Leaving For Vacation!!!

SallyG

Well, it's finally time for us to leave on vacation tomorrow morning! My husband and I have been trying to get away for ages and finally decided to go to Florida for a couple of weeks and get some warm weather and relaxation.

His sister lives in Lake Worth, his brother lives in Palm City, and his cousin has a house in the Keys, so we'll be bouncing around from place to place visiting everyone! Plus, his sister is having a big family reunion next Saturday since there are lots of new members of the family (spouses & children).

We have a kitty sitter, we're all packed, and ready to roll in the morning!

We get back Tuesday before Thanksgiving and were planning to go to my son and fiancee's house for Thanksgiving since my husband actually does not have to work this year on Thanksgiving day. However, she just found out that the family she works for (she's an estate manager) wants her to fly down to the Bahamas for a week to work. (Darn!) My son called and told us, and said he was disappointed he'd have to spend Thanksgiving alone! (hint, hint) I told him not to worry..he could come to our house for dinner.

Sooo, we get back on Tuesday, I work Wednesday, then have to rush to the grocery store and stock up on Thanksgiving fixings, then rush home and clean, then cook all day Thursday. Oh, well....I'm happy to do it...so many Thanksgivings he's been overseas with the Marines...and now he's out and I have him all to myself on Thanksgiving Day!!!

Oh Sally, Lucky you to be going on vacation. And just in time, it's getting pretty chilly these days. I love Florida, Have been to Key West, What a good time that was. If you get that far, be sure to check out the Hemingway house. Lots of cats there too! They roam all over the place!

And how nice to have your son for Thanksgiving.

I hope you have a marvelous time. Take lots of photos!!!

Michelle