Made my first doll

25 posts in this topic

Every year my mom and I always make something for each other. Last year I made her a mini Christmas shoppe and she made me Mr. & Mrs. Robinson for my mini house.

So this year I made mom a doll. She is only about a foot tall and has her favorite blankie (I knitted) and her little rabbit. Her body is wire but her head, hands and shoes are all clay. The only thing left I think is maybe eye lashes but I'm kinda skiddish to add them in fear I will mess up. lool DO you think she looks ok without them?

Now I just have to give her a name...

post-837-1196254713_thumb.jpg post-837-1196254736_thumb.jpg

post-837-1196254761_thumb.jpg post-837-1196254776_thumb.jpg

Jen, she is adorable! You did a great job with the face, ears, hands and feet! Love the shoes! Eyelashes? Maybe a couple! The effect in general right now is ADORABLE! Your mom will love it!

Wolfie

What a delightful character! With or without eyelashes, your mom will love her. :banana:

Very cute, I like her the way she is now, and I am sure your mom will too!

How cute!

She looks great with or without eyelashes!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!! This is something I can not do.....

Awwww, :p she is such a lovley character, one I would love to give a home myself LOL so I know your mum will be over joyed with her!

Hugs

aww shucks thanks everybody. :birthday:

Now if I could find time to make a 2nd one before Christmas I would be all set. lool

She's great, Jenn!! You did a wonderful job on her. I am sure your mother will love her.

Ohhh Jenn, she is absolutely adorable. You really don't need to do another thing to her, she's perfect and your mom is going to be so pleased!

She's beautiful! I think Periwinkle would be a nice name or Penelope Perwinkle....hmmm nice job :birthday:

aww shucks thanks everybody. :birthday:

Now if I could find time to make a 2nd one before Christmas I would be all set. lool

Ok, this sounds intruiging... A 2nd one???? >head tilted listening attentivly< soooo what are you planning???

Hugs

Ok, this sounds intruiging... A 2nd one???? >head tilted listening attentivly< soooo what are you planning???

Hugs

Well I try to make a gift for my mom and my aunt too. Last year I made a Christmas shop for mom and a Halloween shop for my aunt. So if I have enough time maybe a doll for my aunt or a hanging shadowbox. lool

It really all depend on time now.

Aha, well I do hope you get plenty of time then, and take pics of whatever you might come up with!!!

Hugs

shes precious! i vote for eyelashes, eyeliner or maybe a pair of sparkling earrings cause my mom would never be caught without them! lol!

Great job Jenn!

Careful....I thought I was only going to make one doll and now I always have one on the work table.

You said you used clay, did you make it with aluminum foil inside or is it solid. I made a marionette about that size once and it was too heavy.

Just curious.

I missed this topic before Christmas. I love the doll you made - she's a real character. What did your Mum say? Did you manage to make anything else?

Great work :ohyeah:

Jackie

I can imagine if you didn't make one for your aunt she's going to want one. Tht little doll is just so winsome & lovable! (and no, I didn't think she needed eyelashes!)

I love those pointed ears, you did great here!!