Did anyone else watch......

heidiiiii

Last night I was getting ready to give up on tv all together and either go to sleep or read a book. I flipped and was rewarded on Vh-1.

They showed a 2 hour documentary (new) on The Who with NO COMMERCIALS.

(see I watch all kinds of different stuff..not just junk).

Just wondered if anyone else saw it? Dh and I were singing along to the songs...LOL

Here is a little clip.

I watched both The Who documentary and the show that followed about the making of their album, "Who's Next." It was great seeing these shows, as the Who have always been so amazing and one of my all time favorite bands. Speaking of one of my favorite bands, now I want to win the VH-1 contest for tickets to see the Led Zeppelin reunion in London.

TIVOed it so I could stay ahead of commercials but then no commercials! I bet it will be repeated a couple of times in the next few weeks. We were kid-less and had a couple of glasses of wine. I told DH a funny bong story, I would love to tell it here, it's related to my long following and (mostly imaginary) history with the band... A while back I tried to tell a Cheney joke here and D**k (as in first name) was edited.

John Entwistle is the reason I play the bass. Didn't see it, but it sounds great. The Who are, IMNSHO, the greatest rock band of all time. The Kids are Alright is an essential addition to any DVD collection.

I actually dropped a large offer on a Warwick Buzzard bass (designed by Entwistle) but the seller wanted more. Reason I wasn't willing to go up? While John designed the bass for Warwick he rarely played the Warwick version, they licensed the design to Status Graphite, and Entwistle played them almost exclusively. If the counter offer was for the Status bass, it would be here now.

They will most definitely repeat it but you wont get it with no commercial interuptions the next time.

It is playing this Wednesday (11/7) at 12pm EST on Vh-1. Doesnt say which Vh-1 channel (i have a few on my cable provider). It is saying it is 2 hours long and that is how long the commerical free one was so maybbbee it is. I hope so because they have to show the whole thing. It was good as is.

So set your Dvrs or Vcrs at the ready.