Pine Mountain Village Kit

MicroJivvy

I think the Greenleaf Village is more 1/4" scale. The pine mountain is a little smaller (Can't remember the scale off the top of my head but I will look it up).

They have backs to them but they can be left off. Some people have hinged it on and you would also have to make a second floor if you want to make it a "dollhouse"

:lol:

I haven't yet built the Pine Mountain Village, but I think I have it ... I have built some of the Greenleaf kits, and also some of the Dura-craft kits. The Dura-craft kits are smaller than the Greenleaf ones. Yep, furniture will go in there, and yep, you do have to make a second floor, and yep, you can hinge the backs, and yep, you can leave the roof detachable.

Here: http://community.webshots.com/album/464290030OaIAXh

From my experience with the village, I discovered that there is some selective compression in the buildings of greenleaf Village/town. THe larger buildings like the library and town hall should be about 10-15% larger...I cant stuff a model power firetruck through the front door of the firehouse/town hall. Personally I would love to stuff a Corgi Hook&Ladder firetruck in there but it aint hapening. If you are detailing interiors you may have to scratchbuild what you need and compress according to the size of the house rather than building to exact 1:48 scale. A standard 30" x 78 or 84" door measures 5/8 x 1 5/8 or 1 3/4. Ig you are building garages make sure the door opening wil swallow a 1/43 or 1/48 vehicle. It would be fun to see the store with a full interior and window trim

If you want a removable wall you could glue either northeast basswood channel or plastruct plastic channel to the side walls and trim the back wall down to slide in the groove of the plastic channel cextion. Arrange the roof to lift off and use the space to hide wiring etc

Have fun with it

Ed

Thanks, Ed -- that's excellent, excellent info.

For now, I JUST won a 1/48 Woodcraft Construction house on ebay (and three 144 houses), so I'm going to hold off on the Greenleaf kits...

I used to have a rule that I couldn't buy a kit before I finished the one I have... the "one" I have has now turned into the "seven, eight, or nine" (I ain't counting) I have... I MUST BE STOPPED.

Okay, I know many of you have tons more than that, but my rule was in effect until about a month ago... lol...

That is so funny Claire, I used to have a rule that I would NOT build or open another kit until I complete the One (1) that is in the process of being built......Last year things changed and I sometimes have up to 5 unfinished projects.

I am trying really hard to get back to the way things USED to be

:)

So far, it has not happened.

:(

I JUST won a 1/48 Woodcraft Construction house

Claire, shich one is that? Have you started it yet?

I have had a bunch of other nonmini projects jump out to bite me on the posterior, but I want to do a bit with the pub and then start the McKinley the first of the year.

Claire, shich one is that? Have you started it yet?

rofl, when I say I JUST won it, I mean TODAY. :)

So I haven't started it, yet. :(

The auction didn't have a house name (and I can't find them ANYWHERE online), but from the packaging pic, it's a 1:48 WoodCraft Construction Kit of a two story house with a center gable and a covered front porch.

If anyone knows this house and knows where there are pics of this line of WoodCraft's, I'd love to see them.

Aha! Those are Woodcraft "puzzle" buildings, which is why you're having trouble finding them online as dollhouses. This page may have the one you bought. They also do 1:12 and 1:24 dollhouses and furniture. Tracy has constructed several of their houses.

Having just built the bathroom set, I can testify that these are the easiest things on earth to assemble. It would take a lot of wood filler to make them realistic, but the wood is nice and doesn't require much sanding. And aren't they cute?

Yeah, I've been all over that site -- the "House with Veranda" is similar, but not the same... and 18" wide seems large for quarter scale.

I combed all the puzzle sites I could find prior to bidding (because there wasn't a great pic on the auction) and finally went, "what the heck" and bought it. I wonder if it's a discontinued line.

Having seen one of Tracy's Fantasy Villa constructions, I was considring a paperclay covering... but not until I actually see the thing. :)

omgosh!

where did you find the bathroom furniture??

we just did all of this furniture from 20 yr old kits and they were devine!!!

they came out of the sheets with no problem and after all this time went together great and it stained nicely!

my daughter begged me not to give this furniture we spent 3 hours making

to my neices but I did hopping I would find more.

point me in the direction! all I had found was the 1/12th furniture

it is the bathroom and bedrooms she wants.

tytytyty

nutti :)