Male chauvinist oinkers

heidiiiii

Why are they still out there in the world?

My neighbors dd has a rear wheel drive car. She can`t drive..meaning she should have had lessons because she sucks at it..she is in her late 20s.

Anyway, she backs her car to turn around in the neighbors drive way and guess what? She is stuck! The snow and ice are making her fishtail all over the place. She couldnt gun it because there were cars and a fence in the way.

Her dad (my neighbor) gets in and keeps gunning it back and forth back and forth back and forth.

It is driving Heidi nuts. He is swearing...gun-gun-gun. Hello...stop and think.

After about a half an hour of this..I put on my winter gear and go outside. I bring my bucket of sand/salt and tell her to tell Dad to hold on a minute. He sees me coming with the bucket and he is gunning the gas even harder. It dawns on him what he should have done and there is NO way a woman is going to show him up.

I put the sand under the back tires. He says...*it is never going to work..we are going to have to call a tow truck*.

Guess what?

Just guess...

Yup, the car moved easily out of the jam it was in. She thanked me, mom thanked me, even her kids thanked me.. Dad..nothing.. I could hear crickets..LOL

I told her she can get a small bag of kitty litter and keep it in the trunk for this situations.

I didnt do it to show him up...I did it to help..but he took it as a female was smarter then a male.

Grrrrrr! Fred was proud of me. *common sense* he said..Common sense!

Yeah, we run into a lot of these types here in the country. Most of the time I just laugh at them.

Once though --Harvey, who is (at least 'round here!) the BIGGEST "male chauvinist" -- he's managed to even offend a couple of barmaids at our local pub, and as tough as those girls are, that's really SAYING something!! --

anyway, in late March my husband was away for 2 weeks, when we had two major snowstorms, back-to-back. I was literally snowed into my house -- the snow had drifted up against the front door (where my wheelchair ramp is), and against the garage (where the ramp exits,) and I couldn't get out at all. Harvey, who spends WAY too much time sending all his friends obscene emails. happened to flood my email box with a bunch that day.

So I emailed back: "Hey, Harvey, you got so much time to send me this junk, you got time to come over here and shovel off my deck, hey!!!"

You guessed it. About a half hour later I hear this "mega truck" come rumbling up the driveway (which had been plowed out), and Harvey jumps out, snow shovels in hand, shovels the deck, the garage apron, the walk, tidies up where the plow had dumped snow that shouldn't be there. Rummages around in the back of the truck and comes up with a bucket of sand/gravel and spreads that down the ramp and out to the garage. I roll out and thank him profusely, and offer to pay - -which he almost-angrily refuses.

Later in the week after my husband got home, we went to the pub referenced above, and ran into him. Started to thank him again, to which he grumbled "shut up! You'll ruin my reputation!!!" So we bought him a couple beers.. :)

So sometimes under that "oinker" is a decent human being! :wave:

I'm a bartender, so I see alot of if come out when they've been drinking. But then again, in the customer service industry, one is exposed to pretty much the worst element of humanity. Makes me want to go back to college and stay there... forever!

I work in manufacturing. That says it all. I find it amusing when a man calls and wants to talk to the owner - only a man could answer his question. Then I tell him he IS talking to the owner....

DH thinks it is funny that all the neighbor men come and ask me home repair questions. Then act like they knew how to do whatever, but was just checking.

Was bidding against some guy at an auction for some tools. He finally asked what does a woman want with tools? Tools are for men. I told him that not only did I use tools, but could probably use them better than any man. He shut up and stopped bidding.

Good for you Heidi. You could have offered to drive it out for him too. I am always amazed at the men who get stuck at the curb when angle parked. They put it in reverse and spin the wheels. but one doesn't dare offer to help.

Shirley

Ok I have one for you all,

My husband at the time went with me to look at my truck. Yes I wanted his opinion cause he is good with vehicles. I was asking questions and the guy would look at Cal to answer, Cal kept pointing to me and saying speak to her.

I knew this wasnt going to go well. Well I decided to take it for a test drive. The salesman gave Cal the keys said your wife can sit in front I will be in the back. Cal handed me the keys told the guy she is the one buying it she will test drive it. So fine we test drove it and talk about a back seat driver. I knew I was going to get pissed in the end.

So I like the truck it ran good and I was comfortable in it which is good for a smaller person lol. Went in and the idiot kept talking to Cal and Cal god love him kept saying you need to talk to her she is the one buying. He would for like a second or two then turn back to Cal.

