....Bless trim. this really is a sweet little house. Complements of nutti ;)
  6. well today was slow goingeverything has recieved all the coats of whatever they needed if it needs more the new owners will have to do it.I had a couple of problem areas...the front of my house doesnt meet up as flush as what I been seeing....me thinks builder should have saw this before going to bed and letting glue dry. but I think the porch will cover it and no one will know.I really like the double wall and closet area.my other problem area I see is for the dormer...in the dry fit it didnt match up in a nice V perhaps I am to picky but I will see how tomorrow goes when glueing that part.first photo is the front of house with masking tape and clamps holding the roof down and in the corner you can see the stairs.2nd photo is the back of the house using the masking tape to hold the roof together and down on the wall.gotta love tape.tomorrowI will add the rest of the roof and start the trim. Complements of nutti
  7. last night I got my stairs together with very pleasing results.aside from my Willowcrest stairs I like the way these turned out.this may just help me in another house Im doing as the stairs there are just to big for my liking!so far today all I have done is give the floors another staining and a layer of plain polyurethane. and painted all the roof peices in preperation for putting the roof on.also have spackled again....now I am waiting for the stuff to dry....with all the storms and the fact that it is still rainy out it may take longer for everything to dry.so after lunch I will start the trims. sanding and primering.pictures to follow later.Complements of nutti
  8. today I sanded the slots and the shell and painted.the outside has been painted 1 time with spray primer and 2 coats of blue so far.Im always adding paint while working on the house.lol...ok here is whyI'll see this tiny imperfection,just the tinyest little paint so I get a little brush and I paint it and just when I can say looks good I dab the brush on a wall or peice that is another color ;) yup I told you...I am my own worst enemy. but in the end its all good. ;) well... there is that house hidden in the craft room ok the picture is how Im doing my stairs...remember I told you I didnt like the look of them. well the risers are good. thin..I like that but I like all parts to be covered(afraid of whats under grandmas stairs ;) )so I look tounge depresor craft sticks(which I have 3000,coz I bought wrong size for an earlier project )and they are perfect size for the riser part. I stained them the same color as the stairs and used my easy cutters to cut the right size. next will be putting them together.maybe an hourComplements of nutti ;)
  9. ok I went and took a breakand came back to it.house is glued first round of filler in the slots.rest of inside walls painted....I have decided to use the extra wall and "kitbash"(modify the kit) I am making the 2 walls removeable so the new owners can do what they like.I also have decided to trim the house out(baseboards and crown molding)but I also will make it removeable for the ease of wallpaperPhoto #1 is the front and the door....the inside panels will be light blue.Photo #2--view one following the planPhoto #3--my own planPhoto #4--spackling Complements of nutti
  10. let me just say that alot of things in building houses that cause me frustrations are usually my own doing like I am my own worse enemy.....like painting the door when I had wanted to stain it ;) bad news for me...I spent an 2 hours painting the inner walls and gluing the house together. the tab and slots are not cooperating with me. my exacto knife getting a workout. than I got out the roof parts! hahah they are even worse and there is no paint on them. not all kits are like this...but it does happen.one cool thing for me is I have an extra wall in my kit. this will allow me to close in the staircase. this makes me happy as I did not care for the look of the steps and was thinking of adding built in entertainment center. less work and now have a closet. ;) and because of the extra support in the floor I can leave out the upstairs wall or make it removeable.my ex sil want this house. lolI told her come see me and its yours.....she is in Alabama Im in Missourino phots as yet.nutti :blink:Complements of nutti ;)
  11. as in pre fabulous...lolI realise Im suppose to keep track of my time spent.taking stock of kit took about 20 minsI made sure all parts were thereI put them in the order I will use them...mostlyand returned them to the box.the dry run to get the feel of the house took about an hour due to the slot and tab issues.sanding and spray primering the main walls almost 3 hours.one side has to dry before spraying the 2nd side. thank goodness for perfect weather. being the insomniac I am I was up at 2am...I spent an hour staining the floors and putting the first coat of blue paint on the outside.today I lightly sanded all parts that I painted last night and gave the inside walls their first coat of white paint. I used Kilz sealer/ primer/stainblocker next I will use white interior paint left over from household painting.that took about 45 mins.ok time spent... a little over 5 hours so far.Complements of nutti ;)
  12. well I took the plunge and went through the kit. I have all my piecesand I have put them in order in the box.and gathered all my supplies....plz add a pair of saftey glasses to the list...dollhouse dust in the eyes can coz infection(how do I know that? )first problem: my slots to small for the tabs.....trusty ole exacto knife fixed the problem. I have the walls and front primered and I am ready to stain and seal the floors with minwax cherry/polyurethanethe porch will be painted white just like on the boxfirst impression: really like the depth of the porch. I think this will be a really cute house.plz note there is also spackling in my photo. this will be used to fill in those nasty tab and slot areas...which will leave a nice smooth wall.wood fill can be used...and joint compound. Complements of nutti ;)
  13. My name is nuttiwebgal and folks round here call me nutti(with good reason) ;) this is not the first house I have built but I am still green enough to be considered a "newbie"so I will approach this as simply as I can to show how easy it is to build a house. I have always wanted a dollhouse and asked my DH and both DS and nothing.so one day I came across a website where a woman had built her own house....hmmmmm why didnt I think of that? so I ordered me a kit and built it myself.....I will admit that my first house is hidden in my craftroom due to the fact I didnt have this wonderful forum or any others to learn from....so I will try and give all the tips the instructions dont cover. ;) This is my first blog ever so its all about the learning.So lets get started.you have your kit. WOW so exciting!! cant wait to start!!! STOP!calm down. ;) or have you already opened the box and are so intimidated that you are sick? what have you done? you have started down a long addicting road my friend.now open box...take out the instructions..close box...read warm up pages carefully.now read and study the photos. some decsions should be formulatingwhat will each room be? what colors will you paint the outside? will you paper or paint the inside? the next thing you do is collect your building supplies.an exacto knife(hobby knife) wal-mart is my building supply placeglue(I use Aileens tacky glue) sandpaper....now you do recieve some with your kit and it will work fine but I like sanding sponges.Priming spraymasking tape/painters tape for taping house together before gluing.....VERY important to do.clamps ok thats all for now. nuttiComplements of nutti