12/07/05 Attraction

Minis On The Edge

LOL :lol: Well I guess I've been told! Just goes to show how much I know about dating lol I never thought that she might be so happy because she was out of a bad relationship though when I got out of mine I was pretty stoked about it :D On the one hand if she's not interrested, I'd hate to make her uncomfortable when I see her after being turned down for a date... on the other hand I know she enjoys going to the movies (and seeing kids movies too).. so maybe a casual conversation to see if she's been to see the latest Harry Potter might not be such a bad idea.. if she hasn't gone I can ask her if she wants to go on her day off ;) So if she likes me she can say sure and we'll get a chance to talk longer than the 2 min I'm waiting in line and if she doesn't like me in the dating sort of way, it's still just a nice friendly guesture.

-David

I LOVE this place! Truer "hair" stories have never been told. Maybe ya'll should write a book "True Hair Stories" and David can pull it from the rack and read it while he's in line at the grocery store! :D

David, go for it! If she says no, buck up your courage, smile, look her in the eyes and say, "okay, but next time you're doing the asking!". Women love a confident man!!

By the way, I glow when I get a good cut and color!! :lol:

I do too Teresa. My husband always say I act "different" when I get my hair done.

On top of that, it's so thick and I am tender headed ;) I hate to do it myself. Humph.....Think I need to make an appointment tomorrow and get this done soon now that I think about it. :lol:

I think it's wonderful to have someone elses hands washing your hair. It just makes you feel like a princess :D . I think THAT is were the "glow" comes from David.

Well... I'm attracted to...

character: (more important)

- a good sense of humour

- intellect (well, he doesn't need an academic title :D )

- caring and sensitive men who aren't afraid to show their feelings

- open-minded and tolerant men who have something to say but can listen as well

physical: (less important but it was easier to find even more than 3 :lol: )

- beautiful eyes

- sensual lips and a cute smile

- beautiful hands

- athletic body

And David," Ask her!!!" ;)

I LOVE this place!  Truer "hair" stories have never been told. 

<giggling> And they're absolutely 100% correct too! Where else would that song "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" come from? We'll wash the man out of our hair, give it a bright new shine and bounce, and be ready to take on the world........or that really nice guy in the check out line.

Ask her out David. You're a sweet, intelligent, interesting and kind person and she'd be lucky to spend time with you. The new Harry Potter movie is the perfect solution!

Deb

Well I stopped in today and asked her - see seemed surprised (in the good way) and said yes.. of course you don't get much chance to say more than that in the grocery store and I don't have her number but she has mine - so we'll see if she calls :lol: Thanks for the encouragement everyone :lol:

-David

David - I'm so glad that you asked the check-out lady to see the new Harry Potter movie with you!! I'm sure she's as nervous as you are. It's a huge step to go from saying hey to someone, to an actual date. I've been married for 27 years to my dh.

Anyone up to sharing first date with dh stories?

Susanne

Well I stopped in today and asked her - see seemed surprised (in the good way) and said yes.. of course you don't get much chance to say more than that in the grocery store and I don't have her number but she has mine - so we'll see if she calls :lol:  Thanks for the encouragement everyone :lol:

-David

Wooooohoooooooooo!!! Way to go David!!

Deb

Susanne

I'm still waiting for the first date. :lol: Bruce and I met at work, and work place romances were frowned on......and it was a small town.........so we never actually dated. The first time we went out for dinner was the night we moved to Denver together.

Oddly enough, we never missed the dating process. We knew each other's hearts and hopes and dreams from the moment our eyes met. We've been married six years by the calendar, but in our hearts, neither of us ever existed without the other.

Deb

David we're so proud you took the first step. Please let us know when she calls. (notice I said when not if).

My 3 attractions are:

1. Kindness-shown when dealing with the elderly and young

2. Honesty--I've never been good at playing games, what you see is what you get

3. Respectful

Peggi

Deb, I can't believe it! Your story sounds so much like mine!!

I started a new job and met Brian there. We were friends first . . . we went skiing one weekend with a bunch of people, he asked me to play on his baseball team, went to a couple of movies . . . stuff like that. After baseball he'd come over to my place and we'd sit in the hot tub and talk. Then one night, he kissed me! Wowsers! Of course I loved him from the moment I met him, he says the same too! We met in February, started actual "dating" in April, bought our first house together in July and got married the following September. We've been married 15 years and every day is like the first (well, most of the time :lol: ).

As a side note, when our managers found out we were "dating" they were very supportive. Of course, when it came to that one of us was willing to quit our job if it became a problem, which it didn't. Except for my supervisor, she was kind of weird about it, she started crying and said she didn't want Brian to be hurt! I was stunned! :lol: Anyway, she said "oh you too" and I left it at that. Very odd! And she was married to! Go figure!! All the women at work loved Brian. I remember sitting at the lunch table before people knew we were dating and he'd walk in and they'd all go gaga! I'd just sit and smile knowing he was mine . . . all mine!! :D

Dh and I went to high school together. We went on the senior cruise together and I was engaged to his friend. ( who joined the navy and did not have enough common sense not to tell me about going to clubs and picking people) He (dh) helped me get the nerve to tell him he (the other guy) was an idiot!

Then one night, he kissed me!  Wowsers!  Of course I loved him from the moment I met him, he says the same too!  We met in February, started actual "dating" in April, bought our first house together in July and got married the following September.  We've been married 15 years and every day is like the first (well, most of the time  :lol: ).

The most magical moment in the world is when it hits you that what you thought was just a little thing has turned into something huge---like your first kiss from Brian.

I think that a workplace-romance-turned-marriage has at least one major advantage. Bruce and I were on the same management team and we'd always had differences of opinions, which we worked out in a professional manner thru calm discussions of the pros and cons of each opinion. We still work out our differences that way. (except now I get to kiss him when I win) :lol:

Deb

Our first date was a Peter, Paul & Mary concert the evening after I had taken the GRE (graduate record exam) and then we went to an off-campus party & drank a few Cubra Libres. On the way back to my dorm he stopped & proposed & I asked him to ask me again when he was sober, which he did after Christmas break a month later. That was our senior year and we got married after graduation the following August, in 1963.