Path of Fear 2007

nuttiwebgal

every yr for the last 8 or 9 we have set up and run a home haunt

this yr is upon us!

today we spent putting props in place and tweaking the room decor.

my favorite room again this yr is the graveyard! it looks great.

tomorrow we will spend getting all the lighting and sound effects set up.

sooo Happy there was very little wind yesterday and the roof went on with very little effort.

so I will give you all a short version tour

this is what we look like from the outside. we use our Plastic yr after yr so all of it has someones handiwork somewhere....all of our names are in the haunt.

tomorrow I will edit and add a group photo of the monsters

post-9-1193717553_thumb.jpg

after the tunnel which is under our swingset platform you come to a popup and the noodle hallpost-9-1193718247_thumb.jpgfrom the noodle hall you enter the pool areapost-9-1193718201_thumb.jpg from there we head to the mirror room but first you have to go through our hallway of stripspost-9-1193717773_thumb.jpg

through the mirror room andd into our lazor room and than the graveyardpost-9-1193717673_thumb.jpgpost-9-1193717729_thumb.jpg

after they graveyard we enter another hall where we have a floating head and a werewolf cage and our 7ft robo guy and than the kill roompost-9-1193718137_thumb.jpg

you can see Catriona adding blood where its needed. the bench and chair will be removed and a fog machine will be going....with strobes

its going to be good!

if all of our actors show up.

think of me tomorrow and Wed....I am going to be soooo busy!

Happy Halloween!

nutti :wave:

Oh that looks like so much fun.!! I wish someone around here did something like that.! Timmy wants to go to a haunted house so bad but I dont think he will make it and the cheapest one around here was $15.00 each person!!!

Have Fun.!!! and I hope this haunt is the best !!!!

Kellee

MWWWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Happy Halloween Lynette...hope all goes frighteningly in your haunted house!!! I said it last year and will say it again...wish I could be there!!! Have fun and can't wait to see more pics!!

Well we survived the run through

we had 45 guest and several repeats! we got off to a late start due to the electrics!

it usually happens.

dean is sooo busy and its hard to get it all finished on time....but because we do a run through this will be avoided tomorrow ! we hope

tonights photo is from the lazor room because the fog machine drowned the graveyard about the time we wanted to take a photo.

post-9-1193800419_thumb.jpg

no Im not in the photo because I take all the photos of my guys!

tomorrow I will take photos of each person in their place.....we had 2 newcomers and they had a great time and got some good scares!

I miss you guys!

nutti :)

So Lynette...what was the body count? hehehehe

Time for me to go outside and take down all the Halloween decorations..I am glad it is on the warmish side today..61 deg F at 8am.

WHEW!

I sure am glad that is over!

OMG! we were non stop last night

267 with nooo repeats!

we had one break for the monsters only because we had a wall go down.

other than that is was busy till 10 pm....we usually close at 9:30 but they were still in the street at that time....

we had 1 pair of verified peed pants....but LOTS of scares

we had people comming out crying... grown folks here not kidos!

it was CRAZY!

so this yr in the 2 nights we did over 300

our biggest yr yet!

we also made enough in donations to pay for Pizza.

and that is always a big Plus for us!

I am very wore out but its all good!

and for the first time ever I am included in the group photo

usually I take the photo but this yr Catriona set up her tripod and set my camera timmer and waaalaaaa all of us involved are in the photo!

post-9-1193943048_thumb.jpg

I hope everyone had as good a time on Halloween as we did!

resting in MO

nutti :flowers:

Hi there Nutti and wow what a Halloween it must have been in "your neck of the woods"! Yep, I am envious and soooo wish I had been there, I bet that would have made two verified.... :flowers:

Hugs

we would love to have you here Anna!

we worked with a crew of 14 and the haunt could have easily held 20

next yr will be our last....10 yrs is long enough!

it will grow once more as we are going to also utilize our back shed into the haunt

we have always used it as a game room our pool table is down there...so its big with 2 doors

one for in and one for OUT

soooo next yr it will NOT be free to the general public gonna charge $1 donation for each person...of course we will accomodate the pre-K group as always....gonna plan something special for them....not sure what yet.

also going to make a float for the annual Maple Leaf Parade for all the kids to ride on.

and Robo Guy.....I feel like if its the last yr Everyone should get to see Deans greatest creation.

I am soo wore out! LOL

:(:cheer:

nutti :flowers:

Awwww!!! But I can certainly understand you taking time out from such a labour, yes a labout of love, but still a LOT of work involved!

And as for the visit, who knows huh???? Wonders actually happen at times, and as it seems Halloween will once again happen when school is out, and I will be able to put in for some more time of next year as I am puttin in about a week and a half extra in working hours this year due to an in-training course.... :flowers: One can dream right?!?

Hugs and you take it easy and rest now dear!