Came time for financing again handed Cal the papers not me. Cal turned them over to me. He ran my credit said oh the little misses credit isnt good enough. Now mind you I work in a bank I know what my credit rating is. And I exploded literally.

I said number 1 you do not ever ever refer to me or any woman as the little misses. Number 2 run that report again I know what my credit is and number 3 I want a new sales person! I got all 3.

The new salesman was respectful and lo and behold my credit was good.

I came to pick up the truck after they did their detailing and stuff the same salesman was there and said out loud that you know I got into trouble because you exploded! I just looked at him and said you had it coming. Dont never ever treat a woman like she is a meek second class person, cause buddy I could wipe the floor with you, yes I was pissed.

Come to find out a few months later he was gone.

So that is my story.

Bec

Oh yes, there are always oinkers around, but i love how situations have been dealt with from what I am reading aroudn here. Hubby and some of my collegues knows there is "danger" ahead in regards of me LOL, it is when there starts to creep honey syryp in my voice and I get obnoxiously nice... HUbby sometimes folds over in laughter as he knows there will be a storm ahead and the other/s are truly unaware... :evil: yup, born with an evil bone in my body!!!!

Hugs

hehehehehehehehee My favorite story about an oinker was when I was a supervisor at Apple Computers. Some jerk had called in and was just positive that the girl he was talking to didn't know how to fix his problem. He was so mean to her that the poor kid was almost in tears. I took the phone and told him who I was and what my position was with the company. He got snotty and said, "I don't want to talk to you either. I want to talk to a man. You can't tell me that there isn't a man working there". I replied, "Yes there are men working here. And they work for me."

At least I was polite to that one. Most oinkers that I encounter walk away with a limp. It's a subject on which I am more than a little bit testy.

Deb

My father was many things (Archie Bunker was his hero) but he was not a pig to women. And he brought us all up to be the same way (brother dont act like that..sister and me dont take it)

I sooo hate when a man will ask what your husband would think...*you dont want to buy this lawn mower? Can I talk to your husband?*

That usually ends the conversation for him...Who do you think you are? My husband thinks what I think..and I think you have lost a customer!

I would never assume because you are a man that you cant make a meringe just as high as I can...I would not assume you cannot feng shui your livingroom...I would not assume you cant get the dingys out of your whites!

When you assume..you make an a** out of you and me.

I had a similar car story to Bec's. I needed a new car. Jim had already spotted one at a local lot, so I stopped by to see it on my lunch hour. The salesguys were all sitting at their desks eating sandwiches. Didn't even look up as I walked in (boy,can you believe car salesmen who don't chase you down time you get out of your car?). I explained what I wanted to see. None of them wanted to help me. One told me the car was unlocked and I could go see it, but they'd rather I brought my husband back with me to look at it together. I told them it wasn't going to happen because we worked different shifts. I explained (s l o w l y, so they could understand better) that the car would be mine, I was the one paying for it, I work full time, etc). Still no interest in putting down the sandwiches. So I went out to look in the car. I stood out side as long as I could spare and no one appear. I got in to my car and drove to the competing Honda dealer and stomped out to the lot. A salesman appeared pretty quick. I'm sure I was scary at that time since I was SO mad! I pointed to a car like the one at the other lot and asked him if he'd have any objection to me buy it without my husband along!!??! He said he didn't. When I calmed down enough to really deal with the deal, I explained what had happened. Ever since that time we've bought 2 more cars from this same place. The amazing thing is that the first car lot guys called Jim a few weeks later to ask if he was still interested in the car they had for sale! No, he explained (s l o w l y) that she'd found one at the rival dealership. Heard a few months later that the owner of the business got jail time for sneaky business practices.

I just had a experience with my sales rep, but im still too upset to write about it. Ive encountered this all my life, being a woman and petite , alot of people try to push me around.

When i was young and working at a garden centre i was letting one of the carryouts take a brake for lunch. There job was to put soil and mulch, things like that in your car. I often helped out with this seeing as the section i was in charge of was just inside the greenhouse. While i was there, a man drove up and said to me. I see there sending the weeker sex out now. He laughed at me, and said that i would not be able to life the peat moss.

I said fine if you want to try, he did and could not. So i lifted it put it in his trunk and he said nothing and got in his car.

jenn