10/28/07 What's One Thing You Want to Learn?

Minis On The Edge

Besides learning to keep my mouth shut and walking downstairs without falling? If I knew how to wire using both kinds of wiring methods I would have had my Pierce done long ago. It's waiting for Doug that is the holdup. He wants to do the wiring and doesn't want me around when he does it. Sigh. I too would like to learn how to make roof tiles out of paper clay, and how to make walls out of the clay as well. I see all these gorgeous houses with their stone facades, and I don't know how to do it! WAH!!!!!!!

Someone please come and live with jme for a while and teach me how to do all these things? I'll even cook!!!!!

Wolfie

:monkeydance:

Someone please come and live with jme for a while and teach me how to do all these things? I'll even cook!!!!!

Okay, I'll come up next summer if you haven't got it under control by then. We can distract Doug while I show you how to do the wiring, and together I'm sure we can use Tracy's tutorials and other examples to turn out some fantastic paper clay elements. :monkeydance:

I'd like tp learn another language, German or Russian. I know a very little German and it comes easy to me for some reason but I don't have anyone around like I used to to progress any further. I have a Berlitz screen saver in German and it's fun. In mini's I'd like to be able to miter crown moulding without ruining most of it.

Play the guitar. I bought an acoustic guitar when i was 19, it has followed me around the country as i have moved place to place. I'm now 40 and it's sitting in the basement, still haven't learned how to play it!

I'd also like to learn another language.

Only ONE thing? Since everyone else has listed LOTS of things...

learn how to hold my tongue

learn how to have someone say of me, "she plays well with others.." :monkeydance:

learn how to wire a dollhouse

learn how to make mini flowers and plants

I'd like tp learn another language, German or Russian. I know a very little German and it comes easy to me for some reason but I don't have anyone around like I used to to progress any further. I have a Berlitz screen saver in German and it's fun. In mini's I'd like to be able to miter crown moulding without ruining most of it.

Ich kann mit dir Deutsch sprechen!! Bitter, ich habe so viel Deutsch vergessen!

In my mini world I would love to learn to properly cut crown moulding & baseboard trim so that it fits properly & looks nice. This is my biggest hold up to completing the insides of dollhouses - I just can't seem to get the hang of it so that the trim pieces sit flush against each other & look nice.

In my everyday life I'd like to learn a another language well enough to speak it fluently.

I would like to learn enough home repair in full size to do the remodeling work our contractor bugged out on nearly 10 years ago & we still can't find another contractor willing to do it. Mostly plumbing & wiring, although cabinetry would be OK, too.

I'd like to learn how to sew better

I'd like to learn Japanese (I know a few words and can follow dialogue...a little)

on the unrealistic side: I'd like to learn to be invisible when the kids are being annoying