Getting my new kitty Today!!!

summerdaisy06

Thank you all for your wonderful advice....... I found a small orange tiger kitty on Craigslist and I will be picking him up tonight ( so expect pic!!! :) )

I was going to go with a older cat but upon doing research and as some of you mentioned... older ones tend to spray more... So I decided on a younger on ( This one is probably about 4 months ) and Tucker my kitty I have know is 9 months... so they will be close in age.

I spoke again with my vet and they will " fix " Tucker this wednesday for a whopping 186 bucks ( yikes! :lol: 0 but well worth it i guess.....

Then we have to save up our money again and get our new kitty fixed :lol:.

Im very very excited to get him!!!!! And I can NOT wait to show him of to you girlies & guys :D

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

I love kitties, we need pictures of your new adoptee :lol:

:lol: we most definitley do need those, that is if you can get the new little one to agree upon having his pic taken, they can be fast little ones I know!

HUGS

Good luck with new kitty kat. Sounds like he's going to have an adventure right away at the vet! He will have lots to tell you when he gets back and will need lots of TLC to get over his trauma!

Wolfie

:lol: Really 186 is expensive? I don't really have a choice of where we go we just go to the vet on Base.

I got my kitty and he is oh so perfect and adorable... he looks to be about the same age as Tucker.... they are in the bathroom right now having a stare down.... :D

I will take pictures of my new kitty tomorrow... sadly tonight he looks like drowned rat... The poor guy was COVERED in fleas... I mean covered.... it took me 3 flea baths to remove them all... and im hoping it did remove them all.... the poor guy was frantic.... so frantic that I hardly got off any of the shampoo on the last rinse.... I was afraid I would give him a heart attack so I just left it.... poor guy though I know it will irritate his skin if I don't get it off.... I will let him relax some and then try again. :lol:

I Think him and Tucker will get along good though! :)

I hate kitty bath time! I actually had to buy a muzzle for Ivan because he is a biter when he gets bathed. Being long haired, he suffers periodic cases of "poopy butt." He has even bitten holes in the muzzle. Poor baby. Here is his picture after bath time.

post-2078-1193098238_thumb.jpg

Bummer about the fleas! When i got my cat Molly from the pound as a kitten, i discovered that she was covered in fleas (on the drive back home, my ex was driving, i was holding Molly)...anyway, we took a detour to the vets office and the groomer gave her a flea bath. I just kept combing her and picking off the fleas as i found them. The flea bath really helped.

Awww thanks you guys! He's finally looking back to his good old self... well should I say was.... :) I got a really nice PM this morning saying how leaving the flea shampoo on could be very very dangerous.... and although I did get him rinsed off last nite.... I rinsed him off again this morning just because I wanted to make sure it was all gone! :yikes: Sooooooo he's back to looking like a drowned rat.... but may I add a very clean, good smelling and as far as I can see... FLEA free drowned rat... :yikes: He truelly is a handsom fella... Tucker is unsure if he likes him or not.... He likes to be there and keep his eye on him.... but he plays kinda rough.... hopefully getting him fixed tomorrow will help with that a little.

PIC'S COMMING UP AS SOON AS HE'S DRY!!!!!

Daisy,

Congrats on your new kitty! I never heard of getting a cat from Craig's List. But then again I've never gone there.

I recently adopted a "teenage cat" from the local mspca. Cost 100 dollars, which includes the neutering, shots and she even has the micro chip if she ever gets lost.

The former owners had her fixed and got all the shots and micro chip. and by the way, it's a great idea to get that if kitty is going to be an outdoors cat. Mine stays indoors.

I've had a few adjustment problems with her. She didn't like the type of kitty litter I got her.. so she started peeing on my bed, my son's bed.. omg. I almost brought her back to the pound!

I brought her to the vet, thinking she had some bladder problems. Because if she has pain while peeing in the litter box, she'll associate the pain with the box and try to go somewhere comfy,,, like a bed!

I changed the kitty litter back to the original clay.. and will gradually add the new stuff, which by the way is called "The best kitty LItter In the World" .. expensive but worth it. clumps, flushable, all natural from corn,, and no stink!!

And here too, if you have a cat that needs neutering and you didn't adopted it from the mspca,, it's about 200 bucks for the shots as well.

What happened to the days where we got free kittens on the side of the road in a cardboard box. Never got my cats shots, or neutered. They all lived. Haa!

Gee wiz, sorry about the fleas, poor kitty. My cat stays indoors.. no fleas!

Enjoy him.. meoww

Another cat lover,

Michelle

Daisy,

Congrats on your new kitty! I never heard of getting a cat from Craig's List. But then again I've never gone there.

I got MF on Freecycle..he was a freebie but I had to drive 30 min each way to get him.

Daisy, I know you said you can get the cat fixed on base but look online for animal welfare league in your state. (they dont have a national website, goes by cities, towns, and states) and see if they have the mobile spay/neuter clinic in your area. They have a camper that they set up in the morning (usually in a shopping center parking lot) and you drop the cat off and you pick them up in the afternoon. $35! (here in CT), $6 for a frontline treatment, and shots are included in the $35.

Can`t hurt.

Boy you are brave, bathing your kitties! All of you! The few times I tried bathing my kitties I looked like I had been to Viet Nam in the trenches! Cuts and scratches everywhere! More blood than I normally give to the Red Cross! Bandages helped but at work they thought Doug had beat me up! Do be careful! And lets see those pictures!

Wolfie

Wolfie, you've reminded me of the first time I tried to wash my cat. I was sixteen, and he was given to me by someone whose son had allergies, so he was a young cat, not a kitten. I must have had a brain glitch of some sort - I was going to take a shower, and thought - why not take the cat in the shower with me? I can't believe I was that stupid! So, I undressed, got the shower going, picked up the cat, and stepped in. I found out that cat claws can REALLY rip and tear skin as the cat goes flying up and over and down a body! I don't know which one of us was the most terrified! After that, I used a wipe on, wipe off cat shampoo/flea bath. I only bathed him, not any of the other cats that came later. He was white, and often came home with a streak of black car grease down his back, between the shoulder blades, where he just couldn't reach to clean himself. All our cats were outdoor cats then - now, our cats are indoors most of the time, and only go out in the back garden on leashes.

I'd sure check off base and see if you can find a vet. You might even call the local animal shelter and see who they might recommend. That's a lot for the neutering. When I brought my last boy in, the vet bill was just $100 -- that was for the neutering, treatment for worms (which is another thing you should check on with your baby!), treatment for a wound he suffered (which is what got him in the house..a nasty abcess!)... So I don't know specifically what the neutering was..but way less than $168!

I've only had to give a cat a bath once. The cat LOVED it. Stretched out and made sure I got him bathed EVERYWHERE. Took me a long time to get the fur off my tongue, though.

:) An old Steve Martin routine.. :yikes:

I've only had to give a cat a bath once. The cat LOVED it. Stretched out and made sure I got him bathed EVERYWHERE. Took me a long time to get the fur off my tongue, though.

:yikes: An old Steve Martin routine.. :yikes:

:)

Hugs

I changed the kitty litter back to the original clay.. and will gradually add the new stuff, which by the way is called "The best kitty LItter In the World" .. expensive but worth it. clumps, flushable, all natural from corn,, and no stink!!

We use that litter brand, and don't ever plan to touch anything else AGAIN. Yes, it's a wee bit pricy (we load up when it goes on special), but that flushable litter is IMHO the best invention since the Internet! :-)