Making Paper towel blankets

Minis On The Edge

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be build up in your printer that is keeping the towel from feeding through evenly. That happens to me occasionally even with regular paper, so I give my printer a blast of canned air every now and then.

There might be build up in your printer that is keeping the towel from feeding through evenly. That happens to me occasionally even with regular paper, so I give my printer a blast of canned air every now and then.

Thanks I'll try that :o

• 2 months later...

Wow I can't believe all these things I am learning here. Makes me want to get my printer working again. Did you know that if your grand daughter fills your printer with rice Krispies it will stop working :dry:

Oh well , maybe Santa will bring m a new one for Christmas this year :thumb:

Wow I can't believe all these things I am learning here. Makes me want to get my printer working again. Did you know that if your grand daughter fills your printer with rice Krispies it will stop working :dry:

Oh well , maybe Santa will bring m a new one for Christmas this year :thumb:

Ouch! :D Rice Krispies? In the printer?! Did she think it was hungry? (Feed the printer?)

Oh, and I am careful with the canned air :teehee:

I have always been to cheap to use my printer for color. I was so impressed with the picture of Tracy's rug that I printed one in black and white. I am definately going to have to buy a color cartridge. Thanks for the great idea!! Pam

As a quilter, I love the idea of having quilts in my houses. My mother made me one for my childhood house, but I don't have the patience for the tiny stitches it would take to make the number I would want. I can't wait to try this idea. Thanks for it!

I just tried to print a quilt on a 2-ply paper towel (Shaw's brand but similar to Bounty), and it worked. Here is a picture assuming I did this correct. I like the design of the quilting on the 2-ply with the quilt.

Oh well , maybe Santa will bring m a new one for Christmas this year :ph34r:

Nope didnt know that :lol: hehe, rice crispies ehhh, hmm might give for an intereting "filling " effect when printing perhaps?

Hopefully there will be a replacement in the near future then ;)

Hear's for hoping! :)

Hugs

wow what an idea. I sure will try that. my mother made me a quilt about 10 years ago. I wish she was around to make me more. now I know I have to learn to do this.

both of you have done a beautiful job on the quilts.

Maybe someday I'll learn how to post a picture.

Beth

Wow, that is a beautiful quilt! No-one would guess it started life as a paper towel. :thumb: Great job!

Thanks, my mother made it and won a second place ribbon in a quilt show many years ago with it.

My printer is an ink jet. Epson CX5400--one of the printer, scanner, photocopier deals. The best part is the ink is suppose to be fade resistant.

Here is what I did this morning.

I have a HP All-In-One Office Jet printer. I used scotch tape and a used piece of 8.5" x 11" plain paper. I taped one end of a 6" x 11" (we use the choose-a-size, Brawny I think) to the center edge of the paper. Placed it face down in the paper tray, like mine feeds a mailing label, with the taped end in first.

I chose a print a label program from my software and placed a rug I made from clipart and a picture mat, saved as a jpg on every other label down the center of the labels. I got a wonderful little door mat. I'm sure the paper towel is 2 ply, I didn't think about that before I started the project, but it worked VERY well. Can't wait to try it for more things.

You can find lots of quilts to print if you do a Google search for quilts (or amish quilts) and click Images, instead of Web.

Thank you for starting this idea going. I'll add the clipart to this post, if I can remember how.

post-704-1161191334_thumb.jpg