For those who celebrate....

heidiiiii

Tomorrow is the big day for your lil creatures to don their disguises and trek out for cavity inducing goodies! Are they going trick or treating? Maybe joining in on a parade? (i wrote this cause it angered me to no end) Going to the local mall to get their treats? A ghoulish Halloween party?

We all know what Lynette is going to be doing (we want pics girl!) but I wondered what you all were going to do.

Natalie is going treating with her friend. They are taking the friend`s siblings trick or treating in the neighborhood.

Chelsea is either going to go to the showing of Rocky Horror (they had to cancel the showing cause of weather) or a Halloween party.

Fred is working (drat!) so it will be my duty to pass out candy so my house doesnt get tricked!

Let us see what you lil ones will be dressing up like..I love to see that!

Trick or Treat

The high school kids here will not be dressing in costume as they have in years past. Last year some of the kids went over the top with skimpy clothing, fishnet stockings, etc. Instead of setting guidelines for appropriate dress, the powers that be simply erased the tradition.

Good letter, Heidi ... don't you get the impression that such changes are mainly to simplify life for the staff?

No Kathie, Our board of ed wouldnt do it for the staff.(as seen by the conditions of the schools). The parade always happens at the end of the day..after the parade all the kids would go to their classrooms and then it was dismissal time. Someone somewhere didnt like it so they banished it. I am not the only one who is bothered by this. My suggestions are actually valid.

They got rid of school plays, the elementary school basketball team, now this. What is next? Field day?

The high school kids here will not be dressing in costume as they have in years past. Last year some of the kids went over the top with skimpy clothing, fishnet stockings, etc. Instead of setting guidelines for appropriate dress, the powers that be simply erased the tradition.

They did the same in the school district where my niece and nephew go; K-12 = no more halloween costumes at school. The rumor I heard was that a couple of parents (and one school administrator) complained that encouraging a pagan holiday was showing intolerance for those who don't celebrate. So a district wide policy was set into place - no more halloween at school. :wave:

I remember the Halloween parade, we used to walk up the street to the corner , Cross the street and go back down the other side of the street and back to school.! I loved that.!

So now they no longer do that.

There is a fall fest but no Thanksgiving party.(Each classroom used to cook a dish) and we would all go the the cafeteria and sample the different dishes.)

No Christmas anymore... they have a season party but NO talk of Santa, elves, or anything remotely related.

NO Valentines Day.

No Saint Patricks day.!

NO EASTER activities, they have a spring party but no Easter Bunny!!!

It is very sad.!!

The schools have taken away alot from the children that used to be the highlights to me as a kid.!

Kellee

Tomorrow night we are going Trick or Treating.!!! The boys take their buckets, I carry 2 bags with me.! One to dump it all in when it gets too heavy for them. and the other bucket is for the candy that I know the giver.!

My Neice is coming to Trick or treat with us this year as well as A friend of mines children!

So we will have my 2 boys, my neice,My BIL & my friends 3 children!! I am going to try to get pics of all of them together.!!

I will need a drink after this one.!

For Dinner I make:

worms on a bun:

cut hot dogs long ways in 4s. Boil the hot dogs, Serve on a bun with

ketchup.

bat wings and guts.:

black tortilla chips with salsa.

Applesauce ( could not figure out a name.)

applesauce with yellow & red food coloring turns the applesauce orange.

Sewer float.

Root bear float with food coloring, and gummy worms draped over the

side.!

Cat litter cake.!

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/desse...littercake.html

Kellee

Wah! I miss the kids on halloween! Doug and I will do our usual. We will have dinner and eat all the candy that we bought for the kids that don't come out in the woods on Halloween! Our street is too remote and too dark and too full of lions and tigers and bears!

Wolfie

;) Well, my son's kindergarten is going to be at a pumpkin patch all day so he won't go in his costume as it would get ruined, but after school we'll dress him up and then we all (my son, sister and I) will hit the outlet mall and then trick or treat our rural neighborhood. Hopefully all the houses will be ready, it would break his heart if it's a bust. He's going as Darth Vader, I'm going as a purple witcha nd my sister will most likely be a witch or use my old spiderlady costume, she hasn't decided what yet. :) It will be a fun night tho', our family always did halloween up tot he best of our abilities. It is a huge shame that kids today can't really enjoy it like us older kind did. ;) All this over PC crud is ruining my son's childhood, if someone doesn't like Halloween, ignore it but let the rest of us enjoy it. :(

I know I am a bit early because technically it isnt Halloween until nightfall (or that is how I was brought up to believe) but.....

arg_jack_o_scream_frightfully_fun_url.gif

Ohhh, have a great Halloween you too, and for us, we are slowly closing in on the dusk, it has been a bit of a grey day over here so it is really great mood setting!!!!

I am hoping for some trick or treaters coming round this year as well, have the candy prepared and am on my way home in a little while, just had to check in here first though...

:thumb: Hugs to all! :lol:

What goodies do you have to pass out Anna? Everyone?

We have kit kat bars, reese`s pb cups, and milky way bars. We each are going to take 2 of each for ourselves and the rest will go to the kids. I dont want that candy in the house after tonite!

We also do not have halloween in schools here. They have a harvest celebration. Someone complained about the pagan holiday also.

I will take pics of the front yard (full graveyard) We did not put out even half of the usual stuff this year due to time issues. We are going to rebuild the whole thing next year with a covered walkway and new tombstones and coffins. The fence is falling apart (we've had it 20 years) and it has been repaired so much that it won't repair any more.

I set out coffee and cider and mini donuts every year. People know that we are 'safe' and let the kids have the food we set out (so they don't ask for candy before it gets checked). Plus who would not want an 'arsenic, cyanide, or mud covered donut'?

We keep a variety of candy bars called "Plop" They are a milkchocolate candy bar with a caramale filling, and "Kexchoklad" also milk chocolate layered with sweet crackers and then fully dipped in the chocolate again) and small (factory selaed) bags with "chewy" fruit flavoured or liqourice flavoured. And if there aren't as many takers as there are candy items we will bring them over to my PIL over the weekend as my FIL has a serious sweet tooth LOL

Hugs

The kitkats are calling me....

Heidi..we are lonely!

We want to join the salad you had for lunch...

Heid...eat me!

No one will know..

I am sitting here after cleaning the entire kitchen top to bottom (i swear i have never cleaned this much in one morning in years and I am going to pay for it tomorrow).

Nervous energy waiting to find out who won the big prize!

The kitkats are calling me....

Heidi..we are lonely!

We want to join the salad you had for lunch...

Heid...eat me!

No one will know..

I am sitting here after cleaning the entire kitchen top to bottom (i swear i have never cleaned this much in one morning in years and I am going to pay for it tomorrow).

Nervous energy waiting to find out who won the big prize!

LOL, don't I know the energy!!! I really ought to get cracking with the preparation of the dinner.... ANd I am not even looking at that candy as I am toooo interested in other things :thumb:

Hugs

first off happy halloween every one

I was also very upset when i had heard the holliday activities were being taken out of the schools around here kids are having there childhood taken away. when i was alittle girl every xmas season my prinpal would dress as santa and all the kids would go up on the stage and visit with santa when i went to school this kids that did not belive in our holidays or belived in something else just stayed in class with a teacher its not fair for the kids today its really sad.infact my princepal also dressed as a easter bunny on easter he was such a fun princpal i heard a few years later after i left the school he quite and retired early because they told him his school and him could no longer do the holliday things that we hadd done for years.

as far as what im doing tonight me and jason(my hubby) will be taking my two sisters out like we do every year ones going as a gothic vampiress and the other is going as a greek goddes. even know we wont be home we did the porch up really neat i'll take pics tonight so every one can see.i have a bowl of candy i set out for the trick or treaters.

Were giving out resses.,butterfingers,snikers,hershys,and a bag of mixed things like lolly pops and stuff like that

have fun everyone.

Halloween is not PC??? Well, ok, but just because some don't like it, does that mean EVERYONE has to give it up to satisfy a few? Why can't everyone celebrate what they want, and the people who don't subscribe to that particular belief/holiday just ignore it and go about their daily routine???

Sorry...don't get me started...

Personally, I plan to retire to the couch at 9pm with a vat of popcorn and watch the Ghost Hunters all nighter...well, at least as long as I can stay up...I do have to work tomorrow!!!

Ray and I just got back from Renee and Shalean's school. Each year on October 31st, right after lunch the children all participate in a Halloween parade. This year Renee dressed as a pirate and Shalean as a devil.

- Susanne

Susanne they are so adorable. :thumb:

We just finished our trick or treating about an hour ago. Now I have all this candy sitting here going 'eat me' ;) . Amber is the one who went because Chris thought that he was to old, except when we went to Grandma's then he got a bag and loaded it up :lol: .

Then of course I had to have a picture of both of them :spoton:

Chris thinks his shirt is so cool and perfect for Halloween :thumb: .

All in all a pretty good day. :salute: