New with some questions :p

UVsaturated

I bought a Garfield model half assembled and it is also coming apart at the seams, so I will surely be disassembling it and putting it all back together.

However, even though it was a steal for $40, it came with all the schematics and no instructions. Aggggggghhhhhh!!

My question is (as I was hoping to find a download here), is when is the Garfield plans going to be posted in the download section or, how much does it cost if I call the Greenleaf Co. and order a copy??

If it seems too pricey I may just offer to trade some stuff if anyone has an old copy they are finished with.

Thanks,

Ben

Dayton, OH

I bought a Garfield model half assembled and it is also coming apart at the seams, so I will surely be disassembling it and putting it all back together.

However, even though it was a steal for $40, it came with all the schematics and no instructions. Aggggggghhhhhh!!

My question is (as I was hoping to find a download here), is when is the Garfield plans going to be posted in the download section or, how much does it cost if I call the Greenleaf Co. and order a copy??

If it seems too pricey I may just offer to trade some stuff if anyone has an old copy they are finished with.

Thanks,

Ben

Dayton, OH

When I called and got a set of instructions for The Washington, they charged me $8. It was well worth it to me.

Hello :D

The Garfield is a gorgeous house, good luck with it!

~Jeni

It is a neat looking house. I checked out your gallery. That is about what I am doing, a rehab except my house is literally falling apart. After I get enough posts, I will start a gallery for you to see. Every time I pick the house up something else falls off it. LOL. It is going to take a lot of TLC to get her into shape.

Hi and welcome. I haven't built the Garfield but it sure is a great house. I see that you have looked around. Isn't amazing what skills people have on here! I am sure that you will find alot on here to keep you busy. People are so helpful so if you have questions just ask and someone will have the answers.

That is about what I am doing, a rehab except my house is literally falling apart. After I get enough posts, I will start a gallery for you to see. Every time I pick the house up something else falls off it. LOL. It is going to take a lot of TLC to get her into shape.

Yep yep.... having the same problem with the Pierce! Every time I move it something else goes. I looked in your gallery expecting about the same.. trim falling off, railings, pieces of porch... but not half the house! LOL You have quite a bit of work to do, but it's going to be beautiful!

Hello, Ben, and welcome! It appears that you have a real challenge ahead. Is the disintegration related to the kind of glue that was used? You may want to take it back to sticks and start over, as you indicated above. What fun you'll have! :p

Hi Ben - welcome to the group! :yes: There are a couple of threads in the forum dealing with the issue of removing old glues - you may want to do a search for them. The Garfield is a very handsome dollhouse, you were lucky to find one for such a good price!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome, Ben, your Garfield sounds like the Laurel I picked up earlier this year for $2. The hot glue was fairly easy to cut off except for the shingles and ceramic tiles on one of the floors. Spackling compound is your friend! Here is what I did with it before I gave it to Toys for Tots.