Finally got a digital camera!!

MichelleG

I swear I have the best Ex around. Last month he bought me a new flat screen computer monitor.

This weekend he went out and bought me a digital camera!!!

It's a Nikon Coolpix S200. I've never owned a digital camera and now I finally have one.. How awesome is that??

Now I've got to read the booklet and learn how to use it. Does anyone else have this particular camera? Do you like it? Is it easy to learn how to use? This one takes video movies too.

I'm so behind in the technical world. lol

Well, now I can take really nice pics of my dh and mini stuff and it will be easier on your eyes than the blurry webcam pics!

I'm so excited!! I just had to share this with Y'all!!!

Sorry, I don't have that one, but digital cameras are GREAT fun! And you can take all sorts of pictures while trying it out..and then just "delete", unlike a film camera where you waste all the experiments! :wub:

A nice ex, by the way. Maybe he's trying to be a "former ex"?? :D

Congrats on the new camera, Michelle. I'm with Ann, I think he's trying super hard to get back in your good graces again. Don't forget to study up on the Macro section, that's the most important part of the camera when taking pics of miniatures.

Have fun!

Macro.. Ok.. never heard of it. lol I better get reading.. I'm too busy here on the computer, catchin up. I was away most of the weekend. I love coming back to all the new threads and such!! And the new members too.

And also I was tending to our sick iguana. Had to get a new heat bulb and a warm mist humidifier. Poor Lizzy. She's feeling much better now though.

I'll take plenty of pics of her too to share with you guys.

LOL You guys are funny! Sorry, no chance at him and I ever getting back together. We've moved on in that department, but we stay good friends and co-parent. I've been single for so long now that I really like living alone,, I can't imagine living w/ a man again.. blechhhh!! My son is the only man of the house!

Ok,, the battery has to charge for 100 minutes .

Read up on the Macro.. for up close mini pics!! I can't wait to take pictures with this.. my new toy!!

TY for all the congrats!

Congrats on the new camera!

Glad you and ex are still friends..that is a good thing for the kids..keeps em healthy about relationships if you still can keep the peace.

I bet he gave you those things as a prize for being a great mother!

LOL You guys are funny! Sorry, no chance at him and I ever getting back together. We've moved on in that department, but we stay good friends and co-parent. I've been single for so long now that I really like living alone,, I can't imagine living w/ a man again.. blechhhh!! My son is the only man of the house!

Ok,, the battery has to charge for 100 minutes .

Read up on the Macro.. for up close mini pics!! I can't wait to take pictures with this.. my new toy!!

TY for all the congrats!

It IS possible to remain friends after divorcing, it takes maturity, patience and respect, even moreso when you don't HAVE to do it for the kid's sake.

Staying on good terms with an ex is always a plus. Mine was invited to my wedding and we go out to dinner when they are in town even though the kids are grown. I hope to 100 minutes of battery charging is done.

I'd love to hear about the iguana. How big is she? How old? Why is she ill? Is she better now? What other animals do you have?

ok, battery is charged, took a pic. Used the Macro setting for close ups. Now I just have to insert the disc it came with for the program and read up on loading the pics on the computer. Just got home from work, got my turkey carcass in a pot of boiling water.

Lizzy, yeah .. well.. my propane stove. (looks like a little wood stove) broke down,, the company that I bought it from has been giving me the run around,. been over here a few times.. ordered the wrong part. bla, bla, bla.. So.. it got cold enough in here,,, Any temperature drop below 70 is not good for an iguana. Ideally it should be around 85+ to keep them healthy. Their immune system can't handle it and they develop an upper respitory infection. (common cold). This can be deadly. Her nose was clogged, was gasping for air thru her mouth, omg it was awful. I brought her in the shower w/ me for the hot steam.. used a turkey baster to suck out her boogy nose. Had to run out and buy an electric heater, warm mist humidifier, and a thermometer to make sure she was getting the proper temperature. Unbelievable. She's better now. it's warm and balmy.. tropical actually in here.

Who's idea was it to get an iguana?? Bob. My ex. Well, 3 yrs later, and after Me being the one taking care of her, I've become quite attached to her and the thought of her dying sent me into a panic!

I'm sending the stove company a bill for the electric heater, I've already threatened them w/ the Better Business Bueuro(spellcheck). They were supposed to get someone here today.. No call, no show. I've just about had it now. My patience has run out.

Aaaaghhhhhh...

And how was your day?? LOL

OK,, I"ll get some pics on this computer tonight, hopefully. whewww.. that was a long post. Hope I didn't bore ya.

I laways read the manual thoroughly, even though all our cameras are Canon. Most people don't read their manuals so you end up getting advice which is someone's guess at how the thing works. You got a Nikon, that's a serious camera, learn how to use is properly and you sure won't regret it.