Man, it feels like I got hit by a truck!

Annette

When I woke up this morning it felt like my head was going to explode. I'm so stuffed up, my sinuses hurt, my throat is scratchy I generally feel like crap. I just want to go crawl back into bed, but I have to sit and work with the kids so I'm drinking some hot tea and hopefully that will help.

Does anyone else feel a cold coming on yet? And what do you do for it to make yourself feel better until it's gone?

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Annette. It is that season and I am dreading it. For relief of the symptoms, I try anything and everything. I have found success in gargling salt water to relieve a sore throat. Hot liquids also seem to help me, but my choice is coffee. Or soup..that is good too. When/if you have an opportunity, just recline on the couch and veg out. Let your body rest and soon you will be feeling better. Warmest get well {{{Hugs}}} to you.

Well I guess it's official cold and flu season. My son also woke up sick.. same symptoms. He was a trooper and went to school. He doesn't want to miss one day. Not that he loves school,, he just wants that award at the end of the yr for perfect attendance.

So.. that means I'll be getting sick too. With him sneezing and touching door knobs and such, no matter how I make him wash his hands, germs are flying around everywhere. Uggghhh!!!!

Annette, take multi vitamins, extra C, drink lots of fluids.. and of course Chicken soup.

Stay in bed if you can.

Ok, running to the store for cold medicine, tissues, and Lysol to disinfect my house!!!

Sorry to hear you're under the weather Annette. I just over being sick. Started like that with a sore throat, throbing headache, stuffed sinuses and then ended up in my chest. Finally went to the doctor and he said I had fluid in my ears too. Took my 10 days of antibiotics and slowly started to get better. Sorry to say it took 3 weeks. Still have the morning cough a bit. Hopefully you'll get better quicker then I did. :giggle:

I woke up sick the last week of September with what seemed like a head cold. 2 weeks later (Still sick) but it had turned into a cough. Finally last week I went to the doctor and was told I had walking Pneumonia :) I will be on antibiotics until Friday (The day before my show) :)

really take care of yourself. I wish I had taken better care of myself and rested early on. I had to do things for everyone else though SO, once again Mommy, take care of yourself. It's important!

*spraying Lysol on the computer monitor*

Keep it the heck away from me!

I am very surprised though *knock on formica* that Natalie hasnt brought any scurge to our house yet. Maybe high schoolers are cleaner? ROFL I just made a funny.

I hope you get better real soon. Crank up the electric blanket, seize the remote, and force family/friends to be your tea servants!

I'm sick too with about the same symptons. I hate turning over at night to drain the other side of the nose. Gross. I have now reached the hacking cough stage. According to my DH, I am the loudest cougher on the planet. I teach school and it like being in a giant petri dish. The kids walk up to my desk blow their nose over me and touch all my stuff. Then they say "I'm sick." I wish I could myself in a giant bubble at work. I tried that Airborne stuff, but it usually doesn't help me. Get better soon.

I have it too...in the throat, swollen glands. Yuck

What really, really, no lie works is the powder from Trader Joes called "Very Green". It changes ones chemistry to a more alchaline (sp?) as opposed to acidic, thereby making your body a more hostile place for nasty things to live in.

Trust me you'll feel better within a couple of days of 3X's a day! (I got the tip from my wholistic chiropractor)

Drink tea with honey for the sore throat, chicken soup, chicken broth, any and all fluids, get some rest, get plenty of sleep. Wake up feeling better! Sorry you don't feel well.

Wolfie

I did like uses the "Shower Soothers" by Vick's . You put the big tablet in the shower and it vaporize as you shower and open up those clogs in the nose :) I also used the none electric vapor plugs for kids. It runs by batteries and it runs for 8 hours. It really helped me.

Feeling a bit better this morning, DH bought me some cold medicine that helped with my sinuses so now I can breathe (a little). I think with a bit more rest and the medicine I should be over this soon.

I hate being sick. :)