Missing Orchid schematics

UVsaturated

If any of you have built the Orchid, it comes with a set of schematics that shows each die cut sheet of plywood. As I was checking the sheets to the schematics, I noticed I have one last sheet that measures roughly 9" x 9" and isn't listed on the schematics (it only goes up to sheet #10). Does anyone know if the kits comes with another page to the schematics that shows the labeling of the parts on this last sheet?

I can probably figure out what the parts are, but just curious if I a missing a page or just losing my mind.

It looks like the sheet has two pieces of porch railing, a couple post trim pieces and 6 of those funny looking ginger-bread pieces that look like little men.

roof finals and the railing is for the stairs The single strip is for the banister B)

yup what she says! it do go with yer house!

now that ya know....are ya done yet???

need eyecandy pweeeese :evil:

nutti :hmm:

Brilliant Tracy!!!

Funny, the photos in the instructions show the interior without the railing & banister, so I couldn't see it.

Now why they fail to show that sheet on my schematics nor mention assembly of the railing I don't know either.

Either way though, you are a regular Nancy Drew!

...and Nutti, I don't think I will ever be "done". I have so many projects lined up that my house looks like the island of misfit toys.

Ahhh! I am so glad you asked this and got it answered -- it's the BANISTER! AHA! I just knew it had a use... and just did the railing on the second floor today and thought, that thing needs a banister.

Ok, I'm going to go get that piece where it belongs! (I wonder why the pic on the box doesn't even show the railing... maybe to make us newbies become more creative.? :) )

Yep, I'm really glad you managed to work it out. You'll have to be careful when you cut out the pieces though as they tend to splinter really easily, as I found out!!! I hope you have as much fun building yours though as I did. :)

I can't wait to see how you decorate yours either.

I have only built this kit 2 times with the stairs & Banisters the other times, I omit them cause I love the "extra" space and then dream that the stairs are on the "other side" of the house (The opened part :p ) I am so happy to be able to help and I cannot wait to see Pictures too :)

• 2 months later...

Oh, I'm so glad I found this post. I've had the same question and didn't want to sound stupid so I was afraid to ask.

I figured since I couldn't "find" any upstairs railing, I'd just make my own. Now I don't have to ... oh, of course I did change where the stairs go, so guess I'd better go measure the new opening I made and see if I'm anywhere in the ball park.

• 5 years later...

I'm reopening this subject because I don't recall coming across anything like it mentioned in more recent posts (this one goes back to 2008,as you'll note) and it partially solved a mystery about my recently acquired Orchid kit. I figured it might also help other new Orchid kit owners who might be as puzzled as I was. So,if you start at the beginning (it's short) my part makes more sense. I went through my kit with the parts list (schematics) and checked everything off and I too came up with the above described and pictured extra sheet. At first I was afraid someone had made a 'boo-boo' while packing up the kit (I got it seconhand off ebay). But then I realized fairly quickly it's what I assume are extra roof finials and what definitely looked like the railing for the 2nd floor staircase opening-as seen in photos of some built houses here and elsewhere online. But there were 2 other small pieces on the sheet that I couldn't rationalize. Added to that,the wood is just different enough in tone to seem to not be original to the kit! I haven't made it as for as the building instructions,as I am not going to be at that stage for awhile yet. So,later while looking at old posts about the Orchid,for my research,I was very,very glad to have the mystery sheet solved by this post-including that those smaller pieces are the stair banisters! I still haven't found out the reason for the odd,unnumbered wood sheet not being on the schematics. The railing also isn't pictured in the house photo on my box either. :dunno: But,I think I've read that there is an older version of the Orchid kit or something...(And I also know about the white plastic one) My kit instructions and schematics sheet are dated 1993,as is the box,but the Warm Up sheet is dated 2005...All this may bore any of you older members who were around in 2008,but it helped me and maybe it will help other current Orchid builders to have it in a more recent post who like me,had no idea about this extra parts sheet...I would still like to know more about the older versus newer kits,and which one mine actually is,if anyone has that info? I do know this poor thing has had at least 2 owners before me,maybe 3,and no one built her... :( But I will make her wait more than worthwhile when I get to her myself!! ^_^

If you go to the top of the page you will see a tab called downloads. It has Orchid instructions that do show where and how to do the railing and roof accents in that sheet. (The last page of the instructions to be exact!)

Thanx,Perry,that will be good to know when I get 'there'. :) I just kinda feel bad for those who don't ever come to this website. Wonder why the unidentified part sheet was included,but not on the instructions in the first place? Yes,before anyone says-I could contact Greenleaf and ask someone there,if it's really bugging me. And the 'why' is probably in an old post somewhere I could dig up....I just thought one of you who's been around for years would know. Someone else had to be curious. It's not rocket science how to build the stair rails or use the roof finials-not my point. Just that oddities like this BUG me! Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time!!

Kat, I used the roof finials with one of the octagonal window punchouts to make a table; KathieB led me on that one.

I had used those pieces for a table, too, and for decoration in various places as I didn't do the gingerbread roof trim. Just looked at my parts list (kit was purchased a year ago) and no metion of that sheet on mine either.

• Like 1

Yes,I've seen several inventive ways to use the punch outs in my browsing/searches all over,which is an extra fun bonus! :) And if I don't use the stairs I'll repurpose the railings. But,there's more to this kit's history that I just wish I knew:In the photo on the box,the window 'glass' patterns are charming and look much like real multi-pane windows. But my kit includes those ugly (To me!) "bug-splat" patterns that I see on most Orchids (Hey,that is a quote from some other forum member who used that apt description in some long ago post I saw...). It was a very big disappointment,since the pretty ones are displayed on the box! So the plastic inserts that came in my kit will be replaced with something else,if anyone wants mine for free!! ^_^ I'm sure if it were some other kit,I'd be noticing some little flukes or quirks about it,too. When I start building it,none of it will matter,I guess! It will be awhile before I get to build it,but I've almost decided my colors,so maybe that will distract me from the mysteries..... :p

Mine was missing schematic #11 too but I found a great assembly instruction .pdf file online that includes the schematics #1-11 plus step by step assembly illustrations I hope this helps others as much as it's helped me. http://www.corona-concepts.com/instructions/Orchid-Doll-House-Instructions.pdf