Miniature Clubs, shows or Classes in Michigan

The back cover of Dollhouse Miniatures lists four: Great Lakes Craft & Hobby in Shelby Township, Miniature Makers Workshop in Royal Oak, Rau's Country Store in Frankenmuth and Little Enchantments in Minneapolis. October 19-20 there's "A Grand Affair in Miniatures" show & sale at Mayflower Congregational Church, 2345 Robinson Road, East Grand Rapids (also from the

DHM sistings.

American Miniaturist lists three more: Celtic Corner Miniatures in Leslie,Pat's Village Minatures & Gifts in Dearborn and The Wee House Doll Shoppe in Holland.

The Nationa Association of Miniature Enthusiasts has a listing of clubs on their website at http://www.miniatures.org/clubs.shtml and there may be other club info listed in this thread: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8265

I'm from Michigan also. I haven't been to any of the local minature stores previously mentioned. But I'd love to hear from anyone who has been to them. The only dollhouse store I've been to is the one in Frankenmuth. Not sure on the name of it. I always looked forward to going there when we visited Frankenmuth as a kid.

the one in Frankenmuth. Not sure on the name of it.
That's Rau's. I listed the stores because quite often they host classes and post club notices as well as shows. The NAME site has been posted one this forum and you can also check that for clubs: http://www.miniatures.org/clubs.shtml

Hi All!

Havanaholly, thanks for the great resources!. I will check them out. By the way, Chesterfieldzoo asked which part of Michigan I live in.....Novi, MI. I am a beginner and I am so excited that I want to learn more. My progress on the Westville has been very slow but I have to finish the walls before December. There is a electrical wiring class in December that I must attend! I am slowly learning how to make realistic food and accessories for my dollhouse! Daisygirl - I have not visited any of the places mentioned. The only place that I have visited and really loved is a small shop in Royal Oak - Miniature Maker's Workshop.

• 1 month later...

I'm on the western shoreline in Holland. Presently there is our specialty shoppe WEE DOLLHOUSE here GOING OUT OF BUSINESS and clearing things out!!!!!! (I am finacially unable to take advantage, at this time) Here in town we have a DOLL Show twice a year(April and Nov), which includes a variety of "STUFF". They are NOT huge shows, but they have been around here for quite some time now. There are also some events in Grand Rapids every year.

• 1 month later...

I am from Holland, Michigan and was so excited to see the dollhouse store - then as I pulled up realized it was closed!! So sad.

I am originally from Livonia (suburb outside of Detroit) and my parents still live there. I will have to check out some of the previously mentioned shops.

I'm planning on going to the show in Chicago the first weekend of April, although the website doesn't really say much about what it's all about. (http://www.bishopshow.com/) Thanks for posting the events/locations everyone!

Hi Bethany :yes:

I am here in HOLLAND too! I spoke recently to the NASH's and he tells me they are thinking and(maybe) planning to RE-OPEN...in a future different location. ... said that hey had to get out due to property selling. Who needs extra pork chops (Montello meats-???) over minis anyway...

Hey!!! It's nice to speak to someone local !!!! I don't get on this site everyday...but if you want me...just PM me. I live in Central Park. Make sure you plan to go to the DOLL SHOW at the Civic Center in April...There are always mini goodies floatin'around. I sell my A Girl clothes there every year. I also know of a show or two in G.R. I have my unfinished ORCHID on EBAY right now....just can't make myself finish it. I have been busy enough trying to job-hunt,baby sit, and sew...I also volunteer at the thrift store on Fridays.

Let me know if you'd like to meet sometime!!!

Donna

• 1 month later...