Making Paper towel blankets

Minis On The Edge

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I printed it on the setting of regular paper, with "normal" ink. I did not think to change the setting (Duhhh) I have printed two so far with regular paper setting. This is an All in one Printer, copier, scanner thingy :lol:

• 8 months later...

Cat made one and HERS is draped over something. I'll go look for a picture now!

Here is the link. It's the Blanket laying over the chair

Here is another view of hers. SHe tried this after I posted this and it shows it really does work great!

The rug and quilt look fantastic! I would love to have a hanging tapestry - do you think the texture on the paper towel would spoil the "tapestry" effect? Any ideas on what would be a good surface to print on?

Hmmm ... I can easily find ladies' hankies - I have a stash already, and they are plentiful in thrift shop here, but I haven't seen men's. Mind you, I haven't been looking! Thanks for the tip, I shall be on the lookout now. :o

I have heard of people folding the dryer sheets and tying a pretty ribbon around them. Once they're placed in a shelved cupboard, they look like blankets. I've never heard of anyone printing on them. Have any of you tried it?

Hmmm ... I can easily find ladies' hankies - I have a stash already, and they are plentiful in thrift shop here, but I haven't seen men's. Mind you, I haven't been looking! Thanks for the tip, I shall be on the lookout now. :o

he he he... You can find the ladies hankies because they are decorative and LADIES don't snotty all over them. The men's hankies get all GROSSSSSS so they have to throw them away! :D :lol:

sorry... couldn;t resist that!

The bedding on the Coventry cottage bed (Coventry blog), Miss Nellie's apron (Dolls album), the kitchen curtains in the Cambridge (Dollhouses album) & I don't think the diningroom chair seats show up, the bargello "flame" stitched piano seat in the McKinley album...

The bedding on the Coventry cottage bed (Coventry blog), Miss Nellie's apron (Dolls album), the kitchen curtains in the Cambridge (Dollhouses album) & I don't think the diningroom chair seats show up, the bargello "flame" stitched piano seat in the McKinley album...

Great stuff, Holly! I'm learning so much from all your ideas...you have such a great imagination and inventive way of doing things!

I went to the dollar store and was able to buy a package of 3 hankies that have small flowers on them. For $1.

They will be used for sheets and pillowcases.

I just love this idea and tried it yesterday.....but I jammed the printer. Is there a trick to it? I have an HP Photo printer that loads on the bottom. Maybe you can only do it with a top loading printer.