11/29/05 Shopping

Minis On The Edge

Hmm, for my own enjoyement or real gifts??? :lol: I think I will go with David's

20 % there, roughly.

Now if I only could find that illusive foamcore somewhere, that would be my Christmas present to myself LOL

Mini-hugs

I think I have done more shopping online than ever this past year myself for others and for me :lol: .

Anne, you could buy builders foam (I think it is called Boufoam where you are). At a hardware place that sell building materials. Some places even call it insulation board.

I may do some personal shopping online, Holiday gift shopping & materials for making gifts are done throughout the year in shops & stores.

You didn't ask, but my holiday shopping is usually done before Thanksgiving. I cannot stand the shopping frenzy until after Christmas.

I also like to shop early...and I dont usually shop online but for my oldest has requested hard to find items I will be forced to shop Amazon for them. other than the occasional visit to Miniatures.com I do not shop online.

nutti :lol:

The only Chritmas shopping I have done online is myself lol. I almost have all my Christmas shopping done. I went to Walmart today and I left at 9am and by the time 10 rolled around the PLACE was packed. Iam glad I got my 3 year olds things when I did kids in that age group section is BARE. I have to get the older kids stuff at Toys R US so going uptown I can stop in at Michales and AC Moores :lol:

Lyn :blink:

We're so far away from family that we've taken to sending money. That way they get what they want and we save on postage!!

Of course I do all my mini-shopping online!! :lol:

The past couple of years I've probably did 95% of my shopping online, but this year I'mnot sure, I, too am usually through by now but this year I can not come up with what to get for any, so gift certificates or money may be the main items. I know I don't have long to make up my mind, but it seems the grandkids already have so much stuff that it's hard to come up with any new ideas.

'

Peggi

I usually order something for hubby from the Irish Rose, but that's about it for christmas shopping on line. This year's Christmas is gonna be different too. I think the oldest two, who are both 21, need to have their christmas presents extremely slimmed down. So, if Jimmy disagrees, he can do their shopping himself...

I don't buy anything online for Christmas. Generally I prefer to go to the stores where I can touch everything and see how things look in "real". Only for hard to find items I search the internet. And I have to say I love shopping, going from one store to another, getting inspired by how stores are decorated... especially at Christmas. I love the atmosphere, the Christmas music, the bright lights, the fragrances... but I prefer to shop early too.

it seems the grandkids already have so much stuff that it's hard to come up with any new ideas.

I know what you mean, Peggi! Today we all have such a lot of things, we don't need anything in particular - it's not easy to find the right present for our beloved!

Peggi I agree with you on how much stuff kids aquire I just went through my sons romm and got rid of alot of things he has outgrown. Now I have to tackle the girls room. I only have gotten my kids there top items on there list.

Lyn

If I do online shopping, it is usually buying my present--this year Chris hasn't requested anything special, but Amanda wants another American Girl, and sometimes you get a good percentage off when shopping online for gifts of that nature. As for minis for myself, I will probably shop for them, or go to my favorite store like I usually do. I generally watch sales in the nearby area online, and compare shopping prices that way--so I can just drive to the store that has the best deal, so to speak. I have considerably slimmed the holidays down, and try to get people a present they need or can use, rather than something that will be stuffed in the closet, such as an apple peeler or cheese boards. :lol: