My first handmade item

MichelleG

I finished the bed. Made from scrap wood, coffee stirers and skewers. This is an exact replica of my own bed. Sorry it's blurry, used my webcam.

It's in my gallery. I still don't know how to upload pics into the threads. oh wait, maybe I did it.

Wendy, how'd I do??

post-2388-1195009145_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh, I forgot to put on the slats to hold the mattress!! Ok, doing it right now. Tomorrow I'll make a mattress out of foam and see what I can come up with for bedding. I asked my mom for a pair of her "bloomers" to make a sheet set. lol. Well.. they are bigger than mine... Much!!!! And the cotton print on them will be perfect. She's thinks I've lost my mind w/ all this mini stuff. Haaa! If she only knew, (I lost it a very long time ago!)

You did great on your first project, Michelle! I love the fact that you made a replica of your own bed - there's inspiration around all of our own homes, if we but look! I'm sure Mom's bloomers will make a very pretty bedding set, even if she does think you're a little weird!