What's Your Pet Peeve?

LPCullen

I have a cell phone and hate answering it. I hate answering the regular home phone. Calamari, that conversation is soooooo like real life!!! :lol: There's nothing like having someone walking in a store nearby or in a resturant telling about that 'hot date' and 'get out of here--no!' comments that they are making. ;) You almost want to tell them to speak louder, you couldn't hear what they said! :lol:

Another pet peeve: people who drive around with their radios turned up. I can understand loud music--on a bright summer day driving about, but I am talking about music so loud when this person goes by (in the country, where I live) :p the glass in my windows shakes! :o This happens on a regular basis at regular intervals---2pm, 10pm, 7-9 am, etc. I think when I can hear your car before you are a mile in front of my house the music is loud! B) :D Though I like loud music sometimes, 11 pm isn't one of those times..... :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have many pet peeves, but one that seems particularly relevant...

Dollhouse sales sites that don't show ALL sides (at LEAST front and back) of the dollhouses they are selling.

This pet peeve would apply to, oh, about 99.9% of all sites that sell dollhouses.

Am I the ONLY person who thinks it's important to see the back?

I have many pet peeves, but one that seems particularly relevant...

Dollhouse sales sites that don't show ALL sides (at LEAST front and back) of the dollhouses they are selling.

This pet peeve would apply to, oh, about 99.9% of all sites that sell dollhouses.

I'm with you on that one! It drives me nuts to just see the front of a house. I need to see the back at the very least.

Deb

I have to agree about seeing the back of a dollhouse, that is rather annoying.

My pet peeves are pretty tame:

1. Wilted broccoli at the grocery store

2. Spam (as in email, not the canned meat)

3. Phones. Doesn't matter what type, hate them all especially when they ring.

Everything else I can deal with. :lol:

3. Phones.  Doesn't matter what type, hate them all especially when they ring.

Everything else I can deal with. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen! This one here at work never stops ringing the minute bossman walks in the door! It's like they have radar as to when he arrives back in the office. I won't answer the one at home at all!

Nope! This is why I feel guilty about not ordering more from Mott's Minis. They always show the back! So I go to their site to look at houses but I rarely end up buying from them.

On the up side, I did find a site that was plagiarizing Mott's extensive discussion of dollhouse types and reported it to Mott's (which wasn't pleased with the news, but was pleased to GET the news rather than to just be stolen from), so at least I did something helpful for people who have inadvertantly given me a lot of help.

I agree with everyone about needing to see the back of a dollhouse.

The front is eye candy, but I need to see the back to decide how I'm going to use the dollhouse. The size and placement of rooms, windows, staircases. Is there a fireplace, or a place to install one. Window treatments are very important to me, so I like to see how the windows are shaped on the inside.

Phones are also an annoyance. At my job, the phone rings constantly. When I'm home I rarely pick it up. My close friends and family know that they're the privileged few that I'll pick up for. I never pick up on an unknown caller.

It's not that I don't like people...I just need my own time. That's why I pay for call display and voice messaging. Very few people have my cell phone number.

Susanne

let's see, i', getting i on this one a little late,

1. i can't stand people who thinks the world owes them.

they don't apprecaite anything cause they think they deserve it.

2. cell phones, although i have one

3. people, (parents) who don't give their children they time they need, and that teat them as lesser people because they are children.

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one... maybe we should start a campaign to get greenleaf/corona to show the backs -- woiuld certainly give them an edge (at least in my mind) on the competition. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They allready have most of their houses on thei rhomepage showing both back and front if I am not misstaken? Atleast Corona has I am sure since that was the very thing that concinced us that the Aster cottage was the one we wanted to use as the Christmas house.

Hugs

The Corona Concepts site shows the backs, but that feature doesn't work for some browsers other than Internet Explorer. The Greenleaf site just doesn't show 'em. :-(

Actually, I'd really love to see houseplans with dimensions, though that might be giving away more information than is really prudent.

I don't want to snow on anyone's toboggan, but I don't worry too much about the back or the insides. I just make fit what will fit.

I love the fronts! If it weren't for the front I wouldn't care at all about what was in back.

The Corona Concepts site shows the backs, but that feature doesn't work for some browsers other than Internet Explorer.

Admittedly, I haven't been to the CC site in a while because it really breaks in Opera 7 -- just checked and sure enough, the "See the Back" feature doesn't work.

At least they're on the right track... :)

I feature the houses on my website. Sometimes it is a question of broadband space, sometimes the picture of the 'back' will not show even after I have uploaded it into the catalog. As a business person, I can vouch that if anyone had a question as to a picture of the back, I would email that info to them, or any info on how much build time it takes to assemble the house. Dollhouse websites are set up so you can email them with questions, like mine is, if all the info isn't there.

Though I'm not making excuses as to why sites do not post the 'back' of a house, I know as a business person that I email details and information they may have questions about to my customers who contact me--and this is by phone or by email. And as an interjection here--it takes alot of work resizing, uploading, a catalog onto a website. I still have items that are not yet uploaded, and my site went live in September.

So don't be afraid to ask someone for that back picture--Greenleaf and Corona are both good about providing all the pics that a business person needs to sell the kits!

On my older website, I have front and back of everything. The new site, I have not figured out how to show two pictures though I have uploaded them, the second one does not show up :( . I have not had time to wait on hold for customer support yet either and I too HATE to not be able to see the backs of houses so this really bugs me. That was one main reason why I have them on my first website. I still have that one up and running until I get the new one the exact way I want it. That so far, is the only bad thing about the new program I am using though.

I personally fall in love with the front of the house but to buy it, I must see the back. :)

yes the love begins with the front I agree...but the back to me is a big selling point.

how many rooms? how is it layed out? what do stairs look like?

those kind of things.

nutti :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And how do I work to get it like I want it, what to bash and what changes do I want to make to fit into my picture of it... :)

HUgs

Anna

I personally fall in love with the front of the house but to buy it, I must see the back.

The back/ layout is where the house begins to "speak" to me, whether it wants me to build it or not (if I haven't bought it) & HOW it wants me to do it.

I know as a business person that I email details and information they may have questions about to my customers who contact me--and this is by phone or by email.
But most customers won't ask -- I know I don't. I don't want to get info in email, I want it to be on the web site when I'm looking at the web site.

And as an interjection here--it takes alot of work resizing, uploading, a catalog onto a website.

Trust me, I KNOW how much work it is to run a business web site and I'm truly sympathetic... just not when I'm the customer. :) When I'm the customer, I'm only concerned with MY needs... and I need to see the backs.

On my older website, I have front and back of everything. The new site, I have not figured out how to show two pictures though I have uploaded them, the second one does not show up :(  . I have not had time to wait on hold for customer support yet either and I too HATE to not be able to see the backs of houses so this really bugs me. That was one main reason why I have them on my first website. I still have that one up and running until I get the new one the exact way I want it. That so far, is the only bad thing about the new program I am using though.

I personally fall in love with the front of the house but to buy it, I must see the back. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tracy,

Have you tried combining the pictures in a paint program so that the one .jpg (or what ever picture format you use) contains side by side image of front and back? It might be an easy solution to upload just one picture instead of two seperate ones. Or it might not but it could be worth a try.

-David

Wow there's so much here already my opinion would probably be just redundant but I have to say I'm with Holly about needing to see the back of a house - The front of a house isn't as important to me as the insides - I'll just change the front anyway but the layout of inside is where I look for my possibilities, how I want it to be when finished - what walls could be removed and which ones couldn't. But the front will never look like the picture on the box if I'm working on it... not that the picture is bad.. I just never quite seem to get it to look that way - even if I'm trying - something comes along and says "Nope, ya gotta change it".

Also about asking questions of sellers- I know a lot of online sellers expect you to ask questions before buying -at least hopefully they do, though some I've asked questions of seem to be just annoyed at being bothered - those I wont' even consider purchasing from - if I get bad service before placing an order I don't expect to get great service after - On the other hand though I feel like i need to know all I can before ordering from someone (especially if I haven't ordered from them before) and if they answer the questions great and then I decide I really don't need the item, could better spend the amount on something more practicle, or the person I was buying for gets it from someone else.. then I feel really bad about not ordering it from the person I asked the questions of :) - I feel like I've wasted their time.

-David

All of the opinions here are valid, a customer is entitled to see the back of the house, to see if it fits in with their idea of their 'dream' house. I myself am in the same boat as Tracey, where I am uploading the front AND the back, but the back still doesn't show....so i too, have to sit down with my customer support and hash out the problems....and that, too takes time. Time away from answering customer questions, which I always welcome.

I have to also respectfully point out, that as a business person, I welcome customer contact because I can't help if I am not contacted. I do not consider customer enquiries bothersome, or annoying. And if the product I have is not what that customer is looking for, I sometimes direct them to another site, which I know might carry what they are looking for.

ave you tried combining the pictures in a paint program so that the one .jpg

David, you must be peeping over my shoulders here LOL. I have done just that but am hoping that I can figure out what I did goofy in the first place so that the pictures won't show (I know it's me and something goofy that I forgot to check :) )

All of the opinions here are valid, a customer is entitled to see the back of the house, to see if it fits in with their idea of their 'dream' house. I myself am in the same boat as Tracey, where I am uploading the front AND the back, but the back still doesn't show....so i too, have to sit down with my customer support and hash out the problems....and that, too takes time. Time away from answering customer questions, which I always welcome.

I totally sympathize with your frustration, Lisa! One of the issues I always have to thrash through with my students (I teach communication to MBA students) is that it's so tempting to not do the irritating half-hour with customer support (or editing the big report or whatever...) because it's easy to measure that time... and it's not so easy to measure the time and money lost to answering questions from people who didn't have the info they need... or who tuned out and totally missed the message.

Obviously, I come down on the side of thrashing it out with customer support so that you get fewer inquiries.