Made my first doll

jennybee

Every year my mom and I always make something for each other. Last year I made her a mini Christmas shoppe and she made me Mr. & Mrs. Robinson for my mini house.

So this year I made mom a doll. She is only about a foot tall and has her favorite blankie (I knitted) and her little rabbit. Her body is wire but her head, hands and shoes are all clay. The only thing left I think is maybe eye lashes but I'm kinda skiddish to add them in fear I will mess up. lool DO you think she looks ok without them?

Now I just have to give her a name...

post-837-1196254713_thumb.jpg post-837-1196254736_thumb.jpg

post-837-1196254761_thumb.jpg post-837-1196254776_thumb.jpg

Jen, she is adorable! You did a great job with the face, ears, hands and feet! Love the shoes! Eyelashes? Maybe a couple! The effect in general right now is ADORABLE! Your mom will love it!

Wolfie

aww shucks thanks everybody. :birthday:

Now if I could find time to make a 2nd one before Christmas I would be all set. lool

Ok, this sounds intruiging... A 2nd one???? >head tilted listening attentivly< soooo what are you planning???

Hugs

Ok, this sounds intruiging... A 2nd one???? >head tilted listening attentivly< soooo what are you planning???

Hugs

Well I try to make a gift for my mom and my aunt too. Last year I made a Christmas shop for mom and a Halloween shop for my aunt. So if I have enough time maybe a doll for my aunt or a hanging shadowbox. lool

It really all depend on time now.

• 1 month later...

Great job Jenn!

Careful....I thought I was only going to make one doll and now I always have one on the work table.

You said you used clay, did you make it with aluminum foil inside or is it solid. I made a marionette about that size once and it was too heavy.

Just curious.