Greetings from The Villages, Florida

FstRydr

Hi All:

I am anxious to begin my first project in this fascinating craft. I have built and flown several RC aircraft, so feel that this should be a fairly comfortable transition. I am considering the Pierce and would appreciate some input as to the degree of difficulty for a first-timer. I have been exploring the forum and feel like there will plenty of advise available. Everyone here seems to be friendly and willing to help.

I am semi-retired, bored with too much golf and need to get my fingers wrapped around wood again.

Any and all tips will be greatly appreciated.

FstRydr

Welcome to the neighborhood Douglas! Have you picked out a dollhouse that you want to start on yet? Greenleaf has a huge line of different designs. Feel free to ask any questions regarding the dollhouses as we all try to help.

Welcome!

The Pierce is an easy build IMHO, it's a great house. The rooms are kind of small tho, so if YOu are thinking a big house...why not go a little bigger and get the Garfield :wub: It's a beautiful house and although more of a challenge...I say go big!!!!

Just teasing you. I have built the Pierce tho and it's pretty straight forward to build!

Hello and :wub: Douglas!

I am rehabbing a Pierce that had been put together with hot glue... best advice I can give you... Don't do that! (Unless you have plans to take it apart later on) I would suggest a dry fit first, then you can get a feel for the house and see what areas you'll want to paint/wallpaper/whatever that will difficult to reach after the fact. Good luck, take pics, and keep us updated!

~Jeni

Welcome to the Greenleaf Forum Douglas! (my brother's name too)

I'm building my first dollhouse too. If I can do it, you can too, especially where you have experience with models. Read up on the threads here, check out how people have built their houses in the blogs and look at all the beautiful work in the galleries. Some really talented folk here. As you build and have questions, someone here will help you if you run into any snags. You can also do a search. Just type in the keyword subject you are looking for, and the subject results will come up on the screen. Pretty cool.

Good luck, I hope you do the Pierce or Garfield. My two favorites. ( I just wish I had the room to build them!)

Michelle

Hi and :(!! The Pierce is a great house. My mother and I built one when I was in middle school. The kit was my big Christmas gift that year. I miss that house and the Pierce will probably be the next kit I buy (after I finish the ones in my closet). Enjoy!!

:wave:

Welcome to the community, Douglas! I know the feeling of wanting to wrap your hands around some wood. I think you'll be happy to have chosen the Pierce. My own Pierce-in-the-box is crying out to be built soon!

Hello Douglas - welcome to the forum! :)

Whichever house you choose, you will find many helpful and eager fellow-members following along with your build. Got a question? There are plenty of answers here. Got a pic? We will ooh and aah and drool all over it! Got a tip? We will soak up any new ideas and techniques. This place is one very supportive mini melting pot!

Welcome, Douglas. We met a group of Villages People (after they'd just performe "YMCA" for us) at the Paddlers' Rendezvous N of Milton, FL (next year's will be in the Tampa area) and one of the ladies was complaining that since she had discovered paddling and kayaks she no longer had tome for her golf game. I resisted the urge to tell her I can juggle paddling, cycling, hiking AND minis... That looks suspisciously like a Bell in your avatar, do you fly choppers?