Two new additions

stantilda

My husband and I moved into a new house in September along with our four cats. Immediately, we noticed two small cats that we thought were about six months old, hanging around. They were pretty skinny and we started feeding them. They awere pretty firendly, too. I swore they were not going to be our new pets. We already have four! However, we kept worrying about them. One, who we call J.J. or Jester junior because she looks like our cat Jester, had a chunk missing out of her leg. My husband's talked me into taking them in. And I quote, "We have four, how is six any different?" Such suckers.

So now we have J.J. and Usher who we thought initially were both boys. Nope, both girls. Usher is named after Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher. I dropped the girls off last week to spayed. The vet called a few hours later, which scared me. Apparently, Usher was already spayed! We have no idea where she came from. No neighbors were missing a kitty. The cats are also older than we thought. They may even already be a year old. They just look so tiny next to our other kitties. Maybe that is because they are so fat.

The girls are making themselves at home. I swear no more kitties.... of course how different is seven and six?

post-2078-1195081082_thumb.jpg post-2078-1195081268_thumb.jpg

Yeah,, what's 2 more?? ( you softy) Reminds me of the lady on my street growing up who had a house full of cats. The "Cat Lady"' When she passed away, they found like 40 cats in and around the house. oh my!

Amy, you're the next Cat lady!!

I'm glad you took in the kitties. I'm with doogster the more the merrier!

The black and white kitty looks a lot like my beautiful Marmie. Marmie was found as a tiny kitten along with her 3 littermates in a field about to be bush hogged. I bottle fed Marmie and one of her littermates. the other 2 were cared for by a friend.

Finally someone who thinks like me. I figure once you get 3 it will not make a difference anymore. 2 of anything is easy and you don't even notice them. If you have 3 - you may as well have 10. More to love and get love from. Worried about the vet bills? Pffft. Vacations are overrated anyway.....

Well you just couldn't leave them out in the cold - I know I couldn't! They are precious little babies though, no matter how old they are. I wonder if they were abandoned or kicked out. Cats will generally go where they know they will be cared for. Poor babies......they sure will be spoiled rotten! What's one more?! Another loving baby that is what's more.

Wolfie

Ppfffttt! You're so funny! :) I know the feeling...I'd take 'em all in too. They really do go where they know they will be loved, and that says alot of good stuff about you.

They are super cute kitties! Congratulations on the new family members!

I have one who has "adopted us" too but he won't acclimate into the house with the other "babies" so, he live outside. (It's warm here...don't worry :xmas_tree:) I too am a big sucker!

They have acclimated very well and the other babies are dealing with it. We had a nasty opossum in our shed and I think that may be what attaked JJ. Luckily, her hair is growing back nicely and she healed well. We caught Usher just before she was going into the shed where the Opossum was hiding. I cringe thinking about what would have happened. She now snuggles us in bed every night. We never need more than a sheet and quilt with all the kitties to keep us warm. Thank goodness I maries a cat person!