Greenleafs Blog

Minis On The Edge

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Anniversary Arthur, I will quote Andy Pipkin: I want that one.

:huh: I believe I may need one also...

Teresa, so sad to see you leave the Gazette. You always did such a great job with the MOM

Aha Deb, so that is why you had so much info on this one!!!!! That pic sure gives a taste for more!!!!!!

:blink: I don't think you could get enough of this house! I'm telling you, that birch wood is *the* sweetest wood I've ever worked with. It's so smooth and beautifully grained and...........well, to tell the truth, the birch is intoxicating. Touching it is like petting satin. When I first ran my hand over the wood, I actually swooned. This is one house you almost want to build bare and then just varnish it so you don't cover up the grain. On the other hand, it's got so much style that you'll be overwhelmed with possibilities for it.

I also gotta tell you that it's a really easy house to build. A first timer could build this one easily and love every second of it. There are pictures of almost every step in the instructions.

Dean's post in the blog says he'll be releasing more info on it over the next week, so keep watching that site. When you see more of the details, it'll make your toes wiggle in happiness.

Deb

:blink: I don't think you could get enough of this house! I'm telling you, that birch wood is *the* sweetest wood I've ever worked with. It's so smooth and beautifully grained and...........well, to tell the truth, the birch is intoxicating. Touching it is like petting satin. When I first ran my hand over the wood, I actually swooned. This is one house you almost want to build bare and then just varnish it so you don't cover up the grain. On the other hand, it's got so much style that you'll be overwhelmed with possibilities for it.

I also gotta tell you that it's a really easy house to build. A first timer could build this one easily and love every second of it. There are pictures of almost every step in the instructions.

Dean's post in the blog says he'll be releasing more info on it over the next week, so keep watching that site. When you see more of the details, it'll make your toes wiggle in happiness.

Deb

Oh my :o believe you me that the blog is sooo in my favourites and I keep checking in every day, it is so much fun reading about it. This is all really high :doh: factor and I am looking forward to more pics soon as well and a date and a possibility to just see it!!!! :lol: Mega envious as well in a good way afcourse, and as for the swooning.... Yep, I can understand that!!!

Hugs

as for the swooning.... Yep, I can understand that!!!

Hugs

Couldn't have said it better myself, used to feel that way about purchasing fabrics, tho I do think when you start to fondle your doll house building materials it's time to start getting more fresh air :blink:

Deb

Birch ply is great, but I will say if we ever visit, I am not letting you anywhere near my Dolphin. The combination of Afzelia, Ekanga, Ovangkol and Wenge will either make you drool all over the thing, which I don't really want to clean up, or have a stroke, and I hate taking people to the ER. I work there, so I'm there enough. :lol:

BTW, looking forward to the kit, definitely plan on getting one.

Birch ply is great, but I will say if we ever visit, I am not letting you anywhere near my Dolphin. The combination of Afzelia, Ekanga, Ovangkol and Wenge will either make you drool all over the thing, which I don't really want to clean up, or have a stroke, and I hate taking people to the ER. I work there, so I'm there enough. :lol:

BTW, looking forward to the kit, definitely plan on getting one.

Awwww, c'mon, it could be a field trip seeing where you work as well besides getting up close and personal with that piece of sheer beautiful Dolphin :blink: Hehe... And as afollow up, walk through the basement, oops sorry treasure cove with alllllll those kits as well, yumm!

Hugs

How did I miss that blog link?

Fun fun fun!

Ooooohhhh.. that Arthur looks fabulous.

And sounds even better.

Anna, my Toys'R'Us doesn't carry dollhouse kits. Yet.

I'm thinking Dean could make a call... heheheee...

Anna, my Toys'R'Us doesn't carry dollhouse kits. Yet.

I'm thinking Dean could make a call... heheheee...

Bummer Susasnna, and yes I think that some sort of "pushi" would set the wheels in motion. Perhaps if we both starts complaining to the management about what the Toys'R'Us in other branches carries.....

Hugs

Sooooo, are we starting to get excited just yet that tomorrow is the start of the week when the new Arthur is going to be released???? ;) swooning, and soft and lovley are words I seem to remember.... :dog:

Hugs

Sooooo, are we starting to get excited just yet that tomorrow is the start of the week when the new Arthur is going to be released???? ;) swooning, and soft and lovley are words I seem to remember.... :dog:

Hugs

Yes..I loved working on this regular Arthur but I want to get my hands on a updated version!

I can't wait to see the "new" Arthur myself! Especially with components! And updated! Will we recognize our old friend? Will it look like the old Arthur?! Just better?!

Call me "curious" Wolfie

:dog: Just come to think about how much the Greenleaf server is going to have to handle next week, all of us rushing over now and again to try and catch the first glimpse of the illusive Arthur in new "dress"...

Well, it will be fun!

Hugs

Hmmm... Now that all depends on the release time I think :dog: as we over here is somewhat ahead in the hours.... ;)

Oh what fun this will be to be able to follow all the Arthur's in the makings!!!

Hugs

Deb, you've done a super job of the inside of the NEW Arthur. What a beautiful dollhouse! Loved the slide show, but I'm a little disappointed there are no stairs.

NO STAIRS! :ohyeah: I know someone who has a nice reclaimed staircase - creeping quietly round to Marg's ......

Jackie