MIA

lumberjacksgurl

Hi there everyone....I got a quick get out of my bed jail card so I am posting here :)

I came down to Vancouver for a test and a doc appt. regarding baby. Unfortunatly, my plane ride home was hijacked by the docs here :S I am in hospital over 1000 km from my home! I have no idea of how long I will be held hostage, could be months possibly, so I will be out of the loop so to speak.

I may even end up in Seattle they tell me for the balance of my pregnancy...OH JOY, nothing against you americans but I live in northern CANADA!! So everything is in a real upheaval right now. Baby is not growing, he has fallen three weeks behind over the last month and my BP is very high. Right now they are really trying to fix my mirade of probs to help support him staying in utero as he would not yet survive outside, he is tooo tiny.

So hi everyone......and I hope that I will soon have my laptop down here (next week) and I can talk to everyone once again soon. I feel sooooooo isolated right now with no family nearby during this crisis. Cross your fingers or whatever you do for my little man if you would...he needs a little extra that he is not getting from me right now.

((hugs to all)))

My thoughts and prayers are for you and the little one Michelle! Remember that you need to rest right now so both of you can survive! You take care. You are not far from our thoughts.

Hugs and love,

Wolfie

Hey there - you will have such a story to tell this boy when he's growing up! I'm so sorry you have been abducted and that the little guy is lagging behind a bit. Try to take it easy, and not to worry too much. (Easy for me to say.) Do everything the docs ask, and don't even think about the world outside you and the baby. You know you have our undivided support and good wishes! I will concentrate even more on my especially healing thoughts for you and Little One. Thanks for sneaking time to give us this update.

{{{{{{{{{{BIG, WARM, GENTLE HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Hey there - you will have such a story to tell this boy when he's growing up!

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading! He will love to hear the stories of the "trouble" he caused Mama to get here! And what she went through to keep him strong.

I am so sorry to hear about the distance from your home and family right now. That has got to be so hard. Hopefully the time will fly for you, while giving little man a chance to catch up on some growing.

Def. do as the docs say, and rest. But I imagine that laptop will also help the days pass more quickly for you, and then you can keep in touch with your "Greenleaf family" more. :)

Lots of hugs, prayers, and positive energy headed up North for you and baby!

Oh Michelle, I will have you and your lil one in my thoughts and prayers.

I`ll pray he stays in the oven for 40 weeks! (32 weeks at the least). Putting the baby`s issues aside for a moment...You must be going stark raving mad being on bedrest..in the hospital.

Do you have some mini magazines? How is the food? I hope the time you spend in their just flys by and in the end you have a beautiful baby boy. (and NO stretch marks!)

If you anyone has the address to where Michelle is, I would love to send some well wishes. Pm me if you do.

If you anyone has the address to where Michelle is, I would love to send some well wishes. Pm me if you do.

Ditto ... would like to send well wishes along with prayers for all concerned ... Michelle, Baby Boy, their family, and the medical staff in charge.

Hey sweetie!!! Why did you have to be way over there? If you had been hijacked closer to me I would have come to see you. Geez. You rest and take care. Here is another silly joke to make you smile (or want to throw something at me)

What is the best way to transport a dollhouse???

In a minivan!!

Michelle just take it easy and rest.. We will be here when you get home or when the laptop arrives... Please know you have many prayers coming your way..

Watch those craft shows if you get HGTV lol and of course the food shows on Food Network to help pass the time..

Then there is always those great soaps :thumb:

Am thinking of you, sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way! And I wished I were closer so that I could come visit you and help you negotiate some mini-ing time with those hijackers of yours!

Lots of lots of gentle hugs to you and the lil' fella!

Here is for him staying as long as he possible can with you and growing as fast as he possibly can there as well!

While being hijacked isn't great, it is better that they are watching you so closely. You couldn't be in a better place right now for either you or babuns. I am so sorry you are having a bad time, we need our family & friends when things aren't great. So you will just have to "feel" all our prayers, and positive thoughts coming your way. As a prem's grandma, they can do absolutlely miraclous things for these little guys, so try not to worry too much. Lots of hugs

Shirley

I will keep you in my thoughts and wish you all the best. I know how hard this can be. I want to a routine OB visit and ended up spenting the last 6 weeks (21-27weeks) of my last pregnancy in the hospital. Nothing to do but eat (which I was mostly not allowed to do) and get poked at and my favorite getting woken up at 5 am to get weighted. The baby was fine through out, but I was very sick and finally he wanted OUT. In the end being in a hospital with a NICU was the best thing that could have happened. In the end I got a tiny but healthy and determined baby and I also recovered. See if there is a support group with other hospital bed rest moms you can join. SOmetimes they will even bring you a laptop. I spent lots of time chatting on the computer and it did make the time go by.

Just a quick update.........while there was some hope I could go home for a week until the baby was more viable that has now been squashed and I am now here for the duration.

They found a couple more things with me that still need to be fixed and the surgery that I had 2 weeks ago was essentailly ruined so I may have to have another!! Time will tell however over the next days as more docs are involved ( I saw 7 of them yesterday alone!!)

Had another ultrasound today, blood flow and amniotic fluid are still good. As soon as that changes however he will be sectioned out of me. I am now having daily non stress tests and ultrasounds atleast twice a week.

MY BP has lowered being on bedrest but is still marginal. They have put me on hparin as well to decrease my risk of a stroke.

So all in all, things are going relatively well. I am so thankful to feel every kick and punch or to hear his heatbeat every time they check (6 times a day). The risk of baby's spontaneous death is still very high but things seem to be going in his favor for the time being.

I will have my laptop in a couple days and will beable to take some time and catch up with everyone then. I will PM KathieB with the name of my hosp. Thanks for the support everyone!!!!