Venting about my wallpapering!

MichelleG

I'm wallpapering my walls, and umm,, well,, being my first dollhouse and all, the walls and ceiling aren't exactly level. .. So,, I'm having a heck of time wallpapering and getting it all even. I'm doing my best, having some patience, taking breaks , and venting. Aaaghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! (and having a sense of humor!!)

I'm a perfectionist by nature, so when I look at my work , to me it looks like a 5 yr old put this together. Or maybe I'm being too hard on myself. Anyone else feel the same way??

This is definitely a learning experience and I'll remember all my mistakes and problems when I build my next dollhouse.

(I shoulda probably posted this in "First dh" topic.)

i definitely know how you feel. i looked at my current project today and thought the wallpaper looks terrible. i am planning to redo all the floors except the first one. silly me. i will prolly redo the walls themselves too. got a lot of revamping to do in it, inside and out....lol

Ok,, I got thru it!!!!

Doesn't look too bad at all. Actually,now the worst part is, I forgot to make the connecting seam in a corner. I just wasn't thinking and started at the outer walls. so the seam is right in the middle of the bay window.. oh well. You're right, curtains will take care of that. All in all I did a fairly good job, and people were right, any bubbles flatten right out once it's dried.

Now that I've got the wallpaper up, (Living room so far), It's really starting to look like a home!! I could just crawl right in there and make myself at home. lol

Okay, one down and 5 more to go! That's including the 2 attic rooms.

Feeyoohhh! (wiping sweat off forehead).

I'll take pics and post them tomorrow.

and..... TY for listening and being here for me to vent. It always helps when you're in a dither to express it and get opinions.

Michelle

Believe me, as this forum well knows I've had a lot of AARRGG! moments, and still having them. These first houses love to put us through our paces (kind of like first children :p ). But I'm sure everyone learns something new on each build. I can't wait to see pictures! I need to put mine up soon, but since nothing is really done, I might wait :p . Have a good thanksgiving everyone!

I've done little wallpapering in my houses for this reason in the past. Now, that I've started wallpapering I like it so much, it's worth the aggravation. I agree about the camouflaging, it makes booboosd dissapear, and with practise you'll become an expert, so will I someday, lol.

i know what you mean! i'm so picky that i'll never consider any of my houses done, lol!

wallpaper, then go eat ice cream to make it all better,lol! :lol:

I for one can get very OCD on my houses. I will see something that probably no one else will ever notice but I will just constantly LOOK at that one imperfection.

Wallpapering takes time to master (in mini and in RL). When you really get movin and groovin with it you will pick up ways to fix those mistakes you made in the past.

And as everyone said..proper placement of curtains, furniture, potted plants..do wonders